Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Shamanic wrote: »
    On amiens street halfway home on the walk from dundrum to santry.

That's a shocking commute even if the weather was grand; you hardly do that every day?!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

linguist wrote: »
    Those newsreaders and their fake tan eh:D

She must be out on her balcony tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Snow depths here are at bonnet level now:eek::D:D

bonnet level of what kind of car??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Seen a brazzer out on the corner earlier. I took her home and rogered her senseless. She's now wrapped under my silk sheets sipping on champagne. Do your bit and don't leave our working women out in the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

You can actually see the 1 green patch where I live in Wicklow that's been relatively unaffected and now completely green. It's also the warmest part of the country and one of the few places where the temp is in the positive numbers. Boo Hoo! :mad:

Arklow is in that green spot also:mad: so not fair:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

I'm not sitting by fire either.. I've no heating, no running water and it's soooooo cold :(

just get into bed with a couple of duvets. can you not go to a friends house or get some help from someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

this giant from the north west has even moved quiet a bit in the past 2 hours...

do ye think there will much snow fall tonight around the tipperary kilkenny area ???:confused:

cheers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Pangea wrote: »
    :D
    They say midnight.

What time for Leinster / Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

This actually brought a tear to my eye, and no, I am not being sarcastic. totally serious.

Well done pokerface_me

Thought i was the only one :) i was trying to stop myself from crying lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

A few snaps from today and yesterday in D24

036.jpg

083.jpg Basketball in under there somewhere

037.jpg A Heron in a housing estate looking for food!

042.jpg Msg for Santa!! :D

081.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Hi MilanPan,

Is this just for tonights staff? Wife is nurse due back in early tomorrow and was just talking to her as shes staying in her Mam & Dads in Tempelouge as to far to be travelling from Celbridge but it is so bad over there all day she wont prob be able to drive. Working in Tallaght Hosp.

I don't know, but can try and find out!

My sis-in-law is a nurse and she told me!

I'll text her and if she responds I'll post her response!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Shamanic wrote: »
    On amiens street halfway home on the walk from dundrum to santry.

Jesus, you getting on alright?
    How long is that taking you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

dsc0270resized.jpg

Pull up a chair! (in Firhouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

anyone know what time the wind is to change direction at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Defcol wrote: »
    Where are you?

Castleknock
    cson wrote: »
    In other words; "Rescue Me pokerface_me!"

Yes please!!
    cabot wrote: »
    Can you go and stay with someone?

Can't leave home, pipes froze, place flooded, front door frame swelled from water and it won't close securely :mad: Won't be properly fixed til tomorrow.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Seen a brazzer out on the corner earlier. I took her home and rogered her senseless. She's now wrapped under my silk sheets sipping on champagne. Do your bit and don't leave our working women out in the cold.

Best post on the entire thread.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

My parents have not left their house since Saturday. They are beginning to run out of supplies. Anyone know what it is like in the Rockbrook, Mount Venus Road area? I am going to walk up with supplies from Ballinteer? No panic yet but I would like to get an idea as to what conditions I will face.

Haven't been up there but I'm 2mins down the road on Stocking Avenue. They're higher than we are and we've nearly 2ft of snow and the roads haven't been plowed. Walking is fine with a good pair of shoes and be wrapped up. I wouldn't suggest driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I was walking around Lucan village and came across this poor snowman. He looked frozen so I brought him home and sat him down in front of the fire. Put on the kettle and went out to get some milk for the tea only to come back to find the little fcuker had pissed on the floor and scarpered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

smokin ace wrote: »
    anyone know what time the wind is to change direction at

About an hour ago it shifted more northerly but it'll be spinning to westerlies over the course of the night.

See www.xcweather.co.uk for a decent wind forecast, that site has good graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Anyone got a loan of some socks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

My parents have not left their house since Saturday. They are beginning to run out of supplies. Anyone know what it is like in the Rockbrook, Mount Venus Road area? I am going to walk up with supplies from Ballinteer? No panic yet but I would like to get an idea as to what conditions I will face.

Have you enquired if any of the supermarkets are still doing deliveries in that area?

My parents are elderly too but did manage to get a delivery from an on-line order today.

I don't live near them but a young couple across the road have called most days to see if they need anything. Community spirit lives on!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

sdonn wrote: »
    About an hour ago it shifted more northerly but it'll be spinning to westerlies over the course of the night.

See www.xcweather.co.uk for a decent wind forecast, that site has good graphics.

that will mean the end of the supply from the stream in the irish sea :mad::mad::mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Of COURSE Trinity is still open tomorrow??? Not for the yound healthy students, but for admin etc... poor wifey... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

spockety wrote: »
    dsc0270resized.jpg

Pull up a chair! (in Firhouse)

Great pic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wow was that in tallaght?
    edit: just googled firhouse :) Exceptional snow, how much is there over a foot and a half?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Castleknock

Yes please!!

Can't leave home, pipes froze, place flooded, front door frame swelled from water and it won't close securely :mad: Won't be properly fixed til tomorrow.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jesus are you ok?
    Is there anyone close to drop in to you?
    Is the electricity working at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Fizzix wrote: »
    Great pic

Thats nothing!

You can't see the feckin garden furniture in my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    bonnet level of what kind of car??

96' Corolla:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Thats nothing!

You can't see the feckin garden furniture in my place.

Get the camera out! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    Wow was that in tallaght?
    edit: just googled firhouse :) Exceptional snow, how much is there over a foot and a half?

Get back home.. theres a storm coing !!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement