Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive women on nights out.

Options
  • 01-10-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone else noticed how agressive some women seem to have gotten in Ireland lately?

I was out on the town last night and ended up in a club. The place was packed. But anyway every girl that walked past me seemed to feel the need to elbow me in the side or shove me in the back if I was blocking her way at all rather than saying excuse me. It literally happened with about 20 different women :confused: I've always been used to men being aggressive arseholes on nights out but they're generally less gung ho about it as they know they could well get a punch back. Its only in the last few months thought that I've noticed how nasty and rude some women can be with the pushing and shoving. Is it because women think no man will retaliate if they shove them?? Maