Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Flamelily don't be too harsh on yourself, went to a kids party myself on Sunday. Took my own advice and filled myself up but my god did i pick and pick and pick!!!!!! Kids parties should never be underestimated when it comes to tempatation!!
    Even when you have such good expectations.

I did the mini marathon yesterday, along with all the other fabulous women. Was very pleased with myself! Then after the girls decided to go to McDonalds! I was hungry but ended up proud that i didn't pig out on a meal etc, I just had a grilled chicken wrap and hoping it wasn't a bad choice. Old WW points was 6 so i was kinda thinking it was 12 points? Anyone know what the new points is?

Weigh in tomorrow and hoping so much that my snack attack at the party and McD wrap hasn't ruined my chances.
    think the wrap is about 9 or 10 trying to remember from ww meeting leader had all of them pointed out!
    I always go for the salad I love salads though!

newbee22 wrote: »
    Lost my 4th stone!!
    well done must be a great feeling! smile.gif

Well think I managed to have a great weekend and not go mad on my PP ! had a christening Sunday! which I just had small portion of rice and curry and loads of salad and a tiny taste of cake! on the way home we had a long drive ahead and stopped in the shop for snacks and food for the kids! I was picking up bars and crisps but said no don't want them and we got fruit instead no one missed the crap! so glad I did as I would have been ok with using my weeklies but rather spend them on having a bigger dinner or a healthy snack than crap!

I also went out and got my self a lovely maxi dress was supper delighted when the size 14 fit yay think my weight is coming off my face and back first! I also took out some summer clothes I had and one skirt I loved is to big looks stupid on so wont be wearing that again good and bad cause I loved the skirt oh well smile.gif some day I will be investing in a new wardrobe!

had a sneaky peek at the scales and Im down now to keep it there for thursday WI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Thanks Lainey you're a great help!:D

Must pick up some of those tinned fruits!

tesco own brand about 75c a can, NATURAL JUICE! :)

cailindana wrote: »
    Hi there.. I only found this thread yesterday and been reading it and catching up I think its great! Been following PP system since Jan and so far lost 16lbs and another 14 to go.. Be great to use this forum for advice etc.. Best of luck everyone with WI's this week xxxx

16lbs thats GREAT well done! Just jump right in! Its all give and take on tips, encouragement, advice, :D

also picked up Rosmary Conleys Diet & fitness magazine today

it is PACKED with healthy YUMMY recipes! and work outs for bums and tums!

We'll have to point the recipes our selves...but wont be that hard to do...

lots of BBQ and salad idea. and has a big section on the calories in drink...I know we dont look at calories...but I always try to watch the calories aswell...like if things are same points...I'll go for the one with fewer calories...

end of the day weight loss is Calories in Vs Calories Out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Down another half. Pretty happy given that I was very bad with the water this week and I was picking at bad stuff during the week. Hopefully get a better result next week.19lbs gone in total.

• Advertisement

i'm eating ALOT more food....and alot less points this week.....and dear god....i'm stuffed....and :O I still have like 9 points (not including activity points) left!

But I know i'll be up till about 1 or 2 am....so I'll prob want something later on...will have some readybrek or ryvita....

I have dinner in the oven....be ready in half an hour....and i'm like looking for my appetite!....this whole no carbs and bulk up on protein at lunch is panning out so far....although too many eggs have....smelly side effects!

Tomorrow I might just have two grilled chicken breasts tossed in a bit of extra light mayo and finely diced onion over some lettuce (if the lettace is still fresh by then) that would be 9pp (1 tablesp of extra light mayo is 0pp) 2 - 3 tablesp is 1pp

I'm back in the zone.....HAPPY DANCE! LAINY'S FOUND HER MOJO!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Hi all, I'm looking for any advice or opinions about trying to do WW on my own. I started WW in March and have almost lost a stone. I would love to lose another stone to get to a healthy BMI. I went for the pre-pay option but only have one more pre-paid class to go to. My kids are getting their holidays in a few weeks so it will be harder for me to get out exercising during the day + we will be going away for 2weeks in July so my weight loss will probably slow down after June. I am taking part in the "motivation chart" that GTI is doing on this thread and have found that it is really motivating me to keep going...and it doesnt cost me e10 per week to do. I know how the pro points system works- its up to me to keep at it!! This thread has as much advice as you get in any class but I'm wondering do I need the face-to-face class and weight in to really keep going? Should I keep paying my tenner a week or give it a shot just using this thread as support? The money I save could go towards some new clothes for my smaller waistline!! Any advice please? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Lady Lainy wrote: »

I'm back in the zone.....HAPPY DANCE! LAINY'S FOUND HER MOJO!

you go girl!!!!! I am feeling a bit more positive today as well, took a leaf out of your book and been looking at recipes all day:cool: so am changing my diet around a bit and gonna see if that keeps me back on the wagon!!!

