Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me

Options
  • 17-12-2010 1:27am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm jsut about to start from the start again, watch all the films, all of SG1 and all of Atlantis.

This could take a while :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i went to rewatch all of sg1 a while ago, but about halfway through season 1 i said to myself that i'd skip all the 'crap' episodes

went through the series in 2-3 nights, I think there was one season where I only watched 3 episodes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

can see me skipping a lot all right heh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I'm in Tar, have been meaning to do that for ages. Also, judging by a stray episode of Atlantis I saw on TV the other night, it appears I might have missed a few. :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

taking so long to get them, must be out of stock in hmv or something >_>

yes new recruit!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would join you on this epic quest but I've seen all of SG1 so, so many times on sky that I don't think I could stomach all the filler.

I'd rewatch atlantis because I've only seen it once and there are some terrific eps in there....but again sections of season 1 lagged quite badly. Plus after watching him for five seasons I kind of want to strangle McKay :p

• Advertisement

ye i gonna skip it where it gets annoying, but gotta be some epic jack oneliners waiting for me! ive not seen all of atlantis so that should be good

Kirby wrote: »
    I would join you on this epic quest but I've seen all of SG1 so, so many times on sky that I don't think I could stomach all the filler.

I'd rewatch atlantis because I've only seen it once and there are some terrific eps in there....but again sections of season 1 lagged quite badly. Plus after watching him for five seasons I kind of want to strangle McKay :p

You could take all your frustrations out on Leimrod instead, he's the spit out of McKay's mouth, win win!

I really have to watch all of Atlantis. Plus Jewel Staite <3

Edit: And plus the Wraith are epic. Best SG villains by far. Though I like the blue dudes from SGU too, they're creepy.

what is jewel staite?

what is jewel staite?

:eek:

Go watch Firefly. Now.

I'll wait....

Yup, Jewel Staite, of Firefly fame.

• Advertisement

oh ive seen firefly, I know this woman!

Thought you would alright! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

firely staite > atlantis state though

she got a bit too skinny

That was her normal weight before and after firefly. She gained the weight because Joss Whedon liked her, but wanted a "real girl that wasn't anorexic".

But I agree she looked better with the extra 20 pounds. But thats personal taste I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I did this, having never seen a full episode of Stargate before. I watched my boyfriends dvds starting from SG-1 season 1 all the way up to Atlantis season 5 in order. It took me almost exactly 2 years :D

I still sometimes miss not having an episode of SG to look forward to when I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,840 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Done that before ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Overheal wrote: »
    Done that before ....

you did that before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

id love to watch them again from the start, but there a bit to fresh and i have so many other tv shows ive yet to watch,

i have the all the DVDs from collecting the book and its always great to just pick a random one and watch it, was thinking of buying the smaller set one amazon for 100 yoyos, but it looks great havin a 5 foot long collection of dvds spelling out stargate, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Only earlier this year I realised SG-1 is a direct continuation of the film :o (which I love). Once I discovered that little snippet, I decided to take the plunge and start form the beginning of SG-1. I'm half way through Series 4 at the mo & loving every minute of it. It took me a while to seeing Anderson as Jack, as I had seen the movie loads of times, but I'd say watching the movie now it'd be the opposite :D

It started off with copius amounts of 90's cheese, but where I am now I can see it maturing very well. One thing I wasn't expected in it was the way the writers fit a lot of comedic value into it. It's rare these days that a tv show actually makes me laugh, but Jack's one liners, Teal'c' (the time loop episode & thermometer was genious :D) & a lot of others are genuinely very funny.

I'm watching it alongside SG-U (which I fugured was pretty safe to do as they are so distant), and loving every minute of that too :cool: I'll progress to Atlantis when I have SG-1 done.

Finally, something that fills the gap left by LOST, thank you Stargate! :pac:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Only earlier this year I realised SG-1 is a direct continuation of the film :o (which I love). Once I discovered that little snippet, I decided to take the plunge and start form the beginning of SG-1. I'm half way through Series 4 at the mo & loving every minute of it. It took me a while to seeing Anderson as Jack, as I had seen the movie loads of times, but I'd say watching the movie now it'd be the opposite :D

It started off with copius amounts of 90's cheese, but where I am now I can see it maturing very well. One thing I wasn't expected in it was the way the writers fit a lot of comedic value into it. It's rare these days that a tv show actually makes me laugh, but Jack's one liners, Teal'c' (the time loop episode & thermometer was genious :D) & a lot of others are genuinely very funny.

I'm watching it alongside SG-U (which I fugured was pretty safe to do as they are so distant), and loving every minute of that too :cool: I'll progress to Atlantis when I have SG-1 done.

Finally, something that fills the gap left by LOST, thank you Stargate! :pac:
    theres a bit of cross-over, youll probably see atlantis in SG-1 if you dont watch them chronlogically, atlantis started when SG-1 was on season 7, and ran beside it for 3 seasons, so from season 7 you might want to start atlantis, maybe switch back and forth ever second episode,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

don ramo wrote: »
    theres a bit of cross-over, youll probably see atlantis in SG-1 if you dont watch them chronlogically, atlantis started when SG-1 was on season 7, and ran beside it for 3 seasons, so from season 7 you might want to start atlantis, maybe switch back and forth ever second episode,

Oh really? I shall do just that so, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

Atlantis started with Season 8 of SG-1 :)

Atlantis started with Season 8 of SG-1 :)
    sorry:o

Finished season 2 of atlantis atm. Am watching them before the original. Where do the films fit into stargate? Haven't watched any but the first.

Finished season 2 of atlantis atm. Am watching them before the original. Where do the films fit into stargate? Haven't watched any but the first.
    Pretty much all after Season 10.

Children of the Gods, the re-cut, is of course the first thing you should have watched ;) Yes, there are no boobs, or mention of reproductive organs, but the rest of it was good.

It's on it's way to me now :D

Pretty much all after Season 10.

Children of the Gods, the re-cut, is of course the first thing you should have watched ;) Yes, there are no boobs, or mention of reproductive organs, but the rest of it was good.
    i turned off that POS, carter appeared and didnt say that so i turned it off, took away the feel of the whole show, and they wonder why people dont buy dvds, ill buy it once and i aint paying twice especially for a substandard merchandise (i didnt buy it i saw it)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

"Ark of Truth" after Season 10 of SG1 and Season 3 of SGA. "Continuum" after Season 4 of SGA.

i turned off that POS, carter appeared and didnt say that so i turned it off, took away the feel of the whole show, and they wonder why people dont buy dvds, ill buy it once and i aint paying twice especially for a substandard merchandise (i didnt buy it i saw it)
    it was honestly the stupidest line ever, and would only still belong in there because they reference it again on the 100th episode and the season 8 finale. Other than that it was such an awkward line and really not one that fir her character that much at all.

You're missing out if you didn't finish it. Teal'c doesn't sound like a girl anymore: he re-did all of his lines using the macho voice he learned for himself after the first couple seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

it was honestly the stupidest line ever, and would only still belong in there because they reference it again on the 100th episode and the season 8 finale. Other than that it was such an awkward line and really not one that fir her character that much at all.
    Yes but then they sent it up so wonderfully as well in '200' that it's almost worth having in the first time around as pay off.

Advertisement