Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

-25 in scotland tonight......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Roads are pretty dodgy in parts so be careful everyone...

Photos this morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

del88 wrote: »

wow! nuts weather

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Yep , major clouds coming over Killester/Raheny , will bucket down soon I'd say ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sky turning orange here in D4, hopefully some of the white stuff arriving imminently.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

del88 wrote: »

Thats probably in the far north tip?? Always very extreme weather up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Link?

Just looking at the radar. The first of the recently 'pepped up' irish sea activity is about to hit Dublin.

Vmkg7.png

As reported, it's already hit bray. This pic is from 18.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Shamanic wrote: »
    No not a union job. Have a mortgage so I need to keep my job. Looks like
    Luas to town and a long walk. At 10pm and I'm female. Great.

Sorry to hear that, have a look at the buses website, there is some more services coming back (not much though) but it might not last as there's more snow on the way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Iancar29 wrote: »
    PREDITIONS OF -17 ON SUNDAY!?!.... WTH !?!... WHERE ARE THEY HEARING THIS FROM!?

Not sure :confused:

137593.png

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Sky clouding in Dublin 12 too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Evleyn just said on the 6 one news that its to stay wintery for the next week including next wednesday ,

:eek:

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Sky going orange-ish around Dublin 5, wont be long I'd say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

By the look of the radar Bray will get it just
    before the curl to the east hits city center.
    I just got out of their, total nightmare!
    Good luck if your still their, stay safe PPL!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Supercell wrote: »
    Sky turning orange here in D4, hopefully some of the white stuff arriving imminently.

Now where have you been all day , dont tell me you went to work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

ciaranm wrote: »
    Hmmmmnn, could this shower just miss Dublin altogether?

The brunt will hit south dublin and wicklow for sure.

Edit: latest radar is a beast. were in for a memorable night guys.

@ Shamanic...................no job is worth the crap that you're getting from your boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

-17 by Sunday eek.gif

Thats what yer man on rte said - and it was in the context of temps dropping more towards -17

must be talking ground temperatures which would make sense

air temps that low would be fantasy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Any snow coming cork's way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Yip! Better make sure those pipes don't freeze up. Lag them well with 100 - 120 mm Armor flex foam where accessible and in the attic.

Anything else I can use ? What about wrapping old cloths/towels around them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Any chance of snow in the west?
    I feel like I' missing out here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Anyone see the rte lad doing the report from brussels in the snow?? haha he was getting destroyed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Wouldn't have a case with constructive dismissal. There is still public transport running and while roads can be dangerous if not driving safely they are not impassable. (Just going by reports on here). So if you have a rostered shift to start or end at a certain time the boss is well within his rights to ask you to work within those hours if the business remains open. If there was a declared state of emergency and a very real dangar you would obviously have a case if you walked out. Not siding with the boss as it's a poxy stance to take in the conditions that seem to be in Ireland at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Any chance of snow in the west?
    I feel like I' missing out here :P

friday is or best bet laurence and i hope we do get some.its so annoying we have nothing and the rest of ireland is up tothere eyes in it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads i actually can't believe what i've just seen on RTE news!! it's UNREAL stuff!! I actually didn't think that the main roads were THAT bad - even from reading the RTE website there wasn't a huge major headline saying that the whole East coast is at a standstill or anything - which it is! Carlow town -"closed down" according to Damien Tiernan!

When was the last time we had snow this bad? Of course it's like i'm living in another country down here but i'm thinking maybe i'm better off....(although would still like more snow:D)

How's it looking for Friday? Cos if we get anymore the east will be banjaxed altogether!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

snow starved north dublin i think the IOM shado is braking down watch the showers getting in behind the island now...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

premiercad wrote: »
    must be talking ground temperatures which would make sense

air temps that low would be fantasy :rolleyes:

Those are Air temp.

Not that much of a fantasy

Lowest daily minimum temperature records
    Scotland -27.2 °C 11 February 1895
    10 January 1982
    30 December 1995 Braemar (Aberdeenshire)
    Braemar (Aberdeenshire)
    Altnaharra (Highland)
    England -26.1°C 10 January 1982 Newport (Shropshire)
    Wales -23.3 °C 21 January 1940 Rhayader (Powys)
    Northern Ireland* -17.5 °C 1 January 1979 Magherally (County Down)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Ok according to the charts north donegal is getting snow all day, is this correct?

Wouldn't have a case with constructive dismissal. There is still public transport running and while roads can be dangerous if not driving safely they are not impassable. (Just going by reports on here). So if you have a rostered shift to start or end at a certain time the boss is well within his rights to ask you to work within those hours if the business remains open. If there was a declared state of emergency and a very real dangar you would obviously have a case if you walked out. Not siding with the boss as it's a poxy stance to take in the conditions that seem to be in Ireland at present.

That's a **** sandwich. So basically, this employee has no power whatsoever??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yeah thank God!

Also, think I just seen a flash to the south just there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gerrys on Six one next

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement