Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty BO Servers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 teg23

But surely with such high pings, HC feels like core???;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Guys, the Boards.ie Team Deathmatch server is up. It's running on softcore at the moment, can't be changed until I get my grubby hands on the game :)

Boards.ie 18 slot Ranked Team Deathmatch
    IP: 173.199.77.39:3074

Me Inc/pYk 18 slot Ranked Hardcore Team Deathmatch
    IP: 173.199.77.81:3074

Just looking at the config, certain weapons and killstreaks can be banned from server, but again, can't be changed until I get the Rcon control panel that comes with Black Ops (yeah, don't ask why, just the way it is)

Anyways, enjoy and I'll see ye tonight! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just looking at the config, certain weapons and killstreaks can be banned from server, but again, can't be changed until I get the Rcon control panel that comes with Black Ops (yeah, don't ask why, just the way it is)

Anyways, enjoy and I'll see ye tonight! :)

If you're pre-ordered/preloaded the rcon tool should be available now on Steam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Spear wrote: »
    If you're pre-ordered/preloaded the rcon tool should be available now on Steam.

I haven't, getting it at midnight at GAME, so it'll all be changed then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

teg23 wrote: »
    But surely with such high pings, HC feels like core???;)

True, Core offpeak times hardcore peak times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Dcully wrote: »
    They refuse to address the issue and ive no other real option apart from eircom.
    Pings of 250-400 are common for me at peak times :( sick of being kicked from servers for high ping :(
    Pings of 400 will feel great compared to the laggy bag of sh1t that MW2 was :pac:

Pings of 400 will feel great compared to the laggy bag of sh1t that MW2 was :pac:

Agreed mate, i can play BC2,MOH for example with high ping no problem, MW2 is totally unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Lethal Brigade non-HC server, located the new jersey so we can kick some american a$$:
    216.155.140.194:3074

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

its anyone having laggs on all servers??

chrabo wrote: »
    its anyone having laggs on all servers??

Hell yeah, rightly pissing me off! lost 4 ranks because i lagged out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Game runs like a piece of **** atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

spend 1,5h outisde gamestop in the rain and this idiots again make servers crap!!!

Counter Strike 1.6 rulez :D

chrabo wrote: »
    spend 1,5h outisde gamestop in the rain and this idiots again make servers crap!!!

Counter Strike 1.6 rulez :D

They should have done a open beta to iron out these f***ing server bugs!

allen175 wrote: »
    They should have done a open beta to iron out these f***ing server bugs!

Apparently its the Steamcloud ****ing everything up because of server lag.

Haven't had any major issues so far

oooh well la di da!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

At least ye can all play the ****ing game, I'm sitting here like a ****ing tool, I bought off steam and pre loaded it and I'm not allowed play it. ****ing joke.

I'd guess you have a Quad Core?

Main problem seems to be the game is burning out people CPU's. Pretty much as soon as I join a game I get 100% CPU usage. Only 200mb of ram is being used by the game which is kinda strange. 60% GPU usage. Anyway, the game is totally unplayable for until they patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

game mode could be a bit all over the place atm will sort it out later

ip:173.199.77.211:3074

unless they fix this lag crap out soon, i don't think i will be playing it, it sucks right now, can't do crap!!

they really f***ed this game up, would have been alot smarter to do a beta, now they have just screwed themselves over!

• Advertisement

allen175 wrote: »
    unless they fix this lag crap out soon, i don't think i will be playing it, it sucks right now, can't do crap!!

they really f***ed this game up, would have been alot smarter to do a beta, now they have just screwed themselves over!

I agree. How did they manage to **** the engine up so royally? I get 250 FPS in CoD4 and I used to get 100 stable on 1920x1080 with full settings in MW2. I struggle to get over 50 in this and most of the time it's under 30 with freezes every 2-3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Console port :) Im sure they'll patch the pc version soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 teg23

Major problems with this release so far - have managed to play 2 full games and have had umpteen crashes/freezes, some requiring a hard reset...bad form to have so many problems on a big release.
    System should be more than capable - q6600 (@3.2), 2 Gb RAM, GTX 275, X-Fi Xtreme Audio, XP, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Game is the biggest piece of **** I've ever played, never before have I played something that lagged so bad, and my hardware is well capable of running anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had one game...no lag at all and fps ran nicely..then again I'm running it on crossfired 5870s.
    Audio- How the fúck can Treyarch continously fúck up the audio in COD when they're given a perfectly good engine to begin with...COD5 might have been a decent game but when your guns sound like someone farting I gave up after a while.
    Bought it instore but got to play one game and can't play it now since I get the steam bullshít "downloading stats" and hanging on the bloody thing.:mad:

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Had one game...no lag at all and fps ran nicely..then again I'm running it on crossfired 5870s.
    Audio- How the fúck can Treyarch continously fúck up the audio in COD when they're given a perfectly good engine to begin with...COD5 might have been a decent game but when your guns sound like someone farting I gave up after a while.
    Bought it instore but got to play one game and can't play it now since I get the steam bullshít "downloading stats" and hanging on the bloody thing.:mad:

Theres loads of people with seriously high spec having major issues.
    Also plenty with no real issues.

It's not GPU's that are causing issues, mainly people with Dual Cores (75% of PC gamers) that are having problems.

Boards.ie Team Deathmatch server has been full all day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

This will sound like a noob question, but how the heck can I find the boards servers?! I tried filtering, I tried adding Cherryghost to my friends list and joining the game, but for some reason join game is disabled. Can anyone help a brother out?!

• Advertisement

Sanjuro wrote: »
    This will sound like a noob question, but how the heck can I find the boards servers?! I tried filtering, I tried adding Cherryghost to my friends list and joining the game, but for some reason join game is disabled. Can anyone help a brother out?!

It should be there under server list. If not, launch the game and go to friends in the bottom right, you can join Steam friends from there

Advertisement