Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prep for Day Of Champions (3?) July - 16th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Just have super turbo there and akuma banned (never played hd remake so don't know how balanced he is there) and ill be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

He's banned in HD Remix as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Naphiel wrote: »
    Would it not be better to have this and Inferno as far apart from each other as possible? Say run one on the first Saturday of the month and the other on the third.
    Pretty much my idea originally; though Exchange constraints might push them close together. I'm hoping to have at least a week between the two to compensate, but I really want to have it next month regardless. Better to conscript a tournament to a month and hold it, then adjust for better dates later on. I hadn't known previously that a month was too short a notice to propose such a thing, but we live and learn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Gentlemen.

Garou.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Dude "not meant for them"? That sounds so elitist (though I know you're not like that at all).

Sorry didn't mean to sound like that. I play ssf4 so not like it bothers me:D but I just hope it doesn't become a ssf4 thing (casual/tourney) more then the other games. thats all

• Advertisement

Yeah I get you, but honestly a team tourney shouldn't take more than one setup to run, I don't see it overwhelming the event at all.

Well, since no one seemed to mention any days that suited, I went for one that seemed most sensible; the 30th. I've only emailed them today, so fingers crossed and all that.
    I've yet to plan the times, but it looks like it might be 13:00 - 18:00 on the best bet, though we'll probably cut that down a bit (like 13:30) so we have time to set up and such, and also run a lil free play before hand. Main events looking like;
    MK9
    BB
    MvC3
    T6
    SFteams
    with sub tournaments in
    ST
    AH3
    Main events will be double elim, sub tournaments will be single. A number of these may well be run concurrently, but I'll try to space so people aren't jumping from MvC to SF. Price will be 5 to enter on the day, and then scaled pricing based on tournaments entered. I'd like to make it so that you can throw a tenner in on top of the 5 and take part in everything, but I'll need to iron it out in my head. Also, that will cut into prize money a bit, having it all in one big pot. These are all things I'm gonna keep chatting others about and getting a better idea for.

Once the date is confirmed, I'll start talking to people in MK9 and T6 and try to get them to stir up whatever they can to get more people out.

Would you reconsider a place on the lineup if 3soe is out by then?

I'd probably put it in as a sub event for the first month, then main event for all subsequent months.

Unless, like, it was out at the VERY start of July. Then it'd be straight main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

The 30th of July?

• Advertisement

Fair enough - imo it'd be worthy of main event status as soon as it came out (especially then while the buzz is on for it), but your call.

Well, it's all up in the air at the mo. If there's enough hype for it, I'd be fine making it a main event. Like I said before, I'm really just setting up the framework for tournaments besides Inferno to be run.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Oh my gf is going to hate me. I fly to turkey at 9 on this day..... But I will still be there ;-)

If I go missing after it means she murdered me ok

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Fair enough - imo it'd be worthy of main event status as soon as it came out (especially then while the buzz is on for it), but your call.

Yea I'd agree with this. It's not a brand new game that people have to learn from scratch, so saying it has to be out a month beforehand to make it a main event seems a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'd love to help with running the sub AH3 Tournament :) I also have a copy of the game which I'm happy to provide (PS3).

Red350 wrote: »
    Yea I'd agree with this. It's not a brand new game that people have to learn from scratch, so saying it has to be out a month beforehand to make it a main event seems a bit pointless.

Like I said; if that's the consensus, I'll make it so :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It makes sense if it's the newest game. All games get a surge of interest on release. the trick is to get people into the scene then :D

I think we should push MK9 too. There's clearly interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Regarding SF3:OE, I think it would be better if participation in this was one of the free/sub games if you pay in enough on the main games.

If the intention is to encourage new people that is.

As a new/non player, knowing I'm entering a tournament with people who have a decade and a half's worth of experience is a discouraging factor for putting separate money down.

I've yet to decide on the money issue, but I was thinking something along the lines of; base entry is a fiver (to pay the exchange) and then entry to 1 tournament would be like 7 quid, entry to more than 1 would be 10, with sub/side tournaments being free/1 quid to play in. The reason would be to have a decent prize pot to draw from for reward money, while encouraging people to join multiple games. None of these numbers are concrete as of yet, though. I'll still be asking around other people in the community, seeing what they have to say about it.

Booking's gone through! We're on for the 30th.

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »
    Booking's gone through! We're on for the 30th.

BOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

BOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

You can't come?

What about team "Wish it was super"? :(

You can't come?

What about team "Wish it was super"? :(

Yh man, im stuck in vegas the whole weekend :(;)

Kinda bummed tbh, was looking forward to this, especially after i rediscovered my gdlike tekken skillz in casuals yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

A honda/guile team is banned anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I've got to be honest, i'm a little bit hype for this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Might want to change the title for the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Or make a new thread with all the correct and relevant info in post 1. Or edit this one. Whatever is simpler.

I've gone beyond the time allowed to edit dates. I'll make a new post next weekend for people so we can get more interest + find out who can bring setups.

I'll probably have a closer to final assessment of price by then too.

I can alter the thread title but really I think a new thread would be the optimal solution.

• Advertisement

Ye just make a new thread with a clear title and OP.

Advertisement