Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hi Lainy,

You have been an inspiration to us all and some of your receipies are lovely esp the Banana mufins..I hope life gets better for you and i am glad to see you are now dealing with the positives...negative **** can be soul destroying I know I been there and eat my way through it...

If your friend wants to go to Mc donalds why not join her and have the grilled chicken and mayo wrap for 9 pp a bottle of water or diet coke O pp and the side salad if also 0pp the low fat balsamic is 1pp and the low fat ceaser is 2pp and if you want a treat the cone with the 99 flake is 6 pp...
    Just avoid the wraps with the crispy chicken as the are 14/15 pp don't have my sheet with me......I took the nutritional sheet from there a few weeks back as the kids love it.the fries are 6/9/13 pp depending on size and 6 nuggets are 7pp.....

Enjoy your meals out with the planning you are doing you will be prepared...

Like you I have also lost 36lbs I need to lose 99lbs its a long struggle but you are doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Yet another .5lb loss for me with todays weigh in.
    A little disappointed, but I keep telling myself that a loss is a loss. (And I did have a cheeky chinese on friday, so can't REALLY complain ;) )

14.8lbs to go to get to goal, but really I think I will be happy with 7.8 as I'm only 10st 0.8lbs now (I'm a mere 5'4" before anyone jumps down my throat! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Hi everyone, I fell off the wagon a little yesterday and this morning I was beating myself up about it and then I come on here read through all the posts and I am back in business. Thank you for the Monday motivation..you guys are super. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

hi :) i made fairy cakes this morning. smell is yummy but didnt have any. kids eating them though he he. could anyone tell me how many pp in them? i used:-

175g self raising flour
    125g caster sugar (just thought now I should have used canderel :()
    125g low low butter
    2 eggs

that made 12 buns. anyone tell me how many pp per bun? thanks a mill :)

also we had a bbq yesterday and it was yummy. managed to stick to my dailies too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

jackmax wrote: »
    hi :) i made fairy cakes this morning. smell is yummy but didnt have any. kids eating them though he he. could anyone tell me how many pp in them? i used:-

175g self raising flour
    125g caster sugar (just thought now I should have used canderel :()
    125g low low butter
    2 eggs

that made 12 buns. anyone tell me how many pp per bun? thanks a mill :)

also we had a bbq yesterday and it was yummy. managed to stick to my dailies too :D

4pp per bun,

someone was saying before about splitting sugar with splenda/sweetener.
    if you go 90g cator sugar + 30g canderal it'll be 3pp per bun

I've actually been looking for a low pp fairy cake recipe :D....so thank ya :D

• Advertisement

thanks a million Lainy :D I am so going to have one :D the smell of them in wafting through the house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Does anybody know how many points are in a batter haddock and chips from chipper. The sign said they had a total of 1000 calories but when I checked the propoints book they have it worked out as 30pp. Would this be correct or should I add more. Its my first week doing it so want a good weight loss this week

I've actually been looking for a low pp fairy cake recipe :D....so thank ya :D

Lainy meant to say that i used 2 tablespoons of water with this recipe too. just forgot to add that to the ingredients. they are sooooooooooo yummy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Ohhhhh where to start! What a disaster of a weekend, eating and drink wise, had wedding friday, was doing fine until the sandwiches / sausages cam around!:rolleyes: then down to the OH mum's place for the weekend, thank god im off all cakes, crisps, buns, choc etc for lent, or i wud have rolled outta the place! Made my mind up last nite that i wasnt going to bother going to WI this week, but think now that im going to bite the bullet and go! So bloated and feel manky today, no appetite either, just feel like eating fruit and maybe some soup. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi All,
    I'm just catching up with this thread now as I didn't get a chance to log on over the weekend - phew!!!

Lainy - I just wanted to add my praise for you to the previous comments.
    You are always such a positive inspiration on here and so generous in your time (and recipes :D!!) so I am happy for you that you have real friends - God know we need them - and wish you the very best in your WW journey.
    I'm going to make your banana muffins this evening!

I had an okay weekend. Saved all my weeklies for a 1 year old's birthday party on Saturday, followed by dinner out on Saturday evening. The party was okay - I didn't go overboard - a mini quiche, a mini spring roll, 2 mini-sausage rolls and a slice of birthday cake.
    But dinner out was a huge disappointment. I was well behaved (to a point) but it was horrible. Don't you just hate when you save your weeklies for a good meal out and it ends up being horrible!! :mad:
    I was so annoyed I didn't even track my points for the rest of the weekend so I have no idea what I ate!
    Anyway, I'm back on track today and hoping for a good result tomorrow.
    Can't wait to get to a 16 so I can shop in "normal" shops.

I can so relate to this. I have FINALLY dropped from a size 20/22 to a size 16 and went shopping last week. It was so amazing to go into a boutique and find something that fits me.

On one last note, my boss (male, in his 50s) told me today that I look very well. I almost fell off the chair with embarassment. It was totally cringeworthy, but made me very happy too! :)
    Good luck everyone - here's hoping for a good week for us all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well I had a spectacular triple somersault off the wagon last Thursday when a friend I hadn't seen in years came to stay. I feel like I have regained the 13lbs I lost! On Thursday I had pints and then pizza, Friday I had a fry in the local cafe and then pints and chinese. Saturday I had a fry in the local cafe and then dinner in the Porterhouse followed by more pints. Then on Sunday I had lasagne in the local cafe, slept on the couch for 3 hours, then had a chipper.

I have to say that while I did enjoy it at the time, I feel like absolute shíte now. My friend is gone travelling down south for the week and will be back next Saturday so I'm planning to be super good and track absolutely everything to try and get things back on track. Unsure about going to WI tomorrow night. I was 1lb away from my first stone and I kind of feel like I want to regain a bit of control over things this week.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Well I had a spectacular triple somersault off the wagon last Thursday when a friend I hadn't seen in years came to stay. I feel like I have regained the 13lbs I lost! On Thursday I had pints and then pizza, Friday I had a fry in the local cafe and then pints and chinese. Saturday I had a fry in the local cafe and then dinner in the Porterhouse followed by more pints. Then on Sunday I had lasagne in the local cafe, slept on the couch for 3 hours, then had a chipper.

I have to say that while I did enjoy it at the time, I feel like absolute shíte now. My friend is gone travelling down south for the week and will be back next Saturday so I'm planning to be super good and track absolutely everything to try and get things back on track. Unsure about going to WI tomorrow night. I was 1lb away from my first stone and I kind of feel like I want to regain a bit of control over things this week.

you know what at least we can joke about these things....does sound like a fantastic sinful weekend tho :P At least you enjoyed...like someone mentioned above....nothing worse than having a splurge and not actually enjoying it!

Dont skip your meeting, we've all fallen into that trap and regretted it SO much....anything you have put on will fall off faster if you face the music, craic a joke and move foward, and seeing a little gain on the scales can be learning tool to think back on next time.

kinda like....right you know what....last time i had this kinda weekend i was up Xlbs....this time i'll go for the salad with the steak, this time we'll have DIY chinese at home, this time i'll make laylas wedges instead of going to chipper :P

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I'm going to make your banana muffins this evening!

I have about 2 dozen of the muffins in the fridge at the moment, lol study munchies for the week. The kitchen was still wafting of bananas this morning...yummy.

Right.....back to the study! Oi....going to be a long few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

After only being down 4lbs in 4 weeks and thinking I had a really good week last week, I've tried to be even better this week and I've succeeded...up until today. Now it wasn't TOO bad. I was out last night and wasn't overly hungover today but for some reason still had the hangover munchies. I had wholemeal toast and some mango for breakfast but my stomach was still rumbling violently a couple of hours later! I had a pack of Snack-a-Jacks and I tried to leave it as late as possible to have lunch/dinner so had it at about 4 o'clock. Had a large portion of chicken arabbiata (made with wholemeal pasta thinking it would keep me fuller!) and I was still picking at the leftover for the next half hour until I just threw the lot in the bin to stop me! Then I had two mint kit-kats within 20 minutes of each other. Then I promised myself that was it for the day but I had to go and get petrol and ended up buying a Lion Bar and a pack of S&V Hunky Dorys! Why I couldn't have at least gone for a better choice I don't know! Stopped tracking after the first kit-kat :o

I know it could have been worse, I still had about 5 weeklies left but I probably used them plus my dailies plus more and knowing my luck it will show on the scales on Tuesday :( I was really hoping for a good weight loss this week (2lbs would be fantastic) but I hope I haven't blown it!

Do the Scarsdale Medical Diet for two days - (ok, it is a bit late for today) it will be mainly water that you will lose but 2-3lbs a DAY is normal.

Chinafoot wrote: »

Chinafoot this made me laugh out loud..I know that's not probably what you were trying to do but fair play to you for writing it up there in black and white. I would prob have just blocked it out!! Sometimes it can be the following week before you see anything so go to your meeting and back on track from to-day and you'll be fine. 13lbs is brilliant and despite all the food I doubt it was enough to put all that back on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

annascott wrote: »
    Do the Scarsdale Medical Diet for two days - (ok, it is a bit late for today) it will be mainly water that you will lose but 2-3lbs a DAY is normal.

Never heard of that diet and just had a look at it...not a chance! I'd rather have a bad week on the scales than be miserable just eating what's on that plan!

Does anyone know how many propoints you earn in walking briskly? thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

brightstar wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many propoints you earn in walking briskly? thanks a mill

It depends on how much you weigh, the intensity level (varies for everyone, some people might be fine after 30 minutes brisk walking, that could be other people's limit) and how long you walk for.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Folks, I dunno what it is about weekends but I couldn't stop eating!!

We had a BBQ yesterday and I know it's the healthiest way to eat meat but I had about 4 sausages, each of them in bread rolls, and although I was full when it got to the evening time and watching a dvd, I had to have some popcorn and a few sweets ... and a bottle of beer.
    Help!

Super good all week again, only to undo it at the weekend!

:confused:

If any of you like yogurts the diet tropical range from irish yogurts are amazing...the pineapple and coconut is my favourite and the best bit..only 1pp...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nobunnyatall

been 3 months since ive gone to a meeting but the time has come to back see the thing is hate the new propoints system is everyone following it now or can i just stick to the good old fashioned points one??

been 3 months since ive gone to a meeting but the time has come to back see the thing is hate the new propoints system is everyone following it now or can i just stick to the good old fashioned points one??

what exactly dont you like about it? Maybe talk to your leader about pro points Vs old points. Its what ever your more comfortable with, but meetings might feel a bit alien as you'll be doing the old points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh dont i know it....4euro kopperberg last thursday night when i went out...couldn't resist...

Where I was there's this thing called the wheel of death, where every half an hour a certain drink is €2. Kopparberg came up about 3 times. It did not end well.

Does anybody know how many points are in pork chops? My mum bought some for dinner and I seem to have misplaced my purple books.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Where I was there's this thing called the wheel of death, where every half an hour a certain drink is €2. Kopparberg came up about 3 times. It did not end well.

Does anybody know how many points are in pork chops? My mum bought some for dinner and I seem to have misplaced my purple books.

are they boned?

LEAN pork seems to work out roughly 5pp per 100g

Apple sauce is 0pp for 1 tablespoons (20g)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    are they boned?

Nope, they're pork loin chops btw.

Nope, they're pork loin chops btw.

1 medium pork loin chop, RAW (150g) is 7pp

Thanks a million :)

Thanks a million :)

trim off as much of the kinda fat and crackling! that stuff is 4pp per 30g (on top for the 7pp for the actual meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

some great stories and good to see people being honest about what they ate

no point lying , just lying to yourself and at least you can get some positivity from people on here

anybody weighed in today for their first official weigh in for the ww league table ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Hi All,
    I've been lurking around here for quite some time now so thought it was about time I posted and participate rather than just depending on you all for motivation!!

I've LOADS to lose - 6 stone! EEK!! (and thats only my goal - they never said in WW and I think I'm best not knowing) I have been completely ignorning that little number and working for silver 7's BUT I keep falling off the wagon. With every lapse I dont go to class cos I just cant cope with seeing a gain.
    I started at the beginning of Feb and so far I've lost 13lbs and I'm completely fine with that although I know it's not really a lot. The day I rejoined there was a poster up in the class with a comment something like ...

"Just 1 pound per week and you'll be 3 stones lighter this time next year" (their words were punchier)
    Something about this comment just clicked with me and I thought 1 pound a week is very achievable **ahem**. So I'm plodding along, sometimes STS, sometimes down 2, etc. Some weeks I'm disappointed it's only STS or 1 lb but then I just think about that three stone in a year and I'm ok again. I've plotted a graph of the year showing the downward planned trend of 1 pound per week and also the actual loss and so far it's helping keep me focused as I can see a visual that I'm still on track plus I've mini goals built into it.
    I missed the last three classes so I'm going on Wednesday and there had better be a 3 pound loss. I wasn't great the first two weeks ,but not Terrible either, and for the past week I've been doing great, staying under my daily allowance counting the APP gained doing at least an hour in the gym 5 days out of the last 7 (v. proud of myself). I ate & drank half my weeklies yesterday at a family BBQ but did go for a 5k walk to try counteract it and am not touchng the rest of them.

I'm off on hols on Thursday week and between this weeks WI and next weeks one I am determined to have 5 (realistic) to 7 (blindly optimistic) pounds off.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me motivated on this thread - it's way better than meetings! I swapped meetings after a few short weeks as there was something seriously self righteous about my last leader and I just wanted to throw something at her so now I've a lovely leader who is happy to take a minute for you at the scales but as I go during my lunch break I've no time to stay after the WI.

BTW iWatcher is the best thing since sliced low fat, low calorie, full taste, invisible bread! Never managed to track successfully before I had it and now every single thing I eat goes straight into it. If you are a techie person and have access it's worth every one of those 79 cents in gold.

Sorry for the long post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement