Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted house in foxford?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 newnobody

looks like an old house anyone look up the census returns for it? just an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Just in case anybody wants a gander for themselves on google maps i thought i'd save you the trouble and show you exactly where to look.

picture.php?albumid=1622&pictureid=8968

Hope that helps cause i know i spent a good 20 minutes virtually driving up and down that road! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

You saved the day for many guys here by imagery visual missing from the haunted thread story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

any go? id def be up 4 havin a sleepover there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NiceOneBruvv

a few of us went in to it last night and there was nothin happenin lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Now that's a prefect spoiler. :( Can you tell us how much time did you guys spent there. Probably you people should have sleepover there to make extreme tests of the house. Or better try next time going alone there to make final conclusion about it's being a haunted place or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i find the whole idea of sneaking into a 'haunted house' to stay overnight just because it looks old and like it could be 'haunted' as quite sad tbh, and a tad bit desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NiceOneBruvv

id say we stayed for 6 or 7 minutes anyway, its fairly small, went upstairs and there was a big gust of wind that started blowin the trees at the top window that was the most that happened! it was still spooky like with all the stories we heard about it but it didnt seem to be haunted at all, however theres a field in ballina with a valley in it thats rumoured to be haunted,its an underage drinking hot spot and have it on good word from a few friends that they heard girls voices when they were on there way down but nothin there when they arrived, a few of the lads have said this and seemed pretty freaked out by it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Well it looks spooky that's for sure. I am sure anyone who enters the house will be definitely more inclined to interpret the most innocent of events as being paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ezryder

OMG - that house is NOT haunted!!! I actually grew up a few miles down the road and have heard loads of stories about it.

So for the craic a few of us went into it one night (years ago)...NOTHING happened, no weird wind or 'feeling' or anything like that. It's just a derelict house that's all....sorry to disappoint :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

Always heard the place was haunted when I was growing up but no one could ever tell me who these people who saw all this were. A deserted house near a small town will always generate ghost stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hyperguy79

I did visit this house on my own and as i entered the broken window on the bottom right i looked towards the stairs and a blast of wind didn't hit me, it went through me, followed by a feeling that says get the f**k out, your not welcome. Being a pragmatic sort, i was passing a week or two later with a friend (female) and we decided to investigate. both of us went in and even though she wasn't phased in the slightest, we both had a feeling of heart racing and shortness of breath. Before we left, we stood in the living room near the hall door and definitely had a gust pass through us that made us freeze on the spot. Not trying to convince anybody but this is just what i got from the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

hyperguy79 wrote: »
    I did visit this house on my own and as i entered the broken window on the bottom right i looked towards the stairs and a blast of wind didn't hit me, it went through me, followed by a feeling that says get the f**k out, your not welcome. Being a pragmatic sort, i was passing a week or two later with a friend (female) and we decided to investigate. both of us went in and even though she wasn't phased in the slightest, we both had a feeling of heart racing and shortness of breath. Before we left, we stood in the living room near the hall door and definitely had a gust pass through us that made us freeze on the spot. Not trying to convince anybody but this is just what i got from the visit.

My psychic powers tell me this isn't your first paranormal experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 J.Dev

Never has a man been born with more thoroughly healed grazes, has seen such a far recessed house into a field, has gazed upon further sunken steel nails be it into plasterboard or concrete.
    This house is definitely not haunted, 0% spook, lads.

It was late, later than we had intended. We approached the house in the thick of night, ten to eleven as I recall. We drove of course, the eerie sounds of Pink Floyd played through the car speakers. Division Bell, naturally; pure David Gilmour spook. The music began to skip as we drew closer to the house. We were left off, on our own. Three hardy lads.
    The house leves an strong impression initially, the house stands alone to the right of the road. The back and front living room(?) windows are the two most logical points of entry. We steeled ourselves as we entered the house. Stepping through the window we found the floor to be littered with drink cans. Some recent, some dating quite a few years back. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    We recorded the descent, not once did our electronic equipment give. Following this we passed through the hallway, neverous, naturally. The hallway goes clear through the house into the back, the stairs hangs above, no doubt you've heard the stories, we decided to leave that for the moment.
    The living room is more of the same. Discarded drink bottles, the remains of a very crude ouija board litter the ground. A strong chill prevaded the house, and a potent scent of fermentated lad piss, but not a sign of any ghostly apparition, we had yet to venture up the stairs.
    We were uncertain, whether we'd actually be able to go upstairs, the house seemed to be of a considerable age, given its location, that is. But, we found the house to be sturdy, rather promising for redevelopment, honestly.
    The stairs leaned upward to a seemingly impenetrable darkness, a desolate window hung above, a likely spot for some ghostly jazz. The top of the house is in tatters, at the top of the stairs, the hallway seems to dissipate into the night, the end of the hall is pockmarked with holes. We were at the height of fear as we passed through the various bedrooms. Nothing mind, we found nothing. Wide empty, cold rooms. We situated ourselves in the room at the very end at the hall, it seemed to be ventilated, at least.
    Not much followed, proper lad buzz. Acting the jig, oh, stop.
    Three o'clock we took another good tour of the house, recording and the like. Stayed the night, from say, ten to seven.
    But the house, is an empty, cold, dreary house, nothing much to it.

Foxford however...
    :pac:
    Joshua, Jason, Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

GodlessM wrote: »
    Depends on which way they are talking about; you are correct if they mean the cliff is receding back toward the road, however if the cliff is facing road it is a different matter completely.

Can't picture this at all, but how on earth could the cliff be facing the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

Unpossible wrote: »
    I wouldn't mock, there is a similar phenomenon here in Kerry where the haunted cliff gets closer and closer to the road and houses each year.

That's called erosion!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

squonk wrote: »
    That's called erosion!

I think\hope he was being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Anyone fancy taking a trip to this house for an overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 panda2189

can any 1tel me if its haunted or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is some urgency to the last post that worries me. Its probably haunted.

• Advertisement

As expected, the only post (my own) that goes into any serious and unbiased detail about the house, Completely invalidates this houses spook and is completely ignored. You'll probably find more spook in Ben's

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

J.Dev wrote: »
    As expected, the only post (my own) that goes into any serious and unbiased detail about the house, Completely invalidates this houses spook and is completely ignored. You'll probably find more spook in Ben's

One visit isn't exactly what you would call sufficient to invalidate a potential haunting. Even in scientific experimenting and researching, a hypothesis has to be attempted many a'time before a final call can be made. Even then, some things are never certain. Now, taking into account that this is a case of supposed paranormal phenomena, it seems even harder to decide upon anything when the subject matter of its nature is still largely debatable. So basically, I don't think just because you had no experience the case is completely invalidated.

RedFFWolf wrote: »
    One visit isn't exactly what you would call sufficient to invalidate a potential haunting. Even in scientific experimenting and researching, a hypothesis has to be attempted many a'time before a final call can be made. Even then, some things are never certain. Now, taking into account that this is a case of supposed paranormal phenomena, it seems even harder to decide upon anything when the subject matter of its nature is still largely debatable. So basically, I don't think just because you had no experience the case is completely invalidated.
    I draw a large line between Scientific research and Pseudo-scientific investigations.
    Though I do agree more slumber parties must be organised, any takers? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

let all go 2mrw?? any1 up 4 it

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I pass this house daily and there's a bad vibe off it I've heard many stories about a woman being spotted at the window holding a baby, hopefully over the Christmas I'll round up a few comrades and go and visit the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Redbuck have you gone to the house yet? If not, PM me I'm interested in tagging along.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Silent Runner

Back when I was doing my Leaving cert a group of lads decided to take a spin down to this house one night to see it for themselves.

They stayed there for a few hours but nothing unusual happened.

I've heard a lot of stories about the house, but does anyone know about the previous owners or why it hasn't been knocked down?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

i too would like to tag along redbuck if you are serious about going

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I never made it down yet lads maybe at the weekend Christmas was very busy for me :'(

What stories did you hear Silent Runner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Silent Runner

To be honest when I was younger I just heard people telling ghost stories and saying that it happened in the green house, though in all probablity it didn't happen.

From more reliable people, they seem to say that no one will knock down the building, that they've tried to get people to knock it down they won't go near the house. They'd hire someone to do it, for for them to turn down the work the next day

Also heard something about a man leaving his donkey in one of the rooms of the said house, leaving straw down on the floor. He came back the next day to find the room completly empty no straw or animal, but found his donkey dead in another room of the house with the straw there! Realy weird, or else he had a bad memory:)

I've never been in the house, just drive by it on a regular basis.

I don't mean to derail the op's thread but there are a lot of other places said to be haunted within the locality. One of which my friend had an experience at Deel castle, you'd imagine a building that old would have some activity. It's said that they used horse blood a plasticizer while buiding it.It was built around the 16th century My friend was making sillage in a feild near by, it was getting late and were to work there again tomorrow so left all the machinery there just being blocked by my friend tractor so nothing would go missing so he was the last to be pick up. He was with a friend having a smoke out side the tractor when they started to hear what sounded like children playing around the castle, this was 1am in the night as this statge. The stopped talking for a few minutes to make out what did they actually hear, it was unmistakabke children playing and crying. They got into the tractior and just ignored it, pretty hard with no radio! Finally their pick came by and the lads ran over, they couldn't wait to get out of there.

There's also a "Gemekeeper house" situatied around the Moygowna area or further north. This would be a site I'd consider visiting

Advertisement