Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

zuroph wrote: »
    anyone notice the window behind the guy on the street, they were flashing their light on and off loads, obv were watching the news!

Yeah, I saw that. might have been an obsessive compulsive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

jos28 wrote: »
    Snow in Clontarf getting heavier, sky is a strange orangey colour. Jeez will seriously need to lose some weight when the thaw comes. I've been getting home early and cooking so much it would put Nigella to shame. Soups, breads, beef and guinness pie. apple tarts, cookies.......

I want to live with you!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hooring down in D18 now (Ticknock)! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Even the west? :eek:
    Bring it on.:D I am feeling left out :P

i know, im sick of everyone else with their snow, and me with just cold feet and rosy cheeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Very light graupel here now. Also a couple of eejits down the end of the cul-de-sac pulling spins on the ice in their cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

Snowing in Sandyford, Sky is a nice orange. Home alone is on the TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Yeh Im not convinced about the white out on friday, Id say it will rain and kinda end this spell for the weekend but I hope met eireann prove me wrong

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Hooring down in D18 now (Ticknock)! :):):)

Hello from down the road!

Nuther Lucan update, the are clouds heaving towards OVER my house right now, yes, OVER !! my house, not either side :)
    It would appear Im out of the coridor for a while anyway .:)

I hope all of you still at work or on way home, get home safe soon enough. My heart goes out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Hardly any snow today in portarlington :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

For those who are wondering about the orange sky, it's just the reflection of sodium street lights in the falling snow, nothing strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

First flakes in Donabate! First of a long night hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

zuroph wrote: »
    i know, im sick of everyone else with their snow, and me with just cold feet and rosy cheeks. :(
    Yeah, we get the cold, they get the fun:mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

When is this horrible snow going to go away !!??!!

April

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow , whiteout here, poor sods driving home in that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

mwrf wrote: »
    Snowing in Sandyford, Sky is a nice orange. Home alone is on the TV :)

what channel is home along on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

For the first time today, proper heavy snow in Kilkenny town - bring it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

All set for a night in front of the TV. Just noticed that I need to record something but couldn't. I forgot that the storm on Friday night fried our Sky box :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Bucketing snow here.

Just want to mention, the guards have requested that people give way to gritters where it is safe to do so to speed up their job. Saw it on rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Had to walk from Glasnevin to Connolly station. Not very fun roads are an absolute nightmare. I'd avoid driving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Winter kicks summer's ass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm Ticknock Hill myself too - it's pretty impressive out there at the mo! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Of course an employee can have power and rights. But as mentioned it isn't a union job. I didn't see the original post and i'm only assuming by reading other posts the person wanted to go home early or not go in for a shift but was told they would lose their job if they did not so up. Or just left.

If you refuse to work a rostered shift an employer can terminate your contract unless there is something in the contract stating he/she can't. Yes there is snow and yes there are disruptions to public transport and yes the roads are slippy. But there is no Government or weather warning stating that it is dangerous to go outside. And due to that the law will side with the employer. I've a law background and although labor law isn't my area i'd be 99% sure that any legal action would be fruitless.

Lads will ye take this side discussion to Work & Jobs? Nothing to do with weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mrs_H

Hooring down most of the day!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

Raining in knocklyon:eek: go away rain

smokin ace wrote: »

sorry, pirate bay TV

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Slow going here. Really just flakes blowing in the air. The evening looks interesting alright, but it'll be a nailbiter at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

smokin ace wrote: »

somethin new for the kids to watch.... feckin Elf 7 times over now at this stage :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Miap wrote: »
    Raining in knocklyon:eek: go away rain

Snowing hard in Rathfarnham. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ciaranm wrote: »
    hmmmmm

M2 dew point is at 1.2

that's not good for the snow-enthusiasts

The M2 dp is not really that important when you already have cold air settled in place ,

Its more of a case when you have a marginal dp inland that your on the look out for a negative dp at the M2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement