Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow..youngest mother ever was 5 years old

Options
  • 04-10-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Link
    Medina was brought to a hospital by her parents at the age of five years due to increasing abdominal size. She was originally thought to have had a tumor, but her doctors determined she was in her seventh month of pregnancy.

I did not know this. I didn't think it was possible below like 12 tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Happens all the time, that's why Smyth's toy stores also sell prams and buggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

That's just crazy! She was 5 years old??? :eek: My God! That is absurd impossible like! :confused: The youngest mother I thought was 11 or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Happens all the time, that's why Smyth's toy stores also sell prams and buggies.

hilarious :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

its like the joke about the northside dublin version of the Fairy Liquid ad

"Mummy why are your hands so soft"?
    "My hands are soft because I'm twelve"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

hilarious :rolleyes:
    I laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Naturally, the youngest mothers could be 11 or 12, but I think we all know, life is full of suprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

lol...reliable lookin' site :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

I googled to check if it was true. Google is NEVER wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Dunny! wrote: »
    Ah c'mon...I can edit Wikipedia...

That site has more innacuracies than (funny government comparison joke)

• Advertisement

Einstein wrote: »
    Ah c'mon...I can edit Wikipedia...

That site has more innacuracies than (funny government comparison joke)

But the internet is never wrong. :pac:

It is true however...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Dunny! wrote: »

So her daughter is also her half sister if she was raped by her father:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I read this years ago in the Guinness book of records, or some other reliable thingy.
    It's true. It's damn true.

After reading the article it is possible but rare of course. My God that child had no life at all. Seriously how did she not look more womanly though??? It has to be a hoax though! She must have had the menopause early and died young though if she had started 'being a woman' when she was only a baby, its not normal like though. She just started being a woman very young thats all really. You think that sort of thing wouldn't happen like.
    How did she manage to get pregnant and want to have sex at that age, is madness!

Terry wrote: »
    I read this years ago in the Guinness book of records, or some other reliable thingy.
    It's true. It's damn true.

Kurt Angle?:cool:

After reading the article it is possible but rare of course. My God that child had no life at all. Seriously how did she not look more womanly though??? It has to be a hoax though! She must have had the menopause early and died young though if she had started 'being a woman' when she was only a baby, its not normal like though. She just started being a woman very young thats all really. You think that sort of thing wouldn't happen like.
    How did she manage to get pregnant and want to have sex at that age, is madness!

i would imagine she was raped...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Yeah, this one is true and really sad. She didn't understand what was happening and ended up playing with her dolls (as you'd expect with a child that age) and neglecting the child who, IIRC, died fairly soon after. They never found who raped her either. Horrible case.

ETA: The son survived till he was middle-aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

reminds me of the story of that bloke who was pregnant with his dead twin.

Millicent wrote: »
    Yeah, this one is true and really sad. She didn't understand what was happening and ended up playing with her dolls (as you'd expect with a child that age) and neglecting the child who, IIRC, died fairly soon after. They never found who raped her either. Horrible case.

I think he lived to about 30. Thats what I read somewhere, died of a bone disease.

i would imagine she was raped...

Oh the poor thing. Talk about trying to take advantage of a child that knew no better at that age, horrible thing to happen. The poor girl, and her poor son like. Awful neglect of the child if they didn't find out she was expecting until she was 7 months like, how did the mother not know would she not have known from the nappies when she was 8 months old???
    Beyond bizzare. In the 1930's you wouldn't think that sort of thing happens. Usually they wouldn't have started becoming a 'woman' until well into their teens around those days. Different story now though, ages 8 and upwards seems to be norm these days.

Not too funny about the prams and buggies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

Millicent wrote: »

I am at a loss for words. Feel like I am going to be sick actually. Horrific. ****ing hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Oh the poor thing. Talk about trying to take advantage of a child that knew no better at that age, horrible thing to happen. The poor girl, and her poor son like. Awful neglect of the child if they didn't find out she was expecting until she was 7 months like, how did the mother not know would she not have known from the nappies when she was 8 months old???
    Beyond bizzare. In the 1930's you wouldn't think that sort of thing happens. Usually they wouldn't have started becoming a 'woman' until well into their teens around those days. Different story now though, ages 8 and upwards seems to be norm these days.

Not too funny about the prams and buggies!

:confused: wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

gary223 wrote: »
    I think he lived to about 30. Thats what I read somewhere, died of a bone disease.

Are you sure? I was almost certain he died very young. Googling now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

00112984 wrote: »

Jesus!

gary223 wrote: »

It would appear you are correct sir! Lived to 39/40, according to that snopes link. Amazing actually that he survived a birth like that. O.o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Durty bitch :pac:

• Advertisement

:confused: wha?

Read the article again you will see that the child started her period when she was 8 months old! But according to a different article it was 2 and a 1/2 years old.

Amazing that she survived the birth of her son at all and that her son lived around 30 or 40 thats pretty good though. Is it possible though she might have been a surrogated mother for her parents or something??

Advertisement