Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 5 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 23/07/11

Options
  • 05-07-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

After a month vacation to accomadate the Evo Qualifiers, Tempest returns.

Entry is €10 to the tournament.
    Casuals and registration start at 11.00. The tournament itself will start at the later time of 13.00.

Like last time, this tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s. Sorry all you PS3 boyos. Now might be a good time to invest in a converter.
    There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.
    Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

Finally, this event will be seeded based on the results from the previous events. The seed list is currently:

seedpostt4.png

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

SFCorkMap.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

A group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he loses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll be there, with my Xbox in tow as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Cool! See y'all then:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be there no doubt about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'll try to make it, but if the gf has the day off, I'll be chillin' in Limerick.

• Advertisement

Can anyone get there hands on a laptop? If so I'll bring my recording device.

I'd offer to bring mine, but it's barely functional these days.

How good a laptop do ya need il bring mine no bother but its fairly basic

mackg wrote: »
    How good a laptop do ya need il bring mine no bother but its fairly basic

Be great if you could bring it!
    Any laptop at all will do, just need to know what operating system do you have?
    Also the size of hard drive aswell?:p
    Coz the videos are lyk over 1 or 2 GB before compression. After they're like 200-400mb. So alot of space is needed.
    I'll bring the software and drivers on my memory stick if you're able to bring the laptop.

Vista:eek:

Have an external HD so space won't be an issue

• Advertisement

mackg wrote: »
    Vista:eek:

Have an external HD so space won't be an issue

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

It's been a while, but hopefully I can make it down for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Unfortunately I shall not be in attendance, as SOMEONE is getting married the day before (not me, but he's a member here.....the selfish ***** :D)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

While I don't think any of you know me as I'm new to this board, your fighting game scene and this country, I will be there since the Newport is like a stone's throw from my apartment. I am looking forward to meeting you all and getting blown up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Woot! I got the day off so I'll probably show up . . . and get hammered :cool:

Also, I can bring my Xbox should you need a spare one.

Good stuff! :) Nice to see some returning and new faces! :D

Any equipment you can bring would be great, Blood. I can't guarantee that it will be used as monitors have always been the rarer commodity at Tempests, but if it's not too much trouble to bring it I'd gladly have the safety net it would offer :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

Not bad, or was it just luck? Lets see how you do against a fighter like me!

Bison! I'll rip your ****ing heart out!

Ha, Ha, Ha, Sorry to dissapoint you captain, I'm afraid I don't have one.

I'll be there also. I'll show you, I'll show you all!

The hype has clearly gotten to Seanalot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I shall not be in attendance, as SOMEONE is getting married the day before (not me, but he's a member here.....the selfish ***** :D)

I'd love to come to this. I wasn't playing much SF for a while, but I'm hooked again.

I'm "the selfish *****" getting married on Friday though, so I won't be down... :D Some day soon, I promise!

• Advertisement

Sure come on down anyway. If there's uneven numbers I'll give you the free win as a wedding gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

M.Silver! I'll rip your ****ing heart out!

Ha, Ha, Ha, Sorry to dissapoint you Seanalot, I'm afraid I don't have one.

And come the tourney you'll find out the price of this insult !!

YES! YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Ryu: The Answer lies in the heart of battle

Gen: Ancient words of wisdom..."you suck."

I'll be going :D

I don't condone any of these horrible replies.

PS Let the spirits guide you to the Newport on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Definitely going to try and make it back to this, but don't hold your breath. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Just thought I should bump this given its on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Me sadly can not make this one,gots to go to wexford for the weekend.ya all av fun anywayz.

Sorry lads. Unfortunately something came up, won't be able to make this one :(.
    Tempest 6 FTW!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Same most lightly won't make it sleeping times messed up.....can't sleep any earlier than 3am :/ making me wake up at 12 so won't be able :pac:

Have a good one lads :)

P.S. keep my money for ms points :P Ha won't take my money sairus:cool:

• Advertisement

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Same most lightly won't make it sleeping times messed up.....can't sleep any earlier than 3am :/ making me wake up at 12 so won't be able :pac:

That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Bwok bwok bwok.

Advertisement