Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted house in foxford?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

right guys i've heard storys of a house in foxford out the castlebar, my cousin was telling me he was there a few weeks ago and that when you go into a room u get a very bad smell and the next room is ice cold, he said he heard storys of people wearing crosses on jewlery when the go in cuts reopen and start bleeding, its suppose to be one the most haunted places in ireland .. anyone know if its true? whats the story behind it? is it worth the look? i have never been but things like this i find very intersting
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ghost hunter pro

i`ve heard lots of talk of this house you talk of on the ghost hunter grape vine! have you learned any more since this post? I`ve got this house high on me list of houses to investigate! write back soon please. many thanks GHP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 andypants

hey turkelton, GHP

I recently visited this site with a few friends, some seriously bad vibes comming from it :eek:, I can tell you we wont be going back to that house any time soon.

hey andy, please could you elaborate a little in detail what it was you experienced in this house, just so i can get a picture of it. Are you and your friends pro ghost hunters or was the visit just a random one! write back soon please, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

EDIT - sent PM instead

• Advertisement

you could say that andy but i dont "bust" them, i merely establish their presence if they are there. If you could just describe to me what happened, you entered the building did you visualise anything or was it just noise or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

Just came across this thread after doing a search on this house. Have heard many stories mostly about a woman and a child standing in the centre window upstairs. The most shocking story I have heard, which was the first time I heard about this house was from a neighbour of mine who would not be one for making up stories and swears this is true and I believe him- he was driving to work (nightshift) in Castlebar from Ballina direction at around midnight, as he was passing the house he (alone in the car) heard the passenger door open and bang shut again, he looked across to see a woman sitting in the passenger seat holding a child in her arms. Terrified he continued driving not knowing what else to do, seconds later he again heard the door open and close and when he looked around again the woman and child had disappeared. He immediately turned the car around and drove past the house again :eek: and went straight home. He never drove past the house again during darkness and I know several people who will not pass this house alone or during darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Just came across this thread after doing a search on this house. Have heard many stories mostly about a woman and a child standing in the centre window upstairs. The most shocking story I have heard, which was the first time I heard about this house was from a neighbour of mine who would not be one for making up stories and swears this is true and I believe him- he was driving to work (nightshift) in Castlebar from Ballina direction at around midnight, as he was passing the house he (alone in the car) heard the passenger door open and bang shut again, he looked across to see a woman sitting in the passenger seat holding a child in her arms. Terrified he continued driving not knowing what else to do, seconds later he again heard the door open and close and when he looked around again the woman and child had disappeared. He immediately turned the car around and drove past the house again :eek: and went straight home. He never drove past the house again during darkness and I know several people who will not pass this house alone or during darkness.

Interesting. I'll admit I never bothered with this thread because it was full of such silliness before but you've peaked my interest with this one. Tell me, does anyone know if there's an ugly past with this house, in particular regarding kidnappings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Can someone pls provide google map co-ordinates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps not make the location known publically on this forum for fear that the owners will be unwittingly mobbed by ghosthunters, it has happened before. Foxford is not particularly big so head out there and ask in the local shops.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I agree, if youre going to exchange location details do it by pm and not on a public thread. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

PM sent Andy (well I think it sent!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

PM details via google map of the location. That will help people find it easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

My mam has a holiday place in Foxford so i know it well enough, could someone PM where the house is, literally out of curiosity, i have no interest in approaching it. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

I visited there yesterday evening and I have to say I suddenly became very uncomfortable being around it, without even going in, not in a rush to go back! Having said that a couple of my mates have interest in going there and want me to bring them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Anymore stories on the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

This is fascinating. Would love to hear more stories about this house. I'm not normally one for "paranormal" stuff, but this is intriguing..

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

its the big green house on your right about two mile outside foxford town on your way to castlebar.now its said that if you can last a night there you can have the deeds also its supposed to move an inch closer to the road every year.im not far from there but i will not being goin near it

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭castor 1

its the big green house ..... its supposed to move an inch closer to the road every year

good luck

It's definitely haunted so !!!

Wonder what the Council will do when it starts to get too close to the road ?

• Advertisement

castor 1 wrote: »
    It's definitely haunted so !!!

Wonder what the Council will do when it starts to get too close to the road ?
    I wouldn't mock, there is a similar phenomenon here in Kerry where the haunted cliff gets closer and closer to the road and houses each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Unpossible wrote: »
    I wouldn't mock, there is a similar phenomenon here in Kerry where the haunted cliff gets closer and closer to the road and houses each year.

i do assume you are taking the mickey, considering natural erosion of the cliff face will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

maccored wrote: »
    i do assume you are taking the mickey, considering natural erosion of the cliff face will do that.

Depends on which way they are talking about; you are correct if they mean the cliff is receding back toward the road, however if the cliff is facing road it is a different matter completely.

its the big green house on your right about two mile outside foxford town on your way to castlebar.now its said that if you can last a night there you can have the deeds also its supposed to move an inch closer to the road every year.im not far from there but i will not being goin near it

good luck
    Joking aside, are there local stories of what happened there?

I think some places in Ireland would make great movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

I presume nobody lives in that house?

Anyone got it on google map? That for me is the best tool to use to get to locations or see locations. :)

It looks like a right mess. It doesn't look very big either. Anyone got any good apparent phenomena recored from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I found it on Google Map/Street View but don't know how to take a screensave and post it etc. It's easy enough to find on it though if you roughly measure out 3km from Foxford (follow the above post and you'll spot it, there aren't too many houses on the right hand side prior to it).

Incidentally, I can remember a guy I knew in the early nineties being on about a house where a woman was seen looking out from an upstairs window. The guy was from between Claremorris/Ballyhaunis but could have been on about this house perhaps?

Might take a spin down there next week to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Is it this place? http://i.imgur.com/cSgLe.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

yes thats it :eek: thank god that tree blocks the window on the landing for 5 months of the year

Advertisement