Hi all, I'm looking for any advice or opinions about trying to do WW on my own. I started WW in March and have almost lost a stone. I would love to lose another stone to get to a healthy BMI. I went for the pre-pay option but only have one more pre-paid class to go to. My kids are getting their holidays in a few weeks so it will be harder for me to get out exercising during the day + we will be going away for 2weeks in July so my weight loss will probably slow down after June. I am taking part in the "motivation chart" that GTI is doing on this thread and have found that it is really motivating me to keep going...and it doesnt cost me e10 per week to do. I know how the pro points system works- its up to me to keep at it!! This thread has as much advice as you get in any class but I'm wondering do I need the face-to-face class and weight in to really keep going? Should I keep paying my tenner a week or give it a shot just using this thread as support? The money I save could go towards some new clothes for my smaller waistline!! Any advice please? Thanks!!

You could sign up to ww online for like 12 euro a month, its the uk site, you can pay with Irish credit card. but for residential address just google a random english hotel as its UK residents only.

Your the only one who can answer whats right for you. I attended meetings for about a year and half before switching to ww online, because classes didnt suit my college time table.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

You could sign up to ww online for like 12 euro a month, its the uk site, you can pay with Irish credit card. but for residential address just google a random english hotel as its UK residents only.

Your the only one who can answer whats right for you. I attended meetings for about a year and half before switching to ww online, because classes didnt suit my college time table.

How does WW on line work? This thread along with GTI's motivation chart could be as good for me as doing it online. Its a pity its so expensive to go to the classes because it really works. I'm a long way off the goal that my leader set me so I'll be paying for a long time. I'm afraid because so many people say that when they give up the meetings that the weight they lost goes back on, along with more! I would like to think that I will keep reading this thread and that seeing other peoples weight losses will keep me adding to my own loss!

• Advertisement

flamelily wrote: »
    you go girl!!!!! I am feeling a bit more positive today as well, took a leaf out of your book and been looking at recipes all day:cool: so am changing my diet around a bit and gonna see if that keeps me back on the wagon!!!

Monife has a tonne of recipes over in the group. I printed them all out and me an A4 book :)

What i did as well, Changed my bed sheets and got a REALLY REALLY good night sleep charged my batteries to take on my lil challenge i set for my self...

i have the 3ish lbs gain from the last two weeks to lose + my 5lb loss by end of June...so want/need to lose about 8lbs by end of the month...even if i don't make it....its something to aim for...so that's bout to get me somewhat close to my mini target.

I'm relieved i'm back on track...thought I was in quick sand to a bad place!

How does WW on line work? This thread along with GTI's motivation chart could be as good for me as doing it online. Its a pity its so expensive to go to the classes because it really works. I'm a long way off the goal that my leader set me so I'll be paying for a long time. I'm afraid because so many people say that when they give up the meetings that the weight they lost goes back on, along with more! I would like to think that I will keep reading this thread and that seeing other peoples weight losses will keep me adding to my own loss!

on-line you get really handy articles on things like how to survive parties, holidays, kids parties, eating out, an online tracker and access to a huge data base of foods, specific brands, alcohol points, resturaunt menu's pointed,

you also get to choose your own weight day and time, I do mine saturday mornings.

you will need a DECENT digital bathroom scales, Salter are a good brand, and are usually on special in argos

ww online is where i get my points and facts and information......here is where i get my encouragement and support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

:pac:
    Dublin25 wrote: »
    Thanks! I checked the site yesterday and the one i had wasn't on it (or i couldn't find it!). I had the Salsa and Mayo Grilled Chicken wrap, was ok as McD's goes.

The salsa Mayo wrap is the best one it is 9pp the others are between 12-14 pp If you look on the back of the tray liner it has all the NI which is handy for the specails I must have look lovely with my WW calculator in Micky D's:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

So delighted with myself just back from holidays lost 3lbs so thats 1stone 2lbs. was very good did my power walk everyday as well as lots of swimming....having said that lots of wine too so was shocked to be down 3lbs. I feel so skinny !!:) Very well done to all who did the marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

throw them out! you'll be proud of your self when you do! If I can pull my self back from the bottomless pit that was the last two weeks....YOU CAN DO IT!

Is féidir linn
    Is féidir linn
    Is féidir linn

Hahaha thanks Lainy!!Came back home and had 4 squares of Galaxy....now on starvation mode....when I get emotional I usually eat LOADS or nothing....tonight I put down choc....but ate nothing since, cuz I know if pick something up , ill eat ALLLLLL night!!! Gonna do some housework now to take my mind off things!!! Just been "one of those days"
    Have a wedding 22nd of July.....gives me about 7 wks to fit into my fab dress......

eeeep dont let the MODS see that!!!! we'll get in trouble.....thats the "unhealthy habits" they DONT want to see...they warned us about it....

please can you rephrase it...we'll be murdered!##

Dont starve your self....its not that late, shops are still open....if you need to eat....pop out to get something healthy, fruit, yohurts, rice cakes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

kc83 wrote: »
    Have a wedding 22nd of July.....gives me about 7 wks to fit into my fab dress......
    I'm the same! Have a fab dress that won't look fab unless I kick a good 7-10 lbs off.
    I'm determined to get into it! We can aim for a 1lb a week, that'll make a huge difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

wooo hoo

down 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

newbee22 wrote: »
    Quick question guys...is pizza express the same as Milanos?! Heading there for dinner and want to point it before I go and decide on something with good points?

just to clarify Milano is the same as pizza express - its just different names in the uk and ireland. you can use the points in the eating out guide

kc83 wrote: »
    Hahaha thanks Lainy!!Came back home and had 4 squares of Galaxy....now on starvation mode....when I get emotional I usually eat LOADS or nothing....tonight I put down choc....but ate nothing since, cuz I know if pick something up , ill eat ALLLLLL night!!! Gonna do some housework now to take my mind off things!!! Just been "one of those days"

A big bowl of fruit salad or make a salad with some home made dressing better than not eating any thing you will feel better after as well, knowing you made a healthy choice I get a kick out of that!

hope tomorrow is better! I hate them days :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Can anyone tell me what Passata is like? Could you use it as a sauce for Spag Bol or do you need to add spices to it? Haven't used it before, always use tin of tomatoes for my chickent pasta bake but saw the Passata and iffy about trying new things.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Tmeos wrote: »
    just to clarify Milano is the same as pizza express - its just different names in the uk and ireland. you can use the points in the eating out guide

Thanks Tmeos! Went and had dinner, it was fab! Got one of the ones from the low cal menu so now I know it was defo 14 points! I'd be lost without this thread guys!Ye're all brill!:)

Can anyone tell me what Passata is like? Could you use it as a sauce for Spag Bol or do you need to add spices to it? Haven't used it before, always use tin of tomatoes for my chickent pasta bake but saw the Passata and iffy about trying new things.

passata is tomatoes just that they are pureed! I think so you can use it in the same way as a tin of tomatoes!

when I make pasta sauce I saute onions and garlic with spray oil you can add other vegetables I do ! mushrooms,carrots,peppers courgettes and aubergine then I add some swartz garlic Italian seasoning then the passata or tin of tomatoes and some balsamic vinegar salt and pepper and it makes a yummy sauce

I think I have an old recepie for pasta sauce I must look for it and post it if any one wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm doing it at home, I was never at a class(my wife goes alright).
    for me it's just a case of being honest with my self and point everything

it's very doable i think

How many pp are in the lemon sole fish from Aldi DH cooked dinner and threw out the box! please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Baby75 wrote: »
    passata is tomatoes just that they are pureed! I think so you can use it in the same way as a tin of tomatoes!

when I make pasta sauce I saute onions and garlic with spray oil you can add other vegetables I do ! mushrooms,carrots,peppers courgettes and aubergine then I add some swartz garlic Italian seasoning then the passata or tin of tomatoes and some balsamic vinegar salt and pepper and it makes a yummy sauce

I think I have an old recepie for pasta sauce I must look for it and post it if any one wants it

+1 on the passata......I use it for alot of my pasta sauces cause its a bit handier than a tin of tomatoes!! and it makes a really yummy sauce it you do what Baby75 suggests above. I also add a tsp of pesto some times and the longer you leave it to stew the better it tastes I think. I often make a whole big batch of sauce on the weekends and freeze it in portions so its ready for use during the week. I often put some over a chicken breast and bake it in the oven and serve with lots of veg and a portion of pasta or rice.....makes the chicken soft and juicy!!

please post the recipe if you find it, I love pasta sauce recipes, especially the tomato based ones as they are either low in points or zero points dead handy!!!

its just plain sieved liquidised tomatoes. you would need to season it.

i use it in pasta bakes and lasagne. you can get 500ml carton in aldi for about 50c its also 0pp which is GREAT!

Baby75 wrote: »
    How many pp are in the lemon sole fish from Aldi DH cooked dinner and threw out the box! please :)

the whole box is 8pp

was there 2 or 3 fillets...the box says its 2 fillets...but lately all the boxes i've been getting have three smaller fillets in them

I'm spending ALL this week trying new things...and having GREAT results. I'm fuller for longer! not bloated, more energy and took a sneaky peak on the scales....looking good!

when your trying new dishes....always have a back up meal ready....in case you dont like what you made and have to throw it out...at least you have a pp friendly meal to fall back on...instead of reaching for take out menu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

sorry didnt mean starvation literally!!!! I just had a boiled egg!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement