Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Irish HL predictions P 1 AND 2 * (1 thread please!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

No, i didnt find it hard but that was just me and im fluent so different circumstances. Its also short and in the first section say of Stair. However, if its the difference of learning Gluaiseanna for the first time and revising over a story or a poem that has a high shot of coming up your best off to go with revision over something new.

Okay thank you.. :) It's just I'm a repeat this year and I need at least a C in higher irish for the course I want so every mark counts .. thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

hunii07 wrote: »
    Okay thank you.. :) It's just I'm a repeat this year and I need at least a C in higher irish for the course I want so every mark counts .. thanks again :)

oh alrite the pressure of repeating. well usually everybody goes up a grade anyway and you probably know where you went down last time around so once you work on that you will fly it. good luck anyway and i will check back here again later tonight if you have any other questions before tuesdays paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mty92

In honours if you only just study Mathair, Oiche Nollaig and an tOilean would you be safe? Besides Stair do they spring much surprises in messing up predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i've learned
    -the media
    -religion
    -sport
    -education
    -problems in ireland today
    -environment

will that be enough? or should i do more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

I'm coming very close to smashing things up in my room. This is ridiculous:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

mty92 wrote: »
    In honours if you only just study Mathair, Oiche Nollaig and an tOilean would you be safe? Besides Stair do they spring much surprises in messing up predictions?

its hard to know really i was looking through the papers and Níl aon Ní came up as the compulsory for 3 years in a row once, also the compulsory for the pro often has come up the following year,
    maybe if you have time learn dan do mhelissa too just to be sure and learn aislings for stair so if they put up uircheall again you will be able to answer it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Todhcai na Gaeilge would be so beautiful I can't even describe it.... It's very dodgy though the only other one ive learned is slainte and that will more than likely not come up... pray for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StudiosStudent

I'm stressing over this to be honest, I totally forgot the play/book we did in class and I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking of just bluffing the exam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mozzypuffs

Does anyone know what this seanfhocal means??

Ní troimide an ceann an fhoghlaim

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

mozzypuffs wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this seanfhocal means??

Ní troimide an ceann an fhoghlaim

perhaps something like: "Learning (or education) is no load"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm stressing over this to be honest, I totally forgot the play/book we did in class and I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking of just bluffing the exam :(
    Paper 2 isn't on until Tuesday, chill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

How long does the aiste/dispoireacht have to be?

How long does the aiste/dispoireacht have to be?
    Normally I aim to have all my essays around 2 and a half pages but that's not a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

600 words max, I think. So if you get 8 words per line, you'll need 75 lines, which is 2.5ish pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anfieldrd

What way is everyone breaking down paper 1, time wise? 45 mins each on the readings and an hour or so on essay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 claire_p

anfieldrd wrote: »
    What way is everyone breaking down paper 1, time wise? 45 mins each on the readings and an hour or so on essay?

yeh that's what i had planned.. about 40/45 mins on each leamhtuiscint and then the rest of the time on the essay...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I'd be hoping for Oiche Nollaig na mBan and Maigdiléana. . .we've got them well covered, but what dye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StudiosStudent

hunii07 wrote: »
    Can someone please give me three points on gluaiseanna(for stair).. my teacher done ogham but not gluaiseanna and I can't find any notes.. help :(

x = 60 y = 53
    x = 29 y = 289
    x = 7 y = 14

hope this helps! a lot of forum members have been quite rude to me today, I'm just here like everyone else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LMFAOFLOL

I reckon An tOileán.... and either Dan do Mhellisa or Oiche Nollaig Na mBan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 lmwell

I believe it will be Maigdileana and Dan do Mhelissa

I dont agree with everyone saying an t-Oileain will come up.
    If any other poem is in with a chance, it will be Oiche Nollag but I'm really confident it will be the above 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Anyone have any notes on this i think it could come up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fionn27

Could anyone shed some light on what the marking scheme is usually like for paper 2? I know it changes with the conference every year, but just a general gist...
    I need to get a C1 in Irish, and I've worked out that I need 150/180 in paper 2 to get this, with what I think I got so far, since my listening was a bit of a disaster. Is the paper marked difficult or is it fairly ok? I've sample answers on most things, and good notes on stair, so basically I'm just wondering if those sample answers and notes will be sufficient to get me the marks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AHogan92

To the last poster sorry I cant ya.Right lads I have bit of a dilemma. I didnt study book basically: (thig and an triail). I have a revision book here with me and i could revise La bui Bealtaine overnight. Could I use his for Drama(B) roghnaigh. In case you think I was dossing I wasnt, Im an exernal strudent,.. . Please be accurate as the next 30 ears of my life prob will be decided tomorow!:p

What are people looking at for the stair??

GSI wrote: »
    What are people looking at for the stair??
    Fiannaiocht, Ruraiocht, An Aisling, Cuirteanna Filiochta, Na Danta Gra and An Ghaeilge Mar Teanga Ceilteach.

Gonna have Maigdalaena, Oiche Nollaig, An tOilean and Dan do Mhelissa as my hard hitters. I hope Lig Sinn i gCathu doesn't come up, I hate that story.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Fiannaiocht, Ruraiocht, An Aisling, Cuirteanna Filiochta, Na Danta Gra and An Ghaeilge Mar Teanga Ceilteach.

Gonna have Maigdalaena, Oiche Nollaig, An tOilean and Dan do Mhelissa as my hard hitters. I hope Lig Sinn i gCathu doesn't come up, I hate that story.

Thanks:) yeah im looking at the same poems:) haha Lig sin igcathu is coming up though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

For someone who just wants to pass HL Irish, what ought I learn for Paper 2? My Paper 1 and Oral went quite nicely but the listening was a disaster and i'm hopeless at anything Paper 2 related. I literally cannot write more than a half page on Prós or Poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AHogan92

Please lads can anybody point me in the right direction?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Id go for Lig Sinn i gcathu, An Bhean Og, Claire Sa Speir
    Jack, Gealt, Bimse buan ar buairt gach la,
    Maighdileanna, An Mhatair, Dan do Mhelissa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mel_!

does anyone have notes on an bean og?,, something simple that i could quickly look over!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement