Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann lost and found

• 02-02-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭

They are a great bunch of people.

I rang up there to ask if a job id had been found on a bus.

The person on the phone could tell me in a fraction of a second that there was no job id left in.

This was without even asking me what company it was for.

I think I woke the person up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Or perhaps the person was so efficient that they were aware of everything that had been handed in and knew that no job id had been handed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Assuming you were talking to the lost property office in Busaras then it is entirely possible that they knew no ID had come into the office recently as it is manned by one person who deals with all the items.

If you lost the ID today it is likely that even if it is found it would not get to the lost property office until tomorrow or the day after depending on who found it, when and where. It is always worth inquiring again after a few days of losing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

I don't know about Bus Eireann but I found the Dublin Bus Lost and Found to be very efficient. I left my wallet on a bus and it made its way to their lost and found office on Marlborough Street and I collected it with the €40 still inside. I think I just had to pay a nominal fee of €2 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭fantastic98

Hi. My wallet was stolen on bus. I went to bus station and it was there minus my cards. Bus people took my phone number. They may ask me to charge the person. But I don't want to do that. Any advice .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Last post is a duplicate of this thread in Legal Discussion....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070987

• Advertisement
Advertisement