Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mickeroo wrote: »
    definitely cowboys and angels. set in Limerick not dublin though ;)

Cheers SVG & Mickeroo, thats the one.

Sorry, I knew it was a big city and for some reason I though it was Dublin. :o

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

I saw this South Korean movie from around 2004 in the Kino cinema in Cork City (I miss that place). It involved a young villain that has a dark secret, he lusted for his sister. Can anyone remember the title? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Worztron wrote: »
    I saw this South Korean movie from around 2004 in the Kino cinema in Cork City (I miss that place). It involved a young villain that has a dark secret, he lusted for his sister. Can anyone remember the title? Thanks.

Seeing as that gives away a fairly major plot point, spoiler tags:
    Old Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

{{ Originally Posted by Mickeroo viewpost.gif
    It's called They Went That-a-way & That-a-way(1978)

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078384/

Thanks for that. That's it.
    It was definitely a different name though. }}

Although there is no mention of it on the IMDb this movie also goes under the title "The Undercover Caper".

http://za.ebid.net/for-sale/the-undercover-caper-richard-kiel-vhs-video-20397149.htm

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Seeing as that gives away a fairly major plot point, spoiler tags:
    Old Boy

It is not
    Old Boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Worztron wrote: »
    It is not
    Old Boy

Yes it is.

Particularly this sentence in the plot summary on Wikipedia:
    Dae-su discovers he and Woo-jin briefly attended the same high school and remembers spying on Woo-jin's incestuous relationship with his sister, Soo-ah (Yun Jin-seo). Dae-su, unaware of their familial relationship, inadvertently spread the rumor before transferring to another school in Seoul. Soo-ah's mental turmoil grew, causing physical signs of pregnancy and her eventual suicide.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Yes it is.

Sorry, you are right. I thought it was from another movie. Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

French movie. May have been late 90s or early 2000s. I saw it a few years ago. A French guy works in an office doing tedious work such as photocopying, he hates the way everyone looks down on him. He is later working in a bar. He aims to kill some gang boss in a multistory building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Hi

I saw a movie back in the eighties about two male college students. There's also a woman involved who is much older, but does all these things to make her look younger....running, make up, clothes...loads of stuff and one of the fellas starts a relationship with her after this transformation.

Turns out it's the other guy's mother.

Any ideas what this film is called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Any ideas what this film is called?

Would say it's Class:

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »

Outstanding work, Pete.....very very impressed.

Here's my other one then!

This one is about two (?) girls, one of whom is jailed for something she didn't do. The film pretty much is about her time in jail, where she gets assaulted and sexually attacked too (?).

Again eighties, possibly made for tv only and the main star is really, really like Juliette Lewis was in Cape Fear, but from looking at her filmography, not her.

Sounds like Born Innocent, but that was the 70's. Linda Blair's first flick. Think it was the first ever televised gang rape scene.

Sounds like Born Innocent

It could be, I'm really not sure!

I had a major crush on the girl in it when I was 12, but for some reason I don't think it's Linda Blair as I had seen The Exorcist by then and would have recognised her.

The girl I remember looked like a cross between Juliette Lewis in Cape Fear and Laura Dern in Mask.

Don't ask, but that's what I remember!! It's been driving me mad for years.

Come on Pete, you can do it!

It was a really hokey film, so I'd be amazed if you got it (assuming it's not Born Innocent, which it might be...I'd have to watch it first to see)

EDIT - Now that I see Born Innocent, it must be it. Thanks Pete!!! Gonna watch this tomorrow :-)

One last slightly off-topic question.......I saw a great two-part tv film called Fatal Vision in the 80s, but cannot get a copy of it for love nor money.....any ideas?

EDIT - Now that I see Born Innocent, it must be it. Thanks Pete!!! Gonna watch this tomorrow :-)

Grand, well if it's not, chance it could be Tatum O'Neal in Certain Fury your thinking of, but the prison scenes in that are quite short:

One last slightly off-topic question.......I saw a great two-part tv film called Fatal Vision in the 80s, but cannot get a copy of it for love nor money.....any ideas?

Link PM'd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

I once saw a trailer for a Spanish film about people who are involved in neofascism/neonazism in Francoist Spain. I've been trying to find it but to no avail. Has anyone heard of it? I may be slightly off with my description so if you've even heard of something similar, that would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Ok, so I watched this really crap, late-night soccer film on B.B.C. about a year ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it and it's really annoying me.

I think this film was made in the mid-to-late 1990s maybe the early 2000s and is set around a Sunday League soccer team who were once closely bonded but are now slowly starting to drift apart as they settle down with family/kids etc. and the team all resent the fact they are starting to drift apart but there is nothing much they can do about it.

The main character is that posh, dashing British actor who looks like a cross between Liam Neeson and Hugh Grant. (Sorry can't think of his name)

Anyway here are the more in depth parts of the plot:
    This dashing actor soon sees his best friend (who's black, if that helps) kissing his wife. He subsequently freaks out before he's told his best friend is gay which is a right kick up the hole for him.

