Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Twee. wrote: »
    FINALLY a dress I like for my 21st :D:D Ordered it tonight, but as still gonna hit Kildare Village (or Kil Vill, cheers Hermione!) and Naas on Monday, incase this one isn't nice on. Party is tomorrow two weeks, so not much time!
    image1xl.jpg
    Very plain, but if I stick with it, I've got my eyes on some pink and red shoes ;)

I ordered that dress before in the bottle green colour but I sent it back :( as it looked miles too short on me, hopefully you'll have better luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Needed something to keep the rain out to go under jeans so got these in Schuh for €11.50 - soo comfy!

3503186550_lg.jpg

It was only after I got them home I realised they were supposed to be for men :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

cc-offe wrote: »
    I ordered that dress before in the bottle green colour but I sent it back :( as it looked miles too short on me, hopefully you'll have better luck!

Awh no :eek: Can I ask what height you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got these in Dunnes Stores today for €9

PA010003-1.jpg

Also, got a long sleeved Navy top (got the same top in Pink, Black and White) similar to these, but with a slightly different neckline. Mine were €5 each.

204743410.tif&tmp=newlook_prodStandard&clipcolor=FFFFFF

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

bought these today , 45 with a friends discount :P images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAic3TpnNhgYPyuHyIEqc1ez194fWT3tEu3Hzk6MKq0O5FBG8&t=1&usg=__UnO8nJVtDGNnErs9EDyw0Bsx69Y=

• Advertisement

Awh no :eek: Can I ask what height you are?

Sorry Twee, I meant to come back on to edit the post to edit to add my height but completely forgot, anyway I'm 5 ft 7 but the model in the pic wearing the dress is 5 ft 9 and it looked shorter on me than her!! But then i've mentioned before on these boards that dresses always seem shorter on me, I must have a long torso or something. It will prob be perfect on you. Did you choose express delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

cc-offe wrote: »
    Sorry Twee, I meant to come back on to edit the post to edit to add my height but completely forgot, anyway I'm 5 ft 7 but the model in the pic wearing the dress is 5 ft 9 and it looked shorter on me than her!! But then i've mentioned before on these boards that dresses always seem shorter on me, I must have a long torso or something. It will prob be perfect on you. Did you choose express delivery?

Haha this is too funny, I think we are the same person :p I'm 5'7" and my torso is definitely longer in proportion to my legs! I chose express, so because of the weekend, I should have it by Tuesday at the latest. Sure we'll see anyway, if it has to go, it has to go back! Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Haha this is too funny, I think we are the same person :p I'm 5'7" and my torso is definitely longer in proportion to my legs! I chose express, so because of the weekend, I should have it by Tuesday at the latest. Sure we'll see anyway, if it has to go, it has to go back! Thanks for your help :)

When did you need it for?

I ordered express ASOS stuff last week, was supposed to be here on tuesday at the latest and there's still no sign of it :(

When did you need it for?

I ordered express ASOS stuff last week, was supposed to be here on tuesday at the latest and there's still no sign of it :(

Oh dear, that's very bad service. Have you contacted them? Dammit we are ladies and we need our new clothes!
    My 21st is on the 15th of October, so I ordered express so that I'd know sooner whether I'd need go shopping for another dress. I'm just gonna keep looking, I can always bring/send a dress back. I'm having such trouble finding a dress, bet you in like three weeks all the Christmas party wear will be in :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh dear, that's very bad service. Have you contacted them? Dammit we are ladies and we need our new clothes!
    My 21st is on the 15th of October, so I ordered express so that I'd know sooner whether I'd need go shopping for another dress. I'm just gonna keep looking, I can always bring/send a dress back. I'm having such trouble finding a dress, bet you in like three weeks all the Christmas party wear will be in :rolleyes:

I sent them an angry email on wednesday (it was supposed to be here on or before tuesday) and I got back one which basically said that they recommend adding 3 days on to the delivery time to make up for any delays, and then they said that they don't actually deliver personally to where I live, so they deliver to the postal system here and then the post service delivers to me. So who knows when I'll get it. They shouldn't allow you to pay for express 3 days delivery if they know that it won't get there in 3 days. Even with the added 3 day extra time it's still late :rolleyes:

I sent them an angry email on wednesday (it was supposed to be here on or before tuesday) and I got back one which basically said that they recommend adding 3 days on to the delivery time to make up for any delays, and then they said that they don't actually deliver personally to where I live, so they deliver to the postal system here and then the post service delivers to me. So who knows when I'll get it. They shouldn't allow you to pay for express 3 days delivery if they know that it won't get there in 3 days. Even with the added 3 day extra time it's still late :rolleyes:

Jeez that's awful! Hope it comes soon for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hi Twee, The express comes by courier I think doesn't it? Have you tried the tracking number they sent you? If you tell me what stage it's at on that I can tell you roughly how long it took to get from that stage to delivery if you like. Asos is pretty slow for delivery compared to a lot of uk sites I find.
    Also if you're friends with asos on facebook a lot of people ask them on the facebook page where their order is and they seem to track it for them pretty quickly.
    Another good thing about asos is the returns are pretty cheap compared to some websites, I think that dress cost me €4 to return.

