Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikileaks Tweet

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Strange one from wikileaks on the announcement of their next release; "7 x Times the size of the Iraq war logs"
    What could this mean?
    The coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined. Keep us strong: http://is.gd/hzbIa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

more info on how the usa messed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Flaregon wrote: »
    more info on how the usa messed.

Which despite all the vast conspiracy theories they seem to able to do quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Lots more happening on this now.

http://twitter.com/wikileaks

http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/7955258869288960
    http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/8206637680558080

Supposedly a log of messages between various US embassies meant to be published this weekend. Not sure if that last tweet means a gagging order? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11847824

And this? http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/7962849636786176

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Putting DA-Notices on things is no way to go about hushing current events.. not in this day and age. I can only assume that the US are aware of the implications of doing such a thing when it relates to a release from Wikileaks. There is no way in hell that they would be briefing nations on such a release without knowing that said briefs would be made known.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

From recall the US are funding Islamic terrorist cells, pitting them against armies, for example in Pakistan where you have extremists and the Pakistani army rooting them out because there is a tidy profit to be made from conflict. I care little for the elites and their silly little games, only that theirs is a path that spells the endgame for humanity except for themselves of course. I'd love to see what this new wiki release is all about, no doubt something which doesn't involve the NWO, probably more Iraq documents. Oh and David Kelly was assasinated, its written all over Blairs face in that memorial service, in conjunction with all that circumstantial evidence lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Good stuff wikileaks keep em' coming, A true beacon of light and truth in a world of lies, spin and bull sh!t. I hope these new leaks are really damaging and really hurt the "powers" involved. Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

so far what have wikileaks released that has actually led to prosecutions? most of what they have released so far seems to be stuff that was already widely known about..lots of quantity but very little quality..could it be that it is the CIA themselves leaking the files themselves?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

joebucks wrote: »
    so far what have wikileaks released that has actually led to prosecutions? most of what they have released so far seems to be stuff that was already widely known about..lots of quantity but very little quality..could it be that it is the CIA themselves leaking the files themselves?

They've "leaked" that Iran are supporting Al Qaeda. Now they're about to "leak" that Turkey are supporting Al Qaeda. I'll let someone else fill in the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

They've "leaked" that Iran are supporting Al Qaeda. Now they're about to "leak" that Turkey are supporting Al Qaeda. I'll let someone else fill in the gaps.

isn't Al Qaeda made up? I believe Robin Cook said that it was phony before he died of a stroke. Isn't it the name of database somewhere in teh ME?

Don't forget Pakistan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

AP wrote:
    The release of hundreds of thousands of State Department cables is expected this weekend, although WikiLeaks has not been specific about the timing. The cables are thought to include private, candid assessments of foreign leaders and governments and could erode trust in the U.S. as a diplomatic partner.

This should be some juicy gossip. I wonder what they think of clowen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

could we get the irish version soon? wikileaks:the bank bailout!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

joebucks wrote: »
    could it be that it is the CIA themselves leaking the files themselves?
    I don't believe this nonsense for a second. I don't see anything about Wikileaks to suggest that it should be taken at anything other than face value.

I think the best bet about this right know is exactly what AP have said:
    The release of hundreds of thousands of State Department cables is expected this weekend, although WikiLeaks has not been specific about the timing. The cables are thought to include private, candid assessments of foreign leaders and governments and could erode trust in the U.S. as a diplomatic partner.

plazzTT wrote: »
    I don't believe this nonsense for a second. I don't see anything about Wikileaks to suggest that it should be taken at anything other than face value.

I think the best bet about this right know is exactly what AP have said:

Do you rule out the possibility that some of the files being leaked to Wikileaks are being leaked by US intelligence on purpose?

What prosecutions have come from any of the leaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The documents have been released on Wikileaks.

Just on Sky news that one of them makes the claim that Iran have bought N,Korean missiles which can easily reach Europe.

Sound familiar ?

Duiske wrote: »
    The documents have been released on Wikileaks.

Just on Sky news that one of them makes the claim that Iran have bought N,Korean missiles which can easily reach Europe.

Sound familiar ?

****! This is serious. Cue nuclear false-flag and WWIII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

looks like that DDoS attack worked, wikileaks is back to a default web server now.

This leak is very suspicious.

The US will of course condemn it, but in reality isn't this exactly the type of thing neo-cons would want?

I mean, very few people would buy the WMD line again coming straight from America. A third party leaking it though gives it a bit more legitamacy.

You have the double whammy of scaring people into believing that Iran has nuclear warheads, with the local leaders "begging for the US to intervene"

This leak, whether genuine or manufactured is huge, and scary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/world/middleeast/29missiles.html
    The Feb. 24 cable, which is among those obtained by WikiLeaks and made available to a number of news organizations, makes it clear that American intelligence agencies believe that the complete shipment indeed took place, and that Iran is taking pains to master the technology in an attempt to build a new generation of missiles. The missile intelligence also suggests far deeper military — and perhaps nuclear — cooperation between North Korea and Iran than was previously known. At the request of the Obama administration, The New York Times has agreed not to publish the text of the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

I was looking at the cables grouped by country http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/tags/Country and although I can see that Ireland has 633 records, I can't seem to find a way of viewing the individual cables. Are they not released, am I missing something?
    I did download the whole lot and tried fiddling around with it, but it's late, and I've got a crick in my neck from looking at it sideways for 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

I was looking at the cables grouped by country http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/tags/Country and although I can see that Ireland has 633 records, I can't seem to find a way of viewing the individual cables. Are they not released, am I missing something?
    I did download the whole lot and tried fiddling around with it, but it's late, and I've got a crick in my neck from looking at it sideways for 15 minutes.
    I downloaded the torrent, it looks like barely any files are included.
    A local search for containing text on "ireland" brings up 2 pages which mention Ireland in passing. Nothing important.

It appears that the archives will be released only bit by bit, which is a curious thing indeed.

How Convenient.
    From an Israeli perspective, therefore, it would not be an exaggeration to say that WikiLeaks may have done the country a service on Sunday.
    http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?ID=197131&R=R1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You can't like the website on Tuesday when they say things you want to hear and demonise them on wednesday when they don't.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

DeVore wrote: »
    You can't like the website on Tuesday when they say things you want to hear and demonise them on wednesday when they don't.

DeV.

True. But that's not the case as far as I am concerned; more the more often your around bull**** the more likely you are to smell it. I'm on the fence personally and I really hope beyond hope that my suspicions are misfounded but with every leak and MSM promotion of Wikileaks I lose more hope.

Don't you think it is logical for the CIA or someone else to create a whistleblower honeypot? They control the leaked information, find out who's leaking the information and in a roundabout way get the public to back their wars of aggression. A public who will never believe them after their very recent lies and deception to go to war in Iraq but would most likely take the word of an "independent" 3rd party dedicated to truth.

Not only that. Once they get their war(s) they get to censor the internet because of Wikileaks in the interests of national security.

If they didn't think up Wikileaks they should have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

True. But that's not the case as far as I am concerned; more the more often your around bull**** the more likely you are to smell it. I'm on the fence personally and I really hope beyond hope that my suspicions are misfounded but with every leak and MSM promotion of Wikileaks I lose more hope.

Don't you think it is logical for the CIA or someone else to create a whistleblower honeypot? They control the leaked information, find out who's leaking the information and in a roundabout way get the public to back their wars of aggression. A public who will never believe them after their very recent lies and deception to go to war in Iraq but would most likely take the word of an "independent" 3rd party dedicated to truth.

Not only that. Once they get their war(s) they get to censor the internet because of Wikileaks in the interests of national security.

If they didn't think up Wikileaks they should have.

Alternatively wikileaks does exactly what it says on the tin, it's just when you read the tin you say "fish products" and thought "caviar" and instead got tinned sardines.

Di0genes wrote: »
    Alternatively wikileaks does exactly what it says on the tin, it's just when you read the tin you say "fish products" and thought "caviar" and instead got tinned sardines.

Is that some kind of **** insult`?

Lets not make this personal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Is that some kind of **** insult`?

If you think a post is insulting report it. It's no uses getting excited about wikileaks and then disappointed and dismissing it as a CIA front if it just doesn't confirm your bias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

This whole leak is to get people against Iran Nuclear Development!

Advertisement