Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

For that 'issue' my mum really recommends Danone 'Activia' yogurts.. and she has really bad problems re that.. and they have Activia fat free ones!!

I actually have been suffering a bit of it myself.. but i was just reaching for the Senokot.. which is ok..

I think i'm gonna buy some fat free activia this weekend.. will let you know how it goes!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Okay I'm a rabid poster today so apologies & also this one is going to be a bit TMI for some!

But can I ask is it a by product of WW or a change in our diets that are causing us to ' be backed up' to steal Lainey's polite way of putting it?? I've experienced it occasionally before But never ususlly longer than a day or two but in the last wk it's been a major problem no movement since Saturday & even then it had been a prob for 3 days before that. ( I'm soooo sorry for sharing that info!) its Extremely uncomfortable & causing pain so i got Dupolex (sp??) Which Kildareash posted about a while ago & that has helped. I'm beginning to think that it's actually too much fibre that's causing the problem ??? I eat alot of veg & fruit & brown rice pasta & of course porridge :confused:

I'm getting a bit concerned & don't know if I should talk to my Dr about it I posted it here cos I know at least 4 ladies here have had similar problems. And I want to know is this an ongoing problem for ppl or a one off or what? I'm beginning to freak myself out thinking it might be more than it actually is or actually a food intolerance or allergy? :(

Again sorry for the TMI aspect of the post :o

The way I would decribe it is this.
    If you put a weetabix in the sink and walked away, then came back the following morning it would still be there. Unless you add water the fibre will remain in your system. Because most of us have upped our fruit and therefore fibre intake daily, we need to up our water consumption considerably. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

- half pound today, wee bit pissed with that as I upped my walking to 5 days from 3 and stuck to the plan, TOTM this past week so maybe that was a factor, oh well I suppose it's down anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    we're doing a bit of a 'league' thingy, starting from tomorrow, if you're interested, just have a look thru som e previuos post.

I personally find this kinda thing very motivating

the follwoing people are interested so far:

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat

GT_TDI_150
    I would really love to join the league too, i had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 3.5lbs but could have been alot better considering it was week one so determined to do better this week. A girl in my class that started last week too lost 8lbs - OMG!!

I am a little dense when it comes to boards cos i am really new to it so please bear with me.......;)

By my reading of it, i should private message you before tomoro night at 12 my current weight and then the same time every week how much i have lost/gained??

Do you need to know other stats like height etc??

Sorry for all the Q's, thanks for your help!!! I think this could be just the kick up the behind i need!!!

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

kildareash wrote: »
    Good luck with the "league thingy". I'm in two minds whether to join or not. I think I'm uncomfortable with the league references, even tho I know it's not a competition. But I think personally, if I seen my name at the bottom of the table, it might just demotivate me even more.
    Maybe I'll get the health stuff sorted first, and if it's ok I might join in with the rest of ye in a few weeks.
    Good luck with it tho, and fair play to you for taking it on :pac:

Kildareash, I feel the same way. I know for some people leagues like that can be motivating and a great help, but I know they are super bad for me. I know I'd start comparing myself to others too much, which would make me feel bad about myself, which would make me eat junk to comfort myself, which would totally defeat the purpose of WW.

Kay 80, I had a similar problem for a few days, probably because of the fibre, and I found drinking more water helped.

Does anyone else find it difficult to stay off the scales at home?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Caros wrote: »
    - half pound today, wee bit pissed with that as I upped my walking to 5 days from 3 and stuck to the plan, TOTM this past week so maybe that was a factor, oh well I suppose it's down anyway.

