Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikileaks Tweet

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

True. But that's not the case as far as I am concerned; more the more often your around bull**** the more likely you are to smell it. I'm on the fence personally and I really hope beyond hope that my suspicions are misfounded but with every leak and MSM promotion of Wikileaks I lose more hope.

Don't you think it is logical for the CIA or someone else to create a whistleblower honeypot? They control the leaked information, find out who's leaking the information and in a roundabout way get the public to back their wars of aggression. A public who will never believe them after their very recent lies and deception to go to war in Iraq but would most likely take the word of an "independent" 3rd party dedicated to truth.

Not only that. Once they get their war(s) they get to censor the internet because of Wikileaks in the interests of national security.

If they didn't think up Wikileaks they should have.

Totally agree BB. Another possibility is that Wikileaks is genuine and intelligence services are just inundating them with huge amounts of info to divert Wikileaks' time and resources away from more serious leaks and put their attention on matters that would be favorable to the US/allies.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Di0genes wrote: »
    If you think a post is insulting report it. It's no uses getting excited about wikileaks and then disappointed and dismissing it as a CIA front if it just doesn't confirm your bias.

Wrong again I see.

This was my opinion 4 months ago.
    Old 21-08-2010, 18:36
    I'm edging towards this coming about to try and make Wikileaks more credible and not a CIA front, which I have seen some valid arguments for.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67586598&postcount=8

Lets leave it at that.

joebucks wrote: »
    Totally agree BB. Another possibility is that Wikileaks is genuine and intelligence services are just inundating them with huge amounts of info to divert Wikileaks' time and resources away from more serious leaks and put their attention on matters that would be favorable to the US/allies.

Yeah regardless of how legit Wikileaks is infiltration is a probablility IMO. Something about the whole operation doesn't sit right with me.

This poor bastard seems to be the only one to have paid a price.
    square3.jpg
    http://www.bradleymanning.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Yeah regardless of how legit Wikileaks is infiltration is a probablility IMO. Something about the whole operation doesn't sit right with me.

This poor bastard seems to be the only one to have paid a price.
    square3.jpg
    http://www.bradleymanning.org/

Ironic eh. He won't be the only one to suffer if HC gets her way
    While she said she would not comment directly on the cables or their substance, she said that the government would take "aggressive steps" to hold responsible those who "stole" them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/29/clinton-reacts-us-embassy-cables

Skimmed through a couple of random cables and the I'm becoming increasingly convinced Wikileaks is a Zionist/Neo-Con fraud to facilitate the Zionist/Neocon illegal wars of aggression and subsequent illegal occupations and the mass suffering that goes with it.

A bit like 9-11. Conveniently good for Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

A bit like 9-11. Conveniently good for Israel.

Huh? It was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The whole idea of Wikileaks is open to the kind of abuse BB is expressing concerns about; unless they have some kind of vetting or fact-checking process on the files they leak, which seems unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Merged with this thread because the discussion is on similar lines

I always had my doubts about this site and its "leaked" out contents.

Most of the material is stuff that we either already know about or else something irrelevant however there are always a few "top secret" chunky pieces thrown in..

We are led to believe by the media that this site is detrimental to US and Global international security and that the perpitrators must chased and the site shut down at all costs. WE have even read reports that its founder Julian Assang is a rapist portraying him as a criminal..

It is not that easy to chase and shut down such a website with so many international mirrors and a guy that is constantly in hiding.

The only way that Wikileaks can be curtailed is by introducing an international agreement to usher in nternet censorship.

This is a classic case of "Problem Reaction and solution" and the ultimate aim is for the powers to be to have control over the internet and its contents.

On a similar note. http://www.effedieffe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33278:cia-mossad-and-soros-behind-wikileaks&catid=35:worldwide&Itemid=152

meglome wrote: »
    Huh? It was?

Not sure if you are referring to Wikileaks or 9/11 but the answer is the same for both - The Wikileaks cables and 9-11 quite obviously was/is good for Israel. Don't take my word for it; take Bibi's:

Netanyahu: WikiLeaks revelations were good for Israel

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/netanyahu-wikileaks-revelations-were-good-for-israel-1.327773
    The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv on Wednesday reported that Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu told an audience at Bar Ilan university that the September 11, 2001 terror attacks had been beneficial for Israel.
    "We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying. He reportedly added that these events "swung American public opinion in our favor." http://www.haaretz.com/news/report-netanyahu-says-9-11-terror-attacks-good-for-israel-1.244044

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

joebucks wrote: »
    so far what have wikileaks released that has actually led to prosecutions? most of what they have released so far seems to be stuff that was already widely known about..lots of quantity but very little quality..could it be that it is the CIA themselves leaking the files themselves?

The thought had crossed my mind.

There's something this whole set up that doesnt feel quite right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

This week, Judy Woodruff of PBS interviewed Zbigniew Brzezinski and Stephen Hadley, former national security advisers for presidents Carter and Bush. The subject of the interview was Wikileaks.

ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI: Seeding — seeding it is very easy. I have no doubt that WikiLeaks is getting a lot of the stuff from sort of relatively unimportant sources, like the one that perhaps is identified on the air. But it may be getting stuff at the same time from interested intelligence parties who want to manipulate the process and achieve certain very specific objectives.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/government_programs/july-dec10/weakileaks2_11-29.html

Where are the cables on the US leaders military questioning the starategic value of unconditional support of Israel in ME? On Dimona? On the Mavi Marmara massacre? On official Israeli policy of keeping the Gazans on near starvation levels? On David Headley? I could go on all day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Let's assume that much of this stuff is legit and wasn't deliberately leaked. It stands to reason that US intelligence wouldn't just clam up in embarrassment. One tactic any intel agency would surely attempt is to manipulate the situation however possible, including planting misinformation which would likely be taken at face value, as a few have already pointed out.

this is what wikileaks say about how they verify their stories, it speaks to some of these concerns...
    "1.4 How WikiLeaks verifies its news stories

We assess all news stories and test their veracity. We send a submitted document through a very detailed examination a procedure. Is it real? What elements prove it is real? Who would have the motive to fake such a document and why? We use traditional investigative journalism techniques as well as more modern rtechnology-based methods. Typically we will do a forensic analysis of the document, determine the cost of forgery, means, motive, opportunity, the claims of the apparent authoring organisation, and answer a set of other detailed questions about the document. We may also seek external verification of the document For example, for our release of the Collateral Murder video, we sent a team of journalists to Iraq to interview the victims and observers of the helicopter attack."

...yet i don't imagine they could have gone to the forensic detail they suggest above with every one of these thousands of documents involved in the latest batch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

http://palestinechronicle.com/view_article_details.php?id=16448

Is anybody else concerned about wikileaks recent surge in publicity AND the constant referrals to it from mainstream news?
    It strikes me as being really odd.

Advertisement