Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 5 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 23/07/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Sairus wrote: »
    That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Bwok bwok bwok.

na its legit excuse because I need my sleep otherwise I feel like crap so even if I go I will be annoyed and pissed off :P

Bwok bwok bwok. urself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Has anyone in this forum ever even seen a chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Same most lightly won't make it sleeping times messed up.....can't sleep any earlier than 3am :/ making me wake up at 12 so won't be able :pac:

Have a good one lads :)

P.S. keep my money for ms points :P Ha won't take my money sairus:cool:

sounds like he has caught the ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Good Tempest!

I can't say I played as well as I wanted to, but when I lost I was quite simply outplayed. Nice set of casuals with prenelf and misty afterwards too!

Looking foward to the next tempest, I'll have to learn to balls out and just kongo those solar plexus cody punches :).

Shoulda gone Vizard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to all I played today. Always good to see some new faces as well.

Also, when I missed Ex-Dive Kick into Ultra 2 during my losers stage match against Gouke, to say that I was SICKENED would be an undestatement! ( Yes, there is video of that match and you'll hear me groan quite loudly when the Ultra misses! )

Gouke, your going down at Tempest 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Some quick results before I pass out from eating way too much chilli.

1st: Silver Steez
    2nd: Shokashi
    3rd: Sairus

Clearly the key to success in Cork is having two 's's in your name.

Videos will be up as soon as I find where I left the cable for my camera.

raah! wrote: »
    Good Tempest!

I can't say I played as well as I wanted to, but when I lost I was quite simply outplayed. Nice set of casuals with prenelf and misty afterwards too!

Looking foward to the next tempest, I'll have to learn to balls out and just kongo those solar plexus cody punches :).

Shoulda gone Vizard!

Next one I'll go to in the end I went to sleep at 8....... got woken up by next door neighbour at 12..... played ps3 with my friend until 5 and went to sleep and just got up now :P Man times totally messed up but come next tempest in August I should be fine everything back to normal....

How many people went?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

It wasn't the biggest one, but there were alot of new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tossi

I'm definitely gonna go to one of these in either august or september when the girlfriend goes back to college in september as I'll have a place to stay!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Some quick results before I pass out from eating way too much chilli.

1st: Silver Steez
    2nd: Shokashi
    3rd: Sairus

Clearly the key to success in Cork is having two 's's in your name.

Videos will be up as soon as I find where I left the cable for my camera.

Sorry I couldn't stay too long. Saw Mistys missed U2 (no pun intended) and a very impressive performance by silversteez.

Hopefully can attend the next one!
    Futureguyss

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Anyway of making Tempest 6 somewhere around the start of August? Otherwise gonna have to miss the next one too:(. Going to Madrid.:cool:

Well...not start but before the 15th? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Thanks for running a better tournament then Brocon Sairus... isn't much of a compliment but there you go.

I had a really good time. Congratulations to the winning players and also thanks to those I had a chance to get some casuals with. Roll on Tempest 6!

GGs to all, was good craic today. Would have stayed around for a few more casuals after but the hangover won out in the end :(. I'm going to Liverpool next month so won't be along, I will have to plan my holidays around this from now on. Thanks as usual to Sairus and congrats to Steez. There seems to be some merit to this two s business so I guess I will be smacks from now on:P

A note about the videos: I shan't be able to get them up till Monday as I shall be visiting our dear nation's captial.
    Sure no one wants to see me being perfected by Steez anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

It was awesome getting to meet you guys! I look forward to the next one and hopefully I can find some of you on xbox live before then. :D

wtfbenson wrote: »
    It was awesome getting to meet you guys! I look forward to the next one and hopefully I can find some of you on xbox live before then. :D

My GT: cillianlawlor add me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My GT is Misty Chaos if you want to add me as well.

I didn't go to this tempest but I'll put mine up 2 GT:VizardAnto

VizardAnto wrote: »
    I didn't go to this tempest but I'll put mine up 2 GT:VizardAnto

must be pointed out that Anto is possessed of some super advanced type of internet connection;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

My GT: WasterEx

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

my GT: NinjaRoguePanda XBL

i will get around to changing my name to shokashi on it by next week

Finally got the videos uploaded after some technical difficulties.

Here are the finals, the rest are over on my Youtube channel. There's also a short writeup over on streetfighter.ie.

Grand Finals

Winners Finals

Losers Finals

Here's the current seed list. I'm only going to be keeping seed points for the previous 3 Tempests, so if you miss or do badly in a few tournaments you'll stop being seeded.

seedpostt5.png

i was sooooo close, dam u steez :p

Shokashi wrote: »
    i was sooooo close, dam u steez :p

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you still had to win two more games after that to win the title :pac:
    Since you came up from Losers you have to win twice as many games in the Grand Final!

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you still had to win two more games after that to win the title :pac:
    Since you came up from Losers you have to win twice as many games in the Grand Final!

i know, but............. i see your point............. BUT I WAS SOOOOO CLOSE!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sai would you like me to mirror a vid like I did for Glacial league?

Sai would you like me to mirror a vid like I did for Glacial league?

Yar, that'd be lovely :)
    The Grand Final would be the best one to take I imagine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yar, that'd be lovely :)
    The Grand Final would be the best one to take I imagine.

I'll do it when I get home.

If I have time, I will trim the edges off and everything and try to pretty it up a little :)

• Advertisement

raah! wrote: »
    Good Tempest!

epic punching technique that i rarely use in ant fight, but i found it quite helpful this time around. i had a good fight, cant wait till next time i fight you

Advertisement