Also when the team play an away game they meet a womans' volleyball team, and the dashing character rides some wan in the goalkeeper's car and then goes on one of those soul searching journeys after his terrible deed.

Also, an old man who used to manage their team and who they looked for guidance, dies. As a result and compromise, the team decide to play just one match a year held in honour of the old man and as get-together annually for the team The film ends on this note sad/joyful moment. Pretty shít I know, but it's annoying me.

Anyway, if anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated.

Even if somebody could put a name on the main actor, I would be able to get it from there.

Thanks!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

barbarians wrote: »
    Ok, so I watched this really crap, late-night soccer film on B.B.C. about a year ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it and it's really annoying me.

I think this film was made in the mid-to-late 1990s maybe the early 2000s and is set around a Sunday League soccer team who were once closely bonded but are now slowly starting to drift apart as they settle down with family/kids etc. and the team all resent the fact they are starting to drift apart but there is nothing much they can do about it.

The main character is that posh, dashing British actor who looks like a cross between Liam Neeson and Hugh Grant. (Sorry can't think of his name)

Anyway here are the more in depth parts of the plot:
    This dashing actor soon sees his best friend (who's black, if that helps) kissing his wife. He subsequently freaks out before he's told his best friend is gay which is a right kick up the hole for him.

Also when the team play an away game they meet a womans' volleyball team, and the dashing character rides some wan in the goalkeeper's car and then goes on one of those soul searching journeys after his terrible deed.

Also, an old man who used to manage their team and who they looked for guidance, dies. As a result and compromise, the team decide to play just one match a year held in honour of the old man and as get-together annually for the team The film ends on this note sad/joyful moment. Pretty shít I know, but it's annoying me.

Anyway, if anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated.

Even if somebody could put a name on the main actor, I would be able to get it from there.

Thanks!

The plots don't match up but the first actor that popped into my head was Richard E. Grant and I remember a film he was in called The Match:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165384/

I don't think thats right though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

The first actor to pop into my head was Colin Firth in Fever Pitch.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119114/

.......but that plot doesn't match up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I've definitely seen this film. Can't quite put a name on any of the actors. Standard British TV regulars

Grrr

No, that actor isn't Colin Firth or Richard E. Grant and neither of those films are the one I'm on about but ye're definitely getting close.

This is actually unbelievably annoying. I can picture this actor and all the other main actors of the film perfectly and can see the main man doing some random interview too. I can even hear his voice pitch perfect too.

Will keep plugging it at it though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No, that actor isn't Colin Firth or Richard E. Grant and neither of those films are the one I'm on about but ye're definitely getting close.

This is actually unbelievably annoying. I can picture this actor and all the other main actors of the film perfectly and can see the main man doing some random interview too. I can even hear his voice pitch perfect too.

Will keep plugging it at it though.

Don't suppose you'd be able to think of anything else any of the actors were in??

It's really annoying me now too haha, there's not that many football films I know I must have seen or at least heard of this. Even looked up lists of movies online but couldn't find anything that sounded right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

busyliving wrote: »
    Hey all I’m looking for the name of a movie that was released in 2009 or 2010:

The bits of the movie I remember are as follows

- Movie starts with these two cops taken a witness into protective custody, but she runs away by escaping from the model she was in through the bathroom window.

- The reason she runs, is because she has some involvement with an Asian mafia and she fears that the police can't protect her

- The two cops are protecting her unofficially

- But she still gets kidnapped by this mafia and the two cops try to get her back

- There is also a sub plot of illegally importing cars

This is all I remember, and it’s been wrecking my skull trying to remember the name of the movie

Cheers in advance

Bump:D

Hey all I’m looking for the name of a movie that was released in 2009 or 2010:

- Movie starts with these two cops taken a witness into protective custody, but she runs away by escaping from the model she was in through the bathroom window.

Sounds like the Gary Busey movie Soft Target, but it's a few years older that what your looking for. Here's the trailer anyway:

Sounds like the Gary Busey movie Soft Target, but it's a few years older that what your looking for. Here's the trailer anyway:

Not it mate, i remember seeing it in the cinema a few years ago

Not it mate, i remember seeing it in the cinema a few years ago

You wouldn't be mixing something up with the first Tranporter by any chance?

Yes!! That's the one Pete, thanks very much for your help.

Thanks to the other lads for their help too.

The name of the film was Things To Do Before You're 30 and the actor I was on about was Dougray Scott.

Thanks lads.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You wouldn't be mixing something up with the first Tranporter by any chance?

No mate, i definetly didn't see that one in the cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I once saw a trailer for a Spanish film about people who are involved in neofascism/neonazism in Francoist Spain. I've been trying to find it but to no avail. Has anyone heard of it? I may be slightly off with my description so if you've even heard of something similar, that would be fantastic.

Hardly Pan's Labyrinth

Or

Salo?

Although Salo is set in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Franco ruled Spain from after WW2 untill 1975. I should think that there would be many political films and satires dealing with this period in Spanish cinema.

Advertisement