Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Beer deal 24 for €24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

blueyedson wrote: »
    I was there in maynooth and mixed 3 beers no problem - Security talking nonsense

give a man an uniform and radio and they think they are the law :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cherry2300

PinkFly wrote: »
    give a man an uniform and radio and they think they are the law :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    hahahh good 1 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

podge018 wrote: »
    Despite the signs clearly only stating "24 cans for €24" they wouldn't sell me 3 X 8 500ml can boxes of Bulmers in Tesco Finglas this evening. She said "they have to be individual cans". I said there's a person buying a tray wrapped in plastic. She said you can't buy the boxes. I explained their sign only says 24 cans of 500ml Bulmers, no differentiation in what format they have to be packaged.

As the queue was building up behind me with people I knew in it I left it for now on the hope I'll get the deal again before it runs out, but if not I'll put my foot down with a manager over how they've signed this deal.

Grrrrrrr.

Its only individual cans unfortunately. Its only the cans with the promo on the SEL (yellow label).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Bulmers was the first to go in Ardkeen too.

Seen a few people try rip bulmers out of other packs and try make up 24.... but they have no barcode so they couldn't be sold....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Despite the signs clearly only stating "24 cans for €24" they wouldn't sell me 3 X 8 500ml can boxes of Bulmers in Tesco Finglas this evening. She said "they have to be individual cans". I said there's a person buying a tray wrapped in plastic. She said you can't buy the boxes. I explained their sign only says 24 cans of 500ml Bulmers, no differentiation in what format they have to be packaged.

As the queue was building up behind me with people I knew in it I left it for now on the hope I'll get the deal again before it runs out, but if not I'll put my foot down with a manager over how they've signed this deal.

Grrrrrrr.

An 8x500ml box is a completely different product. You haven't a hope. Would you get away with paying a barman for a glass of bulmers but demand a large bottle or a pitcher or keg???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

It says 24 cans for €24. It doesn't anywhere say individual cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

It specifies single cans if you look carefully...

No it doesn't, I checked it forensically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Each SEL displayed in front of each item on the offer says ' Item / Price / 24 for €24'.

The multipacks have their own barcode and must be sold using those codes.

yeah and there was boxes of Bulmers left both behind and beside the Bulmers 24 for €24 SEL. The place was in carnage.

Look I'll get the deal somewhere else it's grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

Anyone one know what stock levels are like in tesco in clarehall?
    Also, does this offer apply to tesco express stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

I can confirm it is mix and match people

6Clhf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Grrrrrrr.
    It says 24 cans for €24. It doesn't anywhere say individual cans.
    yeah and there was boxes of Bulmers left both behind and beside the Bulmers 24 for €24 SEL. The place was in carnage.

Look I'll get the deal somewhere else it's grand.
    The SEL for each product that is on special offer has been changed from a white SEL to a yellow SEL. The SEL says e.g. "Bulmers single can: €2.24. 24 for €24"

How could you think you are 'entitled' to bring three 8 packs of bulmers up to the desk and say 'here's €24 for the lot'? there is a different barcode associated with these packs and you aren't entitled to demand it. The offer is on single cans. Hence, why the slabs of 24 cans do not scan in at the checkout. Each can must be input manually, i.e. 24 x quantity of cans bought. I bought a load today and yesterday, and had to take once can out of a pack so that it was scanned.
    If you can get away with cracking open the 8 packs and end up paying €24 for the lot, fair enough, but you have no leg to stand on when you try to get several multipacks for the special offer price of the single cans.

Oh. It's most definitely a mix and match. btw

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

daedal wrote: »
    I can confirm it is mix and match people

6Clhf.jpg

Koka noodles - excellent buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I was only in Tesco on Tuesday and bought a box of 20 Heineken for €20:mad:. I still have it in the boot of the car unopened with the receipt, what are the chances that they would let me return it and stick an extra €4 to it to get 24 cans instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

dagdha wrote: »
    I was only in Tesco on Tuesday and bought a box of 20 Heineken for €20:mad:. I still have it in the boot of the car unopened with the receipt, what are the chances that they would let me return it and stick an extra €4 to it to get 24 cans instead?
    i am a strong believer in the saying

"If you don't ask, you don't get."

Give it a try. Just make sure there is some Heiniken there to buy once you get your money back. Other wise you'll be left up **** creek without some heiniken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

dagdha wrote: »

It will probably cost you 4e in petrol to get to Tesco:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Koka noodles - excellent buy.

Not so sure about the "value" chicken though :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 certifiable365

I've given up on my plan to get them online, the "limit of 6 cans" software glitch isn't getting fixed anytime soon by looks of it.

So I'm gonna get a lift to a Tesco later.

I'm thinking either Tesco Clearwater Finglas, or Tesco Omni.
    Tesco clearwater, from other posts, I'm getting impression are being pretty strict on things, and their stock going down? Would I be right?

What about Omnipark Santry? Anyone been? Can anyone tell me
    1.What stock levels are like?
    2. Can you chance it with various multipacks to make up a 24, even though not strictly allowed?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,510 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I was in Finglas last night, was no Guinness left, were running low on Heineken, was ok amounts of everything else but I would think not much will be left later today as people grab crates with their groceries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

What about Omnipark Santry? Anyone been? Can anyone tell me

Cheers

No Heino in Omni (which is what I went in for), but there seems to be a few Carling, Carlsberg, Miller (out of date in Aug '11 though) and some Bulmers Light. I overheard two staff lads complaining that they had to lift them out of the stores even though they worked in Hardware or wherever, so if they are out ask the staff is there more in the warehouse.
    Great value alright, but I hate drinking out of cans. Wish there was a similar value-busting deal for bottles..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

anyone been to tesco tramore recently,waiting on the missus to get home so i can take the car and load up on clonmel's finest!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

no bulmers original left in ennis, coonagh and kilrush! seem to have everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was in Tesco in wexford today and picked up two cases of Koppaberg strawberry and lime. Only paided 40 euro for them, as the Mother had 8 euro in tesco club card vochuers so that was Handy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

maiden wrote: »
    no bulmers original left in ennis, coonagh and kilrush! seem to have everything else!
    Guinness and Coors for me. 3 slabs for 72 euro. Which will I start first? Kudos to the op. I wouldnt have known about this otherwise. Its being kept very quiet.They said bulmers would prob be in Ennis tomorrow. I inquired.Then I said f it tis all alcohol and grabbed a slab of Coors.Cant go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Tesco ballyfermot have loads of the drink its walking out the door was in there earlier to check it out filled up my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Its being kept very quiet.

Not true, it was in every national newspaper yesterday (double page spread in some) and it's on their website.

Some deal though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I saw an ad in the paper this morning and thankfully the Bulmers Berry was still there. Lots of people leaving with slabs so it is a far way from being kept quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Got 2 slabs of Heineken in Tallaght. Loads of stock still left (everything).

Offer runs till 7/6/2011 or till stocks last.

The number of people I saw picking up these slabs, my guess - the offer will be valid till stocks lasts ;)

As of 5 minutes ago. only dutch gold and carling left in tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

No original bulmers in Maynooth

Advertisement