Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

4 stars (good)
    Hey guys. I am freaking out. Went for a 3 mile run there and one of my runners disintegrated. Basically the sole is hanging off it now. What should I do? I know I have to buy new runners but what read that you should do at least 50 miles in your new runners before the race. Will it be a problem having only 5 or 6 miles done in them before the race?
    Similar situation caused by a bored dog for me last week! here's the thread with some pretty good tips, as mentioned above wear new ones as mush as possible, I'm sitting here now with shiny new runners on, don't really go well with suit trousers though!
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Not sure if this has been posted already, but useful course video to familiarise you with the roads!Makes you realise how long it actually is:p

http://dublinmarathon.ie/general_course.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

4 stars (good)
    Hey guys. I am freaking out. Went for a 3 mile run there and one of my runners disintegrated. Basically the sole is hanging off it now. What should I do? I know I have to buy new runners but what read that you should do at least 50 miles in your new runners before the race. Will it be a problem having only 5 or 6 miles done in them before the race?

Buy the same brand/size again. Don't worry about it.

EDIT: I should say, there isn't much you can do so its a waste of energy worrying about it. I don't think you'll have a problem so long as the shoes aren't tight fitting. If so maybe get an extra half size? All the best.

EDIT EDIT: didn't see others replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

4 stars (good)
    I'll be travelling down the M1 and want to park as close to the start line as possible (I'll be running so it's not a drop off). Does anyone know if there is a handy car park near by? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Jimh

4 stars (good)
    BarneyMc wrote: »
    I'll be travelling down the M1 and want to park as close to the start line as possible (I'll be running so it's not a drop off). Does anyone know if there is a handy car park near by? Thanks!
    I am planning to cross the river at custom house quay and turn left on the south quays and follow the road round to Lombard street and park in one of the parking bays there. If you want a Car park then the Setanta Car Park or Stephen's Green are nearest but I don't know how accessible they will be with the Road restrictions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

was on dcm website but not there anymore(or else i am blind!)
    cheers
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Condo131

4 stars (good)
    The Course Map is HERE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3 stars (average)
    There did use to be a more detailed one of the start finish area as well from what I recall, showed the direction that you should be approaching on foot to get to the bag drop, and where you get out of the course at the end etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IronTractorBoy

I think the map course and detailed start was one of the back pages in the magazine you get at the expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

4 stars (good)
    I don't know I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere last year online. I definitely wouldn't have seen it in the magazine as I wasnt running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Jimh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3 stars (average)
    That is some fancy weather widget RTE have gone and spent some money on there. It's doing IP checking as well 'cos it knew I wasn't in Dublin.

Looks chuffing cold though for Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

4 stars (good)
    Just saw the itinerary for the weekend has been put up on the official website:
    http://dublinmarathon.ie/DublinMarathon2010-WhatsOnTimetable.pdf

Getting close now ladies and gents :eek::eek::eek::eek:

3 stars (average)
    Bez Bing wrote: »
    Just saw the itinerary for the weekend has been put up on the official website:
    http://dublinmarathon.ie/DublinMarathon2010-WhatsOnTimetable.pdf

Getting close now ladies and gents :eek::eek::eek::eek:

My aim is to make it back to Merrion Square in plenty of time for the prize giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

robinph wrote: »
    That is some fancy weather widget RTE have gone and spent some money on there. It's doing IP checking as well 'cos it knew I wasn't in Dublin.

Looks chuffing cold though for Monday morning.

Dont worry, you can huddle up to thousands at the start line to share some body heat, and deep heat, body glide and Difene!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

4 stars (good)
    robinph wrote: »
    My aim is to make it back to Merrion Square in plenty of time for the prize giving.

My aim is to make it back to Merrion Square . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

Can anyone advise as to who are the next pacers under 4hrs?
    Is it the 3.30 group or is there a 3.45 group...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

4 stars (good)
    There are 3.45 pacers too :)

3 stars (average)
    There was a post somewhere recently in this thread I think with a listing of the pacers and how to use them, search is failing me for now though.

Anyone wanting to print of their own pace band for any specific time they are aiming for can do so from here:
    http://www.marathonguide.com/fitnesscalcs/PaceBandCreator.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

what do you all think of the finishers t shirt?

• Advertisement

3 stars (average)
    Is it really gong to be a short sleeve this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Wow, that's certainly a departure from previous years.

Is it a technical t-shirt or a cotton one? Am hoping for a cotton one - I love my 2006 long-sleeve cotton one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

4 stars (good)
    Jeez....I put Bodyglide under my arms in error this morning....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

The Hammer wrote: »
    what do you all think of the finishers t shirt?

Do you know whats on the back..if anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

4 stars (good)
    digger2d2 wrote: »

Are you wearing your compression top to work again? :rolleyes:

3 stars (average)
    I could do with a couple more long sleeve technical ones. Got plenty of short sleeve ones though so a cotton short sleeve wouldn't actually be a problem...and would be a touch warmer for the Monday night drinking session.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

digger2d2 wrote: »

That's OK so long as you didn't eat a fist full of gels for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

pdiddyw wrote: »
    Do you know whats on the back..if anything?

Ive no idea, seen this on the Dublin Marathon Facebook this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

I am not doing the marathon this year. Best of luck to everyone who is running it, Hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Probably a bit late for this, but something that showed up in the papers

And the calculator can be found here.

Have a look, but you might not want to change your habits for Monday.

Advertisement