Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Mustard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Arkana

Lord - pardon them for they don't know what they are doin'...

With these unchristian words I say 'good bye' to this thread...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 david21

Powdered is you only man. Mix just before you use and feel the top of your head lift off:)

Like the green stuff you get in Jap Suschi bars. Anybody know where to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stark wrote: »
    Shouldn't you get a ban for suggesting American mustard? Disgusting stuff, hardly any flavour off it.
    Thats exactly the point of it... Just like franks redhot chilli sauce is not particularly hot at all either, you can lash the stuff on. Like on a hot day I would drink a pint of cold beer rather than a whiskey, they all have their place.

French's has no added oils, many of the "deli mustards" out now are loaded with veg oil.
    david21 wrote: »
    Like the green stuff you get in Jap Suschi bars. Anybody know where to buy it?
    Wasabi, you can get it in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I like them all, actually! :D Love horseradish, too.

I've never tried Löwensenf as I usually go for Bautz'ner instead, but I might get a tube of it the next time.

Another lovely one is the Swedish DRUVAN SENAP. They sell it in IKEA and it's a hotdog-style mustard, but (IMO) better than the American ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I love really strong mustard - the burns your nostrils type :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Well I'm French so it has to be French. God, I love my mustard !
    I buy Maille of course, here in Ireland, but if in France, Amora is a good brand too.
    I just got a stock of the French Lidl mustards, and they're lovely, the ones that come in a 3 pots pack : you get the shallot one (hhhhhmmm, heavenly twang), the standard one, and a herbes de provence one, that's nice too.

My favourites would be the plain ones, or the Tarragon one (and in French it's Estragon in case you're ever in France). Tarragon is SOMETHING ELSE. Not strong, but the flavour....

I tried a blackcurrant (pink !) mustard too, but that wasn't exceptional, nice for a change with a bit of strong red (game?) meat allright, in small doses.

Hey, all of you mustard lovers, since you've read that far, you get a reward : quick recipe for goooooorgeous chicken.
    Make a paste with a whole jar of Maille mustard (plain, smooth), some rosemary, some butter (a tablespoon full), and a bit of salt.
    Baste some chicken sticks/wings/legs with the paste, use lots of it, baste the chicken on all sides. Place that in a baking tray, and cook for ... ages, until mustard is gone brown (not burnt, but well brown). Boootiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AnotherTool

Simply cannot beat Lakeshore mustard. It's the shizz... Unreal dijon and various wholegrain mustards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Colemans English is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Colemans is good, spread loads for it to be nice and hot.

I've also tried Welsh Red Mustard, its hot and sweet. Worth checking out; lovely with cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Depends on the food doesn't it?

Good beef/stake then the best is the old mix it up ourself Colmans English Mustard and spread nice and thick, woooow the flaaaaavour.

Lidl Frankfurter from a tin, well you didn't make any effort with the food so why make any effort with the Mustard, half a jar of "French" mustard per frankfurter will suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Ahh, fúckin delighted once i voted how high it was for english mustard, the forum would have had no credibility if french, or god forbid, american mustard came in ahead.

3 to 4mm thick english mustard, on 1cm thick baked ham, on 3cm fresh white vienna roll.

Mmmmmm, Christmas is almost here:D

183444.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Coleman's wholegrain mustard. Nyom nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

English mustard on a ham sandwhich;)... why is there even need for other mustards to exist I ask...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Ready made Colemans English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Frenchs American and Colemans English are both great

I've never had Dijon or any of the Lakeshore brand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Lakeshore Hot Irish is lovely, if you like Colemans, you'll like the Lakeshore

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Like loads of different mustards, really like Dijon, really like hot English, love this stuff

Ein-echter_Bautzner.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

colemans mustard ftw!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Colman's English Mustard...no other has that bite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How effective would mustard for cleaning your teeth?
    Does it really prevent tooth decay?
    Is there no end to what mustard can do?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Beruthiel wrote: »
    How effective would mustard for cleaning your teeth?
    Does it really prevent tooth decay?
    Is there no end to what mustard can do?!

Interesting questions to which I have no answers........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

Kamis - Red mustard
    Prymat - Russian's
    Roleski - Horseradish
    Devely - Dijon
    Pudliszki - Cossack's
    Lidl - Parsley Dijon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Tom75 wrote: »
    Kamis - Red mustard
    Prymat - Russian's
    Roleski - Horseradish
    Devely - Dijon
    Pudliszki - Cossack's
    Lidl - Parsley Dijon

Where do you get the Red Mustard Tom? always wanted to try it

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

If web translation was correct:

Musztarda SAREPSKA - SAREPSKA mustard

brassica juncea
    indian mustard
    agrovoc
    rai
    brown mustard
    red mustard

You can find this mustard in every polish shop (Tallaght, Clondalkin) and I'm sure in other as well.
    In these stores you can find about 30 (if no more) different mustards. Different tastes, ingredients, makes - in my opinion start from most expensive one (about 0.80-1.2eur per jar)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisakelly01

I voted English

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Why wasnt dijon on here!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Whole grain mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Why wasnt dijon on here!?

Meh! Dijon has it's uses but to me it's more like a mayonnaise with a bit of mild warmness mixed in. (My tastebuds are shot).

Edit: Just noticed the poster has been banned for trying to promote Dijon mustard.. rightly so. shoulda stuck to the English.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thors_Beour

american style mustard is what I'd prefer it has the taste but its not hot so it won't burn the mouth off you and its amazing on a toasted bagel with ham and cheese :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ok out of curiosity, and feeling bad for slagging off dijon mustard earlier, I bought lakeshore french mustard (thinking that dijon=french).
    French not bad but im still wondering is it a bit vinegary!

Advertisement