Keep it up and it will show next week, I always find on weeks when I have been really good, it doesn't show on the scales but the next week I will be shocked with a bigger loss than normal. Well I hope that happens for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Thanks Amira I'm lactose intolerant & one of my worst triggers is any kind of yogurt otherwise I'd be already on that train! But do let ne know bow you get on :)

Fiona S - good analogy! ;) I'm drinking about 2-2.5 ltrs of pure water a day as well as about 4 large mugs of peppermint tea but maybe that is not enough especially with all the exercise?? I'll up the water uptake as well maybe I need to be more mindful of my liquid I take! :)

Thanks for the replies ladies ;)

Caros wrote: »

Idsay TOTM is deffo a factor & I find when I up my exercise it usually doesn't show till nxt week :) a half pound is still great though grab a half pound of butter in the supermarket, it's not that light! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emskelly

what do people think?

I'd like to take part! Although I'm away this weekend which can only spell disaster!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

[QUOTE=
    Does anyone else find it difficult to stay off the scales at home?[/QUOTE]

Yes extremely difficult, its so annoying and I really don't think its doing me any good at all, it determines my mood a bit for the day too, always saying i'm gonna chuck it out but it never happens :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

lil kc wrote: »
    Yes extremely difficult, its so annoying and I really don't think its doing me any good at all, it determines my mood a bit for the day too, always saying i'm gonna chuck it out but it never happens :rolleyes:

It really isn't good to weigh too often. My advice would be to remove your scales from view. Even stick it up in the attic until you've finished your WW journey. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

was down half a pound today so 2 pounds UNDER mt goal weight and am delighted as i'm on maintanence:D oh and i recieved my GOLD card after 4 weeks maintaining,,i'm so excited,, so no more wi's now till sometime in June.On the' blocked pipe works':rolleyes:subject, the lady in shop told me to get vitamin C in powder form and take a teaspoon of it in water!!!

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know the pp values for any of the M&S's fuller for longer range?

I have exams coming up, so will be short on time some evenings, so I thinking of getting a couple of ready meals in, so that I am not tempted to eat something even worse.

Would the Fuller For Longer range be the best idea points-wise? I tried one or two ww meals before and found I was hungry shortly afterwards, so was hoping the F-F-Longer range might be better?

I agree with what Kay and ibarelycare said about the count on us range, there's some lovely stuff. I had the smoky cajan chicken jambalaya from there yesterday and it was absolutely delish, so much more in it than the ww meals, really filling and only 9 pp! I had it on its own which filled me but you could defo put a bit of salad with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Okay I'm a rabid poster today so apologies & also this one is going to be a bit TMI for some!

But can I ask is it a by product of WW or a change in our diets that are causing us to ' be backed up' to steal Lainey's polite way of putting it?? I've experienced it occasionally before But never ususlly longer than a day or two but in the last wk it's been a major problem no movement since Saturday & even then it had been a prob for 3 days before that. ( I'm soooo sorry for sharing that info!) its Extremely uncomfortable & causing pain so i got Dupolex (sp??) Which Kildareash posted about a while ago & that has helped. I'm beginning to think that it's actually too much fibre that's causing the problem ??? I eat alot of veg & fruit & brown rice pasta & of course porridge :confused:

I'm getting a bit concerned & don't know if I should talk to my Dr about it I posted it here cos I know at least 4 ladies here have had similar problems. And I want to know is this an ongoing problem for ppl or a one off or what? I'm beginning to freak myself out thinking it might be more than it actually is or actually a food intolerance or allergy? :(

Again sorry for the TMI aspect of the post :o

Hi Kay_80, i was exactly the same as you at the wkend, maybe not as long tho, its not nice at all!! Usuallly drinking loads of water helps me, but not last week, took some senokot, wasnt working for me then took 2 more! Not Recommended, it was awful, had really bad cramps and sweats and felt awful. Did help but its not worth it, feeling that horrible.:o
    Too much fruit, veg and fibre can do it too, i think sometimes when on WW we can be too good aswell, if ya get me. And aswell if you drink loads of water and then stop it can affect your system, so i try to drink 2ltrs every day, its hard on my days off and the wkend tho, easier at work when its on my desk! anyway, just to let you know you are not alone in this, and dont get worried, it happens to us all. Also if you havin porriage every morning, maybe change it up a bit, maybe some brown bread and a banana??? Sometimes i think porriage every day can "bung u up" so to speak! Apologies for the TMI!!! Hope you are feeling better anyway.;)

Re the lack of "movement", Ya I've had that a bit too, usually regular as clockwork, oh jesus TMI!!!! :D but this past week - no!

