Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help for a Corkman lost in Kildare!

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all, sorry to butt in here with probably stupid questions but here goes.

I am staying in Newbridge for a couple days next week. I have to do a course in the Mil College in the Curragh but as I'm a dirty civilian I have to stay off barracks. Anyway, my question is:

Is there a bus service from Newbridge to the Curragh Camp? A regular one? If not, then how much is a taxi out there and back gonna cost me? Anyone know a decent cab company in Newbridge?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. manicshooter@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Damien360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Depending on where you're staying in Newbridge, the curragh camp would almost be walking distance.

e.g. if you were in Keadeen hotel, you'd walk it in 30 min at a brisk pace. Taxi would be well under €10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

91011 wrote: »
    Depending on where you're staying in Newbridge, the curragh camp would almost be walking distance.

e.g. if you were in Keadeen hotel, you'd walk it in 30 min at a brisk pace. Taxi would be well under €10
    there isnt 1 taxi company that will go to the curragh from newbridge for less than a tenner, most of the taxi's in the curragh will go to newbridge for a tenner but the newbridge taxi/hackneys charge 12 or 13 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

guil wrote: »
    there isnt 1 taxi company that will go to the curragh from newbridge for less than a tenner, most of the taxi's in the curragh will go to newbridge for a tenner but the newbridge taxi/hackneys charge 12 or 13 i think

one of the firms on the main st advertise curragh for €10 - don't know which one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

guil wrote: »
    They charge 12 to the other side of kilcullen so I'd imagine 12 would be the very very max for the curragh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lucylu19

if you have a bike.. bring it and cycle... save you loads!! I know it's €6 for local fares so wouldn't think it would be any more than €10 for the curragh.
    Or I'm sure once you get there, someone on the course might take pity on you and give you a lift!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 calexico65

lucylu19 wrote: »
    Or I'm sure once you get there, someone on the course might take pity on you and give you a lift!!;)

There is that possibility too. Fingers crossed ha ha. I'm sure I will manage it and the bus option looks feasible enough. I'm sure I can get someone to drop me back into Newbridge after the day is done.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Advertisement