Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow..youngest mother ever was 5 years old

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Read the article again you will see that the child started her period when she was 8 months old! But according to a different article it was 2 and a 1/2 years old.

yeah, i know that, but sure, it wouldn't have made any difference...
    Amazing that she survived the birth of her son at all and that her son lived around 30 or 40 thats pretty good though. Is it possible though she might have been a surrogated mother for her parents or something??

could have been immaculate conception either? :eek: omg imagine that?!

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Read the article again you will see that the child started her period when she was 8 months old! But according to a different article it was 2 and a 1/2 years old.

Amazing that she survived the birth of her son at all and that her son lived around 30 or 40 thats pretty good though. Is it possible though she might have been a surrogated mother for her parents or something??

That's called precocious puberty and it's rare enough. It's possible, given the year and the socio-economic background, that the mother didn't know what it was. In fairness, I'd wager that a mother today, well-educated etc., still mightn't realise -- I know my brain wouldn't leap to pregnancy if it was my (hypothetical) five year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

hilarious :rolleyes:

The 'Smyth's' reply was in response to this line:
    gary223 wrote: »
    I did not know this. I didn't think it was possible below like 12 tbh.

It was a sarcastic joke I suppose, poking fun at that line and nothing more.

If I just wanted to be a dick to the OP, and yet say pretty much the same thing, I could have wrote:

'Yeah, sure kids under 12 get pregnant all the time, guess that's why Smyth's sell prams and buggies? :rolleyes:'

I wasn't joking about that specific girl Tea, sure I know little or nothing about her or that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

yeah, i know that, but sure, it wouldn't have made any difference...

:/

Come to think of it, an immaculate conception could have happened! Its possible...Insemination or IVF if doctors knew of such a thing back then, maybe it was an experiement she went under with drugs to bring on fertility etc???!

OMG any of the above mentioned could have happend!?? Ya but with a mother, she would have to been worried though if she noticed it was odd if her baby was bleeding in her nappies though???

She obviously just started puberty at a very young age. Her body didn't have a chance to keep up with all the development. I mean she must have been thinking like teenager but still look as a child. Weird, you think she would have had some kind of growth spurt and been taller for her age and been more hairy??? All the things that usually happen when starting to become a woman should have been more noticed by the parents!

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The 'Smyth's' reply was in response to this line:

It was a sarcastic joke I suppose, poking fun at that line and nothing more.

If I just wanted to be a dick to the OP, and yet say pretty much the same thing, I could have wrote:

'Yeah, sure kids under 12 get pregnant all the time, guess that's why Smyth's sell prams and buggies? :rolleyes:'

I wasn't joking about that specific girl Tea, sure I know little or nothing about her or that case.

yeah well, i'm like a psychopath today and your post pissed me off! :o

• Advertisement

Come to think of it, an immaculate conception could have happened! Its possible...Insemination or IVF if doctors knew of such a thing back then, maybe it was an experiement she went under with drugs to bring on fertility etc???!

OMG any of the above mentioned could have happend!?? Ya but with a mother, she would have to been worried though if she noticed it was odd if her baby was bleeding in her nappies though???

She obviously just started puberty at a very young age. Her body didn't have a chance to keep up with all the development. I mean she must have been thinking like teenager but still look as a child. Weird, you think she would have had some kind of growth spurt and been taller for her age and been more hairy??? All the things that usually happen when starting to become a woman should have been more noticed by the parents!

well i was taking the piss...

i'm sure the parents noticed snuggles, however, that would not have stopped her being raped and becoming pregnant would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

knird evol wrote: »
    its like the joke about the northside dublin version of the Fairy Liquid ad

"Mummy why are your hands so soft"?
    "My hands are soft because I'm twelve"
    There was a nice cartoon-like picture of this on www.dublinscumbags.com
    Website is now long gone, pity, it was hilarious...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

Or she was raped. :rolleyes:

well i was taking the piss...

i'm sure the parents noticed snuggles, however, that would not have stopped her being raped and becoming pregnant would it?

No, I guess not.

milf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

After reading the article it is possible but rare of course. My God that child had no life at all. Seriously how did she not look more womanly though??? It has to be a hoax though! She must have had the menopause early and died young though if she had started 'being a woman' when she was only a baby, its not normal like though. She just started being a woman very young thats all really. You think that sort of thing wouldn't happen like.
    How did she manage to get pregnant and want to have sex at that age, is madness!

She's still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

This is crazy. I feel very sorry for the poor girl.

Demonique wrote: »
    She's still alive

You are joking right? She must be like in her 70's nearly in her 80's at this stage! Not many people would have lived into that age after starting puberty and having a child so young how did she cope with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

milf

The above quote coupled with your location has just made me realise you're Gary Glitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

How did she manage to get pregnant and want to have sex at that age, is madness
    !

Cmon man- Obviously she was being Sexually abused !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Seriously how did she not look more womanly though???

How did she manage to get pregnant and want to have sex at that age, is madness!

She had started her period, started developing breasts and had pelvic widening.

It's pretty obvious that she was raped.
    Come to think of it, an immaculate conception could have happened! Its possible....

Oh, for crying out loud!!

Immaculate = spotless, clean, free from sin. It refers to the conception of Mary. Remember the Hail Mary prayer? "Oh Mary conceived without sin, pray for us"

Mary was spared from original sin (what baptism washes away) so that she would be worthy to carry the son of God. Which is known as the "Virgin birth" NOT the Immaculate Conception.

Oh, for crying out loud!!

Immaculate = spotless, clean, free from sin. It refers to the conception of Mary. Remember the Hail Mary prayer? "Oh Mary conceived without sin, pray for us"

Mary was spared from original sin (what baptism washes away) so that she would be worthy to carry the son of God. Which is known as the "Virgin birth" NOT the Immaculate Conception.

i was obviously joking...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I get it was a joke but the term was the wrong one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Time of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Gerardo was raised believing that Medina was his sister, but found out at the age of 10 that she was his mother.
    - wiki

Awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Young girls can become pregnant, just like some young boys sport facial hair or deep voices at age 2/3. It's rare but it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Terry wrote: »
    I read this years ago in the Guinness book of records, or some other reliable thingy.
    It's true. It's damn true.

Ahh, the good old Guinness Book Of Records, encouraging people to do silly things to try and beat the record.
    5 will be a toughie to beat.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

galwayrush wrote: »
    Ahh, the good old Guinness Book Of Records, encouraging people to do silly things to try and beat the record.

But I'm having great fun trying to beat it! :D

oh! really? i always thought that immaculate conception was referring to the conception of jc! ye learn something new etc.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Gary Glitter claimed in court he thought she was at least 17...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

galwayrush wrote: »
    I would like to apologise for that.
    I'm really sorry that I read it in that book.

I had no choice. I'm from Leixlip. It's the original home of Guinness, and we are forced to read that book and drink porter from a young age.
    I can't say too much in case they figure out my identity. Let's just say that we are subjugated by Diagio and forced to consume their products to the point of alcoholism. It's hell, man. Pure hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

- wiki

Awkward.

'Pass me the milk please. And oh, btw, I'm actually your mother.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Millicent wrote: »
    She didn't understand what was happening and ended up playing with her dolls (as you'd expect with a child that age) and neglecting the child who, IIRC, died fairly soon after.

I went from being really sad for the poor girl, to nearly choking laughing at your idea that the kid would be left to her own devices to raise the infant.

Doctor: "Ok Miss X, you're good to go, if you could just sign these forms.. what do you mean you can't write? What do you mean you don't even know how to phone a taxi?"

She could have shared the bath with a wanker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

She could have shared the bath with a wanker!

(googles to make sure this isn't possible)

Advertisement