Have been having at least a litre and half of plain water, a can of diet coke and about 4 or 5 mugs of tea daily, but that would more or less have been my regular intake before WW anyway. Do ye think should I up that now that I've lots more fruit/fibre in my diet??? Christsake, last night I even ate an apple - unheard of for me, but do you know it wasn't that bad! (Desperate measures in desperate times and all that!!! :rolleyes:)

Thanks for the words of encouragement girls, going to stay focussed for the week and sur hopefully it will show results.

kty wrote: »
    we can be too good aswell, if ya get me. And aswell if you drink loads of water and then stop it can affect your system, so i try to drink 2ltrs every day, its hard on my days off and the wkend tho, easier at work when its on my desk!

I'm the same with the water when I'm working it's so much easier to get it in, and on my days off and weekends I'm a bit lax and more inclined to go for a cup of tea instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

2fat wrote: »
    First weigh in = -2.5

Im happy with that considering i cheated twice so i figure if i stop messin about and stick to it , then the loses will be greater and the benefits:D

Woooo! Well done you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

http://www.csgnetwork.com/humanh2owater.html

Hey All,

I found this calculator on line a few days ago. You can enter in your details and it tells you how much water you should be drinking! Not sure how accurate it is but some of ye might like a go anyway.... :D

Micki wrote: »

About 2.8 litres water for me which is half my intake currently if I take out tea and can of diet coke. Probably about right if they can be left in.

I'm having such trouble trying not to pig out right now! Finally got offered a full time job after a year of looking and all I want to do to celebrate is eat pizza or have a hot chicken roll! How ridiculous is that?! I thought I was over all the rewarding yourself with food stuff but obviously not! Just had fruit and a choc mousse but it hasn't done the trick! I can't even allow myself some of my weeklies because I'm away the weekend and there will be tonnes of drink and food consume I'm sure! Grrr I just need to try and keep myself busy for the next few hours! Go pack or something!

• Advertisement

emskelly wrote: »
    I'm having such trouble trying not to pig out right now! Finally got offered a full time job after a year of looking and all I want to do to celebrate is eat pizza or have a hot chicken roll! How ridiculous is that?! I thought I was over all the rewarding yourself with food stuff but obviously not! Just had fruit and a choc mousse but it hasn't done the trick! I can't even allow myself some of my weeklies because I'm away the weekend and there will be tonnes of drink and food consume I'm sure! Grrr I just need to try and keep myself busy for the next few hours! Go pack or something!

Congrats on the job!! Go and paint your nails or something!!! Enjoy the weekend away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Hi ;) I wouldn't say any ready meals are great BUT when you're under exam stress & in need of a quick dinner & as long as it's an odd time I'd say they'll be okay. I've had some of this range & I personally find it better than the M&S count on us range - I find all the WW ready meals bleugh! I've not pointed the full range but what I have had from the 'stay fuller gor longer range which is tasty & filling is...

Steak, mushroom & mash pie 11pp - really big tasty portion & if bulked out with lots of green veg is really tasty & filling

Thai green chicken curry with rice & veg 10pp

Thai massaman Chicken curry with rice 12pp

Thai Red chicken curry with rice 13pp

To be honest I'd only go for the pie or the Thai green curry again best value pp wise & very tasy too. I get the curry rather than making my own which I love because even my own recipe tweaked is way to high in pp & if I had a massive pan of it, it would be so easy to Pick!

I'm not sure if you like fish? But alot of the M&S lightly dusted fish (cod, haddock etc) is 4-5pp per piece & you can freeze & cook from frozen for 18mins in oven & is a handy standby dinner with salad or spuds & veg Just make sure it's lightly dusted not battered! The seeded dusted ones are nice too & are usually 1 pp more.

also there are lovely Thai fish cakes in one of the ranges (can't for the life of me remember the name of it though?? Finest or something??) whole range is in White boxes with either red, green or a blue coloured box with the txt of the name in it at the front) The range has lamb, chicken, beef, fish & veggie options.

Anyway half of the pack of Thai fish cakes is 6pp which is one fish cake & half a pack of delish soy, honey chilli glaze & with some M&S medium nest noodles (2 pp make sure medium though fine ones are way higher!) & lots of free stirfried veg is a tasty filling dinner for 8-9 pp ( I allow 1pp for oil to fry fish cake & stir fry veg)

Anyway hope that helps? & best of luck with the study & exams! :)

Thanks a million for all that info!

I'm going to pick a couple up over the next few days.
    I need to cram like mad for some of the exams, so having something really quick and convenient will be a life saver.

Thanks again!

I love the haddock mornay from the fuller for longer range actually, so I'm guessing that is low enough in points too, being fish and veg. The cheese sauce is probably the highest points in that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Oh, and I'd love to take part in the league too!

I've lost 6.5 lbs in two weeks so I am delighted :) The league will be a great motivator to keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

izzy24 wrote: »
    Decided to have a look on littlewoods cause im looking for a swimsuit dress for holidays hoping it be more flattering than swimsuit and i couldn believe the amount of stuff in large sizes they have really suprised and i didnot look in the size16+ section just looked in womens ware section (most stuff is up to size 24 if bigger than that go to size 16+ section:D) and its so much cheaper than simplybe or oxendales:D...

Check out

http://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/

they deliver to Ireland and have some great bargains!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

lil kc wrote: »
    I think its a really good idea, I would love to do it but am nearly at goal and its taking me WEEKS to get there so I would STS every week. Fair play to you though taking it on, I'd crack keeping track of everyone elses progress :)
    I let the spreadsheet do the tracking for me;)
    boxoff wrote: »
    Can you count me in on that aswell? Thanks- will PM my details later J :)
    No need to PM me yet, I'll be starting with next weeks weights, i.e. between saturday 14/05 and midnight fri 20/05
    kildareash wrote: »
    Good luck with the "league thingy". I'm in two minds whether to join or not. I think I'm uncomfortable with the league references, even tho I know it's not a competition. But I think personally, if I seen my name at the bottom of the table, it might just demotivate me even more.
    Maybe I'll get the health stuff sorted first, and if it's ok I might join in with the rest of ye in a few weeks.
    Good luck with it tho, and fair play to you for taking it on :pac:
    I'm calling it a league but wont run as a league, I'll probably highlight the best % each week, and might rank people as per how long htey are in the league, but I dont think I'll rank it by % lost.
    GT_TDI_150
    I would really love to join the league too, i had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 3.5lbs but could have been alot better considering it was week one so determined to do better this week. A girl in my class that started last week too lost 8lbs - OMG!!

I am a little dense when it comes to boards cos i am really new to it so please bear with me.......;)

By my reading of it, i should private message you before tomoro night at 12 my current weight and then the same time every week how much i have lost/gained??

Do you need to know other stats like height etc??

Sorry for all the Q's, thanks for your help!!! I think this could be just the kick up the behind i need!!!

No need to PM me yet, I'll be starting with next weeks weights, i.e. between saturday 14/05 and midnight fri 20/05 -- all i need is your weight each week

Just so everyone is clear;)

I'll use next weeks weights as starting weights(between saturday 14/05 and midnight fri 20/05) all I need is your weight each week

Micki wrote: »
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/humanh2owater.html

Hey All,

I found this calculator on line a few days ago. You can enter in your details and it tells you how much water you should be drinking! Not sure how accurate it is but some of ye might like a go anyway.... :D

Thanks for that :) looks like I need 3.2 ltrs per day so going to up my 2.5 to 3.2! Good to have a realistic measurement of this!

Everyone thanks a mill for all the posts on movements or lack thereof! It's good to know I'm not alone so to speak, my overactive imagination can calm down now!!

Kty I think you're right on the porridge I had cereal this morning instead I was blaming that too! I think I'm going to have that on alternate mornings now & maybe sprinkle some linseed on top. I have never been this way or as bad before ever & I guess when you feel uncomfortable & have physical pain you can't help getting stressed out & worrying which makes it worse!

I think Fiona had it spot on earlier & based on the link posted above on water consumption I'm about 3/4's of a litre under roughly per day! I'm just going to have to be religious about drinking it even at weekends which like most of ye is probably when I'm not as good at drinking so much as I am at work during the week.

Thanks a mill all for understanding & reassuring me I really appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'll use next weeks weights as starting weights(between saturday 14/05 and midnight fri 20/05) all I need is your weight each week

Would it not be better if we PM'd you this week with our weight, and then from next week we PM you with our losses? It means it would all get kicked off a week quicker! (Sorry I'm not trying to take over or anything, just a suggestion!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm studying animal care at the moment, and doing animal management next year. I know all too well about the ethics and lack there of with some breeders.

I was iffy about using done deal, but that ad looked genuine. and i've already spoken to the breeder, he's on holidays...but still emailed me back. some ppl are selling at crazy low prices...to good to be true kinda thing. or if the pic has like 15 puppies all "from the same litter" there prob like 3 litters thrown together (puppy farm) I've worked with ex puppy farm bitches in rescue shelters....heart breaking! I also wanna use the puppy/dog as a showcase to promote old irish breeds...so ppl arent going out looking for designer breeds....thus creating the demand for them for puppy farmers.

I've always had a soft spot for gingers....an irish setter fits LOL.

I figure having a new dog to show off will get me out of the house :) meeting ppl, going to shows, walking the dog, charity dog walks....keep me away from the fridge :P LMAO

Last exam tomorrow.....oh god i cant wait to sleep in all weekend! and guzzel water and bran muffins for the weekend....get rid of the bloating and dark circles! my brain is about to explode....i cant actually tell if i know the stuff or not!

Im so glad I got to meet the owners and mother of our pup when we got her, only thing was she was meant to be a he :D they gave us the wrong pup or they didnt know thier bitch from the male oh well she is lovely all the same. oh and my pet hate is people crossing one dog which would be a mongurel but they are charging 400 euro per pup :( just has a bad feeling about it.

2fat wrote: »
    weigh in today , oh god i hope its good

Seen your weight loss well done :) thats fab great start!
    izzy24 wrote: »
    anyone have a pp recipe for quiche??
    I made one during the week I will work out the points and put up the recipe later for you

Oh what a monring think Im going to hide out on a thursday from now on LOL had WI this morning and was up 1 pound I expected it as the extra 14 pp they gave me for feeding the baby is just way to much for me! It's more than Im used to eating before ww, also when I was pregnant I had GD and on insulin so my diet was very strict! I ate very little and lost a lot of weight so the PP I have now gives me a hell of a lot more to eat! I have to show her my tracker next week so we can double check what up! good to sort it out now!

I have just enjoyed a nice chunk of chocolate biscuit cake yummy but so bold but sooo deservesd it, had an awful morning and I mean awful but will be tracking it and staying on track for rest of the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

well started the week aiming to loose 3lbs and ended a half pound up. it was an unexpectedly difficult week, with little excercise and no tracking. but new week starts today and getting back on the horse! just hope i haven't done too much damage that could eat into next weeks results. will have to be extra good this week to get back on track.

count me in for the league. i'll ping my results next thurs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement