Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tempory lull here in D4..but big orange clouds to the NE say its about to go all snow shaped again!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Waited hour for Luas at heuston and then luas never showed up, stuck in snow. Epic snow for walk back to Connolly, heavy snow the entire way. Crazy seeing dozens of people just walking the luas tracks at this hour of the evening. Never seen so much snow in Dublin city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 teresminor

Rathgar is mad. It's still coming down and has shot up from 17cm yesterday to well over 30cm today, and it's still coming down heavily. I've no ruler big enough anymore. Just went out and it's almost up to my knees. Gorgeous snow too, just the right consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Immense snow in Portmarnock!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

PICT1876.jpg
    Last night at the Aviva...
    PICT1894.jpg
    24 hours later at the Aviva :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Heavy snow beginning to settle here:) 0.2/-1.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sitec wrote: »
    Any weather gurus give a prediction on snow falling in Kilkenny City? Fancy a venture out on the town but dont want to get stranded.:)
    Tomorrow could be bad for Kilkenny and the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    Tempory lull here in D4..but big orange clouds to the NE say its about to go all snow shaped again!

the showers are queueing up like crazy out there! They even seem to be starting to form earlier and earlier in every frame on the radar, giving them more time to beef up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

dfx- wrote: »
    Eglinton wrote:
    riginally Posted by Eglinton View Post
    Just crossed the line at Beachwood stop. There are hundreds and hundreds of people walking home from town along the line. Didn't see any sign of a Luas.

It was like Night of the Living Dead coming down the line.

I did that last night from Ballally with the defective tram at Milltown, some amount of snow:eek:

Walked home from John Rogerson's Quay to Stillorgan today because of the lack of LUAS. Managed it in under two hours so was pretty impressed with that. Walking along the line is such a slow way to walk I did it before from Charlemont once and I felt it takes way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

19cm of level snow here. Unbelievable techers:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Delighted for ye! You've been getting a raw deal up until today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

dacogawa I love the "Beach" Photo, very atmospheric.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

trogdor wrote: »
    Heavy snow beginning to settle here:) 0.2/-1.1C

Nice one streamer heading in a more northerly direction then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Am surprised Lucan is missing out on that trache of snow that we seem to be just marginally west of... Is it snowing in Palmerstown or Ballyfermot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Waited hour for Luas at heuston and then luas never showed up, stuck in snow. Epic snow for walk back to Connolly, heavy snow the entire way. Crazy seeing dozens of people just walking the luas tracks at this hour of the evening. Never seen so much snow in Dublin city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

OH just landed in the door in Ballinteer after walking home along the luas track.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

When the Luas was suspended today we got to walk along the line from Dundrum to Balally - the announcements kept saying that the trams were suspended - no one told the drivers - three passed us between stops and you can't hear them creeping up on you - you'll have to trust me on that one:) Got some great photos - unfortunately only the crappy iphone camera with me:mad:
    We had to jump to the side of the tracks and I was regularly thigh deep in fresh snow - amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What day are we looking at for the snow to stop then people?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

You can see the band of cloud here to the north west!

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

nothing yet in north finglas since 3.30ish, was down in santry today and there seems to be an exta inch or 2 compared to my area, it was also lashing snow but stop as i hit finglas, the iom shadow has me cut off by a couple of miles it seen, typical :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

NoodleMc wrote: »
    OK just landed in the door in Ballinteer after walking home along the luas track.

How long did that take?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Luas finished for night

Last Dublin bus from terminus is at 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sky in Dublin is taking on that eerie orange glow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Evey bit of land we have is covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Sonovagun wrote: »

Holy **** Mongo, that's too cruel! Looking at the swing on that, it looks like it is going to come down over the whole country, any chance it will fall as snow?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

looks like its stopped altogether:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Hi,

Ive been watching these threads since Monday. Im up in Tallaght and it's a total whiteout.

The car is firmly stuck in the snow, it hasn't been moved since Monday evening.

Is there more snow on the way?

Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Sonovagun wrote: »

Please Please Please be rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just topped 3foot here on kiltipper hill. Hasn't stopped all day 7 foot at sally gap and plenty of drifting snow around, this is epic.

Please check on any elderly people near by, i travelled a mile up the road earlier to a house i thought was abandoned for a while only to discover 87 year old Tom Murphy living there, i was his first visitor since the postman last Friday. Tonight Tom is in my living room wrapped up in front of the fire with a nice warm bed for the night, the logistics of getting supplies and fuel to him for heat was a nightmare, easier for him to come to mine. His daughter is picking him up tomorrow, she is coming up from Waterford and has been unable to contact him as no landline or mobile.

Please check guys it takes 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Where's "here" and in how long?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement