Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty BO Servers

Options
  • 26-10-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Ok getting close to release now. The Irish Guard will have a server up from day one, more than likely running CTF and maybe SAB depending on score limits.

Any other PC gamers getting the game that might be interested in joining our server shout here, or indeed any other PC clans that are getting servers add them here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what spec laptop would be needed to play this ?

i used to play quake and the likes on my old desktop but have not played on the pc for a good few years ?!

just wondering if its worth going back to playing on the pc again

i have intel duo 2.4 gh , 4 gb ram and a 19 inch screen laptop with geforce 9700m gt graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fairy, I'll be playing from day 1 (and I've got the Wednesday off work) so I'll be up for some CTF action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

2smiggy wrote: »
    what spec laptop would be needed to play this ?

i used to play quake and the likes on my old desktop but have not played on the pc for a good few years ?!

just wondering if its worth going back to playing on the pc again

i have intel duo 2.4 gh , 4 gb ram and a 19 inch screen laptop with geforce 9700m gt graphics card

http://www.cod7blackops.com/?49-pc-minimum-system-requirements-revealed/
    Direct2Drive has revealed the minimum system requirements that you will need to play Black Ops on your PC. These aren't "official", but should be legit since it's from D2D:
    OS: Windows XP, Vista or 7 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
    Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better
    Hard Drive: 12GB
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
    The requirements have gone up since Modern Warfare 2. Your PC now needs to have a two/three core processor, MW2 only needed one. Memory requirements have gone up from 1GB to 2GB and you will also need a better graphics card. (Or you could buy a Xbox 360 or a PlayStation 3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I've returned to pc gaming after my xbox crapped itself so will defo be looking to play with some irish lads online.Not particulary keen on sabo but CTF is a bit of craic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill be grabbing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I hope you enjoy it on release. Just moved house and wont have BB again until at the earliest the 11th of Nov, so will miss the whole release day fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I can confirm there will be an 18 slot Boards.ie server

And also I'll be renting a server, not sure what handle is going under it as of now

EDIT: The Fighting Irish are getting a server too, possibly 2 servers, not sure at the moment. Irish Esports should be getting one but not confirmed. 1st-IB are probably not getting one but not ruling them out yet. Lethal Brigade will possibly be getting one. Theres another 18-20 lesser known clans I'm chasing down at the moment

Cool Cherry, lets get all the IP's together. Also consider an honour system for spots as I'd imagine all servers will be full to capacity.

For example if someone bounces a message to me in Steam looking for a spot on our server if its full, and I can kick a non boards/tig member then I'll have no problem doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I can confirm there will be an 18 slot Boards.ie server

And also I'll be renting a server, not sure what handle is going under it as of now

EDIT: The Fighting Irish are getting a server too, possibly 2 servers, not sure at the moment. Irish Esports should be getting one but not confirmed. 1st-IB are probably not getting one but not ruling them out yet. Lethal Brigade will possibly be getting one. Theres another 18-20 lesser known clans I'm chasing down at the moment

Yes Lethal Brigade will be getting one, i pre-ordered a 18 slot ranked for us the other day. Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

I have an 18 slot going up too - fingers crossed its good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭weisses

Will all the servers be hosted in London ??

mine is hosted in new york since most of the guys in my clan are american. 100ms ping to new york for me, and its not bad.

weisses wrote: »
    Will all the servers be hosted in London ??

All UK and Ireland will more than likely be based in London. Dedicated servers can only be purchased from one company, Gameservers. I have asked re dedicated servers in Ireland and got no where fast I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

[BTC] have an 18 slot server pre booked as well . I will throw up the Ip as soon as I have it . It will probably be running CTF also .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've set up a Boards.ie + Clans Teamspeak 3 server.

IP: ts61.gameservers.com
    Port: 9152
    No password

Any clan wishing to add a channel on the server, feel free to PM me :)

The latest Teamspeak can be downloaded here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 zoe11

I am looking for 3 people to help me revitalize my old international clan.

http://www.ugn-gaming.com

I want to start with 1 full slot server.

The website and forum are already in place but I need to update them both to Black Ops.

The 3 Co. Owners will have to pay an equal share of the server fees until such time that we can get established and recieve enough donations to cover the fees.

You will have full access to the game servers and admin status on the forum.

Any questions, just ask.

Can we swap steam ID's here? Most of my steam friends are not getting the game on launch so I want better friends :p

My id is apesh1t. I'll be playing from Tues evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can we swap steam ID's here? Most of my steam friends are not getting the game on launch so I want better friends :p

My id is apesh1t. I'll be playing from Tues evening.

Cherryghost has a Steam group up, so joining that will show plenty of other Steam users:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68806078&postcount=21

Spear wrote: »
    Cherryghost has a Steam group up, so joining that will show plenty of other Steam users:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68806078&postcount=21

Nice one, I'm in. 25 in the group currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

-1PARA- will have approx 5 servers for BO's.
    All will be HC, anti bunnyhop, anti tubes/noob weps.
    Will post info later. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Sounds like a good few Irish servers will be around, hopefully they will be up for a while unlike the BC2 servers. Can't wait :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Joined there! Gonna play some Modern Warfare to get up to scratch. Been 2-3 months since I last played.

Treyarch has thrown up the server browser. Looks nice

189795753.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1289221176&Signature=dRYH1RtFu1E%2Fa2xm4YccEc10SjQ%3D

Ok guys, the boards.ie server. What mode and H/C or not?

EDIT: Also, looking to assign some admins to the server besides myself

Non HC is my vote mate, personally i find HC makes every weapon feel the same as folks die so quick it makes little difference what weapon you use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

Personally I would like HC, but I've a feeling the majority will want core.

I'm more of a HC fan myself too, but I don't mind either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

hey

If u want to check your pc or laptop can run cod:bo i use this link
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

greate website.

Cu at server around 1 PM :D

The server i am putting up will be non-HC, not sure on the game modes yet, i think a week of testing to find the best game modes will be in order.

• Advertisement

I just have one wish for these servers, please dont have a low ping kick, my connection slows down to snails pace in the evenings due to congestion, fcuking eircom.
    They refuse to address the issue and ive no other real option apart from eircom.
    Pings of 250-400 are common for me at peak times :( sick of being kicked from servers for high ping :(

Advertisement