Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone no for vehicle tow-away/clampers?

• 06-04-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a number for the City Clampers/Vehicle removal service?

We're completely blocked in at our housing estate ... again ... due to match parking and people blocking the entrance on double yellow lines, etc. Phoned the Gards three times in the last hour, and they haven't bothered to do anything - even when we told them (We - being the residents here, not just me) that the cars in our estate are out of tax! Not to mention the a**hole who just threatened to punch me because I had the audacity to ask him to drive his car off the grass on our green that my eldery neighbour looks after and plants flowers on that he's now wrecked.

We don't want to go getting Apcoa or the like, as they're about as nasty as clampers get, but this is getting beyond a joke. City Council website turns up nothing.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

We rang them twice.

There was a Traffic Corps bike guy going up and down in front of Cork Con but he wasn't doing anything obvious. There was one moron who parked full onto out footpaths and then the usual crew who think the greens are for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

This is the crap we'd to put up with below, and nearly every car in the photos was out of tax too. If you so much as tried to nose your car out with all these cars and zero visibility onto Temple Hill, you'd cause a serious accident with the speed cars come down the hill.

Completely annoyed with the Gards for doing nothing, and going into Anglesea Street in the morning to lodge a formal complaint.

154371.jpg

154372.jpg

154373.jpg

154374.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Put up a few signs and buy a few clamps and stick them on, start your own private clamping co and make a few quid off them. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

BAN sports and force any one who wants to build a new one to build in adequate, like a five thousand space car park.

Get it retrospective.

A hotel complex, conference and concert project was turned down in the Coal Quay because the developers included only 300 car park spaces for a 5,000 seater venue.

All sports clubs, theatres, churches should all have to build car parks, giant five story ones.

Pairc Uí Chaoimh will redevelop to handle a capacity of 50000 people, when they never got anywhere near that sort of demand even at the annual muckball tournaments, with no parking plan of action whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

They should offer park and ride or something when there are big games on. I mean there could just as easily also be a removal and a Pairc ui Rinn or Cork Con match on as well. There is not enough parking in that area.

It amazes me how little the guards or the corpo care about match parking. Theres a fine revenue stream from illegally parked cars but the boys in blue turn a blind eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

parsi wrote: »
    It amazes me how little the guards or the corpo care about match parking. Theres a fine revenue stream from illegally parked cars but the boys in blue turn a blind eye.

To be fair I saw them remove a car from the double yellows outside Cork Con a couple of weeks ago and I've seen tickets given to cars on the yellows near the Key too.

Just on one pint here, what boys in blue? An AGS is in several divisions and part of the reason we 'apparently' see 'blind eyes' is the remit of the division.

Public Order, Traffic, RSU and they all haver their different roles and responsibilities.

And you're point is ?

• Advertisement

And you're point is ?

The boys in blue. They have different roles and will NOT cross over, unless **specifically** ordered to, which is unlikely for what essentially is a minor traffic infringement in this post.

You can't say the boys in blue anymore, as the beat cop won't **ordinarily** issue a parking ticket, that is the remit of traffic.

I thought you'd posted that you had given up trolling ?

I thought you'd posted that you had given up trolling ?

The reference to the Boys In Blue is in error. We have three public forces working currently, they all have different roles and they pretty much stick to those roles.

The comment was how they "The Boys In Blue" were NOT doing their job. It's exasperating how everything has to be spelt out in BIG Letters for so many.

If anyone wants to come to Ballinlough Primary School this evening I'll draw it our on the blackboard.

Well, I've lodged a formal complaint this morning. 3 phone calls, one even reminding the Garda Station that I was threatened, and still no response. Will be interesting to see what the Superintendent says.

Good for you.

We've had so many conversations about this with the boys in blue and have found that it's almost as if it's not considered to be their job to maintain the traffic laws unless it's a designated match in which case they come out in force.

It's very frustrating seeing cars churning up the greens that you maintain.

It's very frustrating seeing cars churning up the greens that you maintain.

BTW, on the subject of maintaining road side greens, I also assume you, if you do this work have the required training, certificates, licence and permission from the City Council? As well as third party insurance for when you are working.

But this is going OT I suppose, anyway I'll stay tuned for further developments.

You are going completely off topic.

one even reminding the Garda Station that I was threatened.

Those rugby lads would be all talk, especially the Con chaps, I bet he couldn't drop a hard sh1t :pac:. Threatening folk is a disgrace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

RoverJames wrote: »
    Those rugby lads would be all talk, especially the Con chaps, I bet he couldn't drop a hard sh1t :pac:. Threatening folk is a disgrace though.

It was the Cork-Kerry under 21 game in Pairc Ui Rinn, nothing to do with Con fella.

@ PaintDoctor, maybe sticking out a few traffic cones on the morning of the games would help a bit?? The nice yellow Garda ones work well if you can get your hands on em.

Not the worst idea! I got a response from the Garda, basically an apologetic email, saying they'll look into it. I wrote back saying that if it were any other event, such as a concert in the Marquee, they'd have no problem ticketing offenders, and GAA shouldn't be any different. Haven't heard anything since, but if this crap happens again and the Gards do nothing, I'll go all Neil Prendeville on their ass :D

If someone parks on a double yellow line, footpath, or causes a dangerous obstruction no matter what the occassion, the Gards should do their job!

• Advertisement

SomeFool wrote: »
    It was the Cork-Kerry under 21 game in Pairc Ui Rinn, nothing to do with Con fella.

Well unless he had 14 team mates and the referee at close proximity no GAA head would be serious either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Pairc Uí Chaoimh will redevelop to handle a capacity of 50000 people, when they never got anywhere near that sort of demand even at the annual muckball tournaments, with no parking plan of action whatsoever.

I think the parking etc. is very poor form and the gardai's response is typical,do whats easiest for themselves.
    Must say though as long as drivers get away with something they will continue to do the same, so why not video a few if these mugs the next time include pictures of the car occupants leaving their vehicules, if possible ask them would they park similarly at home
    I would suggest getting onto the gaa for a full face helmet before you begin
    but perhaps the video and that w4nker on the radio may help

p.s. I do find your own quote a bit childish.

Which quote?

[EDIT] If you mean the one you quote above, I don't really see what's childish in it. But maybe that's just me.

soundsham wrote: »
    I would suggest getting onto the gaa for a full face helmet before you begin

Why would you suggest that?

Update on this, and what an update. I'm sitting here seriously impressed.

Had a visit from a Garda to the house, who explained to me that basically they don't put tickets on cars anymore - they're issued electronically, with fines being posted out. That's a new one on me, and makes me feel like a complete ass as some tickets could well have been issued without my knowing about it.

The guy was very friendly, apologetic, and said that in future they'd liase with the GAA. Can't believe they took this so seriously, and I'm genuinely kinda embarassed about the whole thing. But maybe in future things will be more free flowing around here.

Thanks Gards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Don't be embarrassed. Good on ya!

On the subject of electronic ticketing, ANPR software can scan on the move and it's only a small step to issue the ticket too.

Traffic wardens also have scanners and can simply walk up a line of cars parked face in and auto detect the same one that had been there an hour [or two] ago and issue the ticket with one push of the button.

As my old job is getting a bit much I'm thinking of applying.

I can only assume that Sargent's team lost ... @)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

fair play to the gardai, i wasnt out that night but i have seen the dodgy parking during matches before,
    they should never have built a stadium there tbh, it has about 15 car parking spaces on boreenmana road,
    the g/f also saw a car full of lads parking on a corner, while the driver was drinking a bottle of budweiser:eek:
    what kind of idiots does the gaa attract?

Now that the Eircom yard's for sale, you'd think someone'd buy it as a park and ride/match parking area rather than waste it on yet more unsold houses, or at least use it as a car park until the economy gets to a point where houses are needed again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Not the worst idea! I got a response from the Garda, basically an apologetic email, saying they'll look into it. I wrote back saying that if it were any other event, such as a concert in the Marquee, they'd have no problem ticketing offenders, and GAA shouldn't be any different. Haven't heard anything since, but if this crap happens again and the Gards do nothing, I'll go all Neil Prendeville on their ass :D

If someone parks on a double yellow line, footpath, or causes a dangerous obstruction no matter what the occassion, the Gards should do their job!

Just to clarify something here, Gardai can only issue tickets, they dont clamp or tow and unllike a few years ago, tickets are no longer put on windows but are simple processed centrally and posted to the offender.

Therefore, theres no way for anyone to know if an illegally parked vehicle has been issued a ticket or several. End result? vehicles left sitting there and people assuming that the Gardai have done nothing.

Advertisement