Haha twee what are we like with our long torsos?:) It's very hard to find dresses to fit isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was in Kildare Village today - and found some nice dresses in Coast

2143401241_fr.jpg E50

And a lovely 50s-style day dress for E80. It will look great in the office with a little cardigan and semi-low shoes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

From New Look:

205007501.tif&tmp=newlook_prodStandard&clipcolor=FFFFFF

From Branch309 (Cork_Girl, your bad influence made me visit the site again!):

4502191220_exlg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Pembily wrote: »

Someone asked how this dress was, I wore it out last night and it's fab, fits quite well, decent quality, good length and I loved it :D:D:D Delivery took just short of two weeks!!! The other one is a bit short :( Not sure what to do with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

Pembily wrote: »
    Someone asked how this dress was, I wore it out last night and it's fab, fits quite well, decent quality, good length and I loved it :D:D:D Delivery took just short of two weeks!!! The other one is a bit short :( Not sure what to do with it!

that dress is gorgeous on u from the pics i saw. amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Been feeling a bit down lately so decided to treat myself to the following for dropping a dress size (more or less) in the last few weeks:

this:

41bUTEVM6bL._SX85_SH35_.jpg

this:

41GaH97ZklL._SX85_SH35_.jpg

(both from M&S)

and this, which isn't on the website but was €21 from Next

dscn0213.jpg

Verrry happy :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Cork_girl wrote: »

I got those as flats a while ago! Absolutely loved them until the soles came off! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

From New Look. Had to buy online because they didn't have them instore.

28mffhj.jpg
    (Saw that someone else bought this as well. Love it)

dc3nh3.jpg

2whih7a.jpg

zslov9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I got those as flats a while ago! Absolutely loved them until the soles came off! :(

The soles came off?! :mad::( that sucks!!!

Cork_girl wrote: »
    The soles came off?! :mad::( that sucks!!!

Tell me about it! I was gutted! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Only bit of my pressie from my bf I'm allowed know in advance as there was so many to choose from in River Island and had to try them on to see how they looked, can't wait to wear it:D:D He's the best!

592188_main?$hero$

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Linguo wrote: »
    Only bit of my pressie from my bf I'm allowed know in advance as there was so many to choose from in River Island and had to try them on to see how they looked, can't wait to wear it:D:D He's the best!

592188_main?$hero$

Oh I so want that hat!!! I got the bear one they had in last year in the cream and grey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I know he's a cutie, reminded us of the creepy polar bear who lives in the freezer in the birds eye ads! Loads of animal hats this year, and gloves too!Also spotted jumpers with animal heads as well so trying to restrain myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

129839.jpg

From Claires Accessories of all places, but the chain is my own as the one that came with it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I got this duffle in a charity shop in Cork the other day for €6.50, yay. Just when I was looking for one too.

600395003FE44AD19FF0B71D519C72AB-0000329149-0001956947-00500L-EE4B2F52334B47EC940476E7CCE81ED0.jpg

The grey's a bit dull though so I've been trying to jazz it up by sewing felt shapes on to the bottom of it. Might do more if I feel like it again, that much was surprisingly time consuming.

Yeah, creepy picture. I'm off to do some spying :pac:

I don't know if this counts or not but my halloween costume arrived at my house the other day!
    It's amazing!

product_detailed_image_435_364.jpg
    http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costume/peacock-costume.html

My boyfriend got a pretty cool one too:

glowmanglobot.jpg
    http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costumes/glowbot-costume-mens.html

• Advertisement

Birthday dress!!!! The Asos one hasn't come yet, so I picked this up today so I have options. It fits like a glove, really like it :)
    5563060577.jpg
    Warehouse, €78, but got it for €64 as they had a 20% off offer!

So think I'm gonna get these shoes to match during the week
    image1xl.jpg
    They're €145 on Asos, but €100 in Cinders on Wicklow Street, Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement