Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest Train Station to Curragh Army Camp?

• 26-06-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have to go to the Curragh Army Camp tomorrow...But I am not in anyway familiar with Kildare!

From what I can see, Newbridge is the nearest train station to The Curragh Camp.

If I get the train from Connolly Station in Dublin to Newbridge I can just get a taxi to the Curragh Camp!

Can someone confirm this for me?

Or is their any easier way?

Thanks in Advance Guys!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

I don't know what the closest station is but I do know the train to Newbridge leaves from Heuston station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

NEwbridge is the closest station,kildare station is very close too if train times don't suit. Also, as said above,those trains leave from heuston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kildare station is 10.5km away, Newbridge is about half that

Yep, get your train from Heuston and you'll get a taxi when you arrive in Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

budhabob wrote: »
    NEwbridge is the closest station,kildare station is very close too if train times don't suit. Also, as said above,those trains leave from heuston.

Actually Newbridge and Kildare stations are more or less the same distance from the Curragh.

Pick whichever station is closest to where you're going to reduce the fare;)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Thanks Lads!

Really appreciated...

Anyone down there tomorrow will see my big stupid Donegal head getting lost around Newbridge haha
    :)

• Advertisement

By the way...

What kinda price would a taxi be from newbridge to the curragh?

8-10 euro

Hey, if this is some interview and recruitment thing you're going to, you might find a few more in the train station to split the taxi with

Mikemac you are on the ball haha

Thats why Im going down!...yeah Im sure ill find a few more lost lookin lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Some of the Bus Eireann services (#126) go directly to the Curragh Camp! And they'll go from Busarus, which is nearer Connolly, which might suit you. Though train will be a shorter journey timewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694471-126.pdf
    If you decide to get the bus let me know where your interview is and i'll give you directions from where you get off the bus.

• Advertisement

I have to go to the Gym in the Camp...

Thanks Lucy :)

Train or bus cheaper do you guys think?

Return bus ticket is cheaper but takes longer. When you factor in the €10 e/w for taxi's its expensive for the train+taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

PaurGasm wrote: »
    I have to go to the Gym in the Camp...

Thanks Lucy :)
    if ya get the bus get off at the post office, its just after the church and fire station, walk down the hill and ya will see centra on the left, take the road to the right there, theres a cattle grid beside a big green fence on the road, walk down there and the gym will be on the left, its a massive grey building with a fence all around it

guil wrote: »
    if ya get the bus get off at the post office, its just after the church and fire station, walk down the hill and ya will see centra on the left, take the road to the right there, theres a cattle grid beside a big green fence on the road, walk down there and the gym will be on the left, its a massive grey building with a fence all around it

Sound man :)

Didnt realise boards.ie was so helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From reading http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056145634 I see there is a bus going from Newbridge to the Camp. As you'll be getting off at Connolly, please note that a Bus Eireann bus goes from just outside Connolly train station to the camp http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694471-126.pdf - not sure how up-to-date the times on it are, though.

curragh.jpg

From the bus stop to the gym is at most a 5 minute walk. From the direction you approach the gym in my pic is the back of the gym. you need to walk along the side to the front

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mick3001

Im gonna be gettin the bus from Bus Aras at 12, should get me down for around 13 20 according to the timetable, your welcome to join me if you wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stoneybatter

Hey Mick,

I'll be going down to the Curragh tomorrow (Tuesday) as well. I'll see ya on the bus, so!

Do ya think the bus that leaves at 12 will get us there for 2? I know it says it's meant arrive at 1.20, but does that leave enough time for traffic, etc...?

Cheers & good luck tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Hey Mick,

I'll be going down to the Curragh tomorrow (Tuesday) as well. I'll see ya on the bus, so!

Do ya think the bus that leaves at 12 will get us there for 2? I know it says it's meant arrive at 1.20, but does that leave enough time for traffic, etc...?

Cheers & good luck tomorrow...

You'll definitely be out of Dublin before the lunchtime traffic. The only traffic you may have to contend with will be in Naas (it'll probably be grand) and Newbridge (usually worse for the traffic imo, but there shouldn't be too much at around one o'clock). So I'd say you'll definitely be there before two. You'll probably arrive on time.

• Advertisement

mick3001 wrote: »
    Im gonna be gettin the bus from Bus Aras at 12, should get me down for around 13 20 according to the timetable, your welcome to join me if you wish!

MICK3001!

Its your bus buddy Pauric haha

So did you make it there in the end?

Do they trust a Donegal lad with guns and heavy vehicles? :eek:

Yeah met a few lads who knew where to go thankfully!

Nah I dont think I made the cut this year...Next year will be my year!

Advertisement