Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ab workout with pictures

Options
  • 20-12-2010 9:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

ok guys, there are many abs workouts here. but im looking for one that actually works.

so heres the plan. for those of you with actual 6 packs, post your pictures and tell us what workout you used to get them.

i dont have one, but im after one, i usually do a couple of hundred sit ups per day coupled with 12 one minute reps of burpees.

so whatcha got?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

'Abs are made in the kitchen'

..with a little help from..
    Squat
    squat.jpg

Deadlift
    deadlift1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Everyone has abs. Everyone. most people also have them covered in a layer of fat. contary to want most people believe, sit-ups crunches etc don't reduce stomach fat. Your body decides where to store and lose fat from, to to make you abs visable, you'll need to get to about 10% body fat (via diet and excercise).
    Depending on how skinny you are, some general all-over work to put on mass should inprove the look of your abs further once visable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Here's my ab

lol

high intensity pizza eating 3x/week, can't go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

sounds like some randomer with a male 6 pack fetish to me ....;-)

DaDumTish wrote: »
    sounds like some randomer with a male 6 pack fetish to me ....;-)

i'd like to meet the person that manages to crack one out to that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

i'd like to meet the person that manages to crack one out to that

You've met him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

How can you calculate your body fat %?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

This is a great website, about fitness and muscle-building in general. Here is the section on abs. He also has a youtube channel with plenty of home workout techniques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

Do lots of cardio to get rid of bodyfat. Read this website:

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

This thread looked oh so promising...

but I see no pictures:(

• Advertisement

G86 wrote: »

I had one, but i can't leave it up for more than 2 hours or the intertubes explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Video any good?

I had one, but i can't leave it up for more than 2 hours or the intertubes explode.

You mean you can't suck it in for more than 2 seconds or you'll explode:pac:

You mean you can't suck it in for more than 2 seconds or you'll explode:pac:

*Durty*

Furet wrote: »

Jesus Christ hi, are you trying to give me nightmares?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

thanks guys. ill get my 6 pack if it kills me, tryin so much,, . is there anywhere that does body fat testing? like a walk in place?

Package wrote: »
    thanks guys. ill get my 6 pack if it kills me, tryin so much,, . is there anywhere that does body fat testing? like a walk in place?

Abs are are pretty redundant unless your trying to snag a 16 year old justin bieber fanatic.
    A mammoth back is where it's at... :D

ha, thanks magic8ball.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Abs are are pretty redundant unless your trying to snag a 16 year old justin bieber fanatic.
    A mammoth back is where it's at... :D

Assuming by mammoth you mean densely covered in ginger hair, I agree.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

You can pick up some pretty cheap calipers made by accumeasure on the wonder web for 10quid or so. pretty damm accurate. Remember, what's important is the rate of change and the users accuracy in getting consistent readings. Testing every 1 to 2 weeks istypical to determine whats happening to your body. However, it will take a month to lose 1-2& BF so it's a patient process (and you wont lose 1% every month!)

Use an excel spreadsheet to easily record weight and from your BF% workout lean mass. That way you can determine muscle loss/gain as well as fat% and chart it over time. I did it and it's really good to spu you on or identify what isn't working and change it.

• Advertisement

great advice lantus.

i think at the moment, im about 18% . so trying to get down to 10%, although i think at 32 it MAY be a bit too much to ask no???????????

so tell me this , which is better

65 mins on an exercise bike at between 25-30kph to a total of 28.5 km.

or shorter distances at alternate speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I don't know which I'm meant to question, the fact she's 16 or that she listens to Justin Beiber...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

great advice lantus.

i think at the moment, im about 18% . so trying to get down to 10%, although i think at 32 it MAY be a bit too much to ask no???????????

so tell me this , which is better

65 mins on an exercise bike at between 25-30kph to a total of 28.5 km.

or shorter distances at alternate speeds?

I've seen photos of 50+ year olds going from overweight to having visible abs, so it's definitely possible.

I'm not really sure what's better there but I'll just give my opinion (which in turn was made from other peoples opinions online). Doing shorter and more intense workouts will contribute to losing more bodyfat as opposed to weight. At the end of the day though, being at a calorie deficit is more important than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Where's the pictures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

<snip> less of that thanks </snip>

discus wrote: »
    I don't know which I'm meant to question, the fact she's 16 or that she listens to Justin Beiber...

Question how fruitless chasing a 'six pack' really is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Toes to bars, throwers and medicine ball sit-ups are really good exercises

toes to bars
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoJSJsS3J0

throwers, can also be done on the ground with someone standing on your feet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_yzMoyyI-s

medicine ball sits ups
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyEypsFivtw

six pack is a two stage processes.

1) Build up your ab strength, these exercises will help a lot. Like any muscle you need to weight train your abs for them to get bigger.
    2) Get your bodyfat % down to about 10% - 12% for men, its a bit more for women.

Jim

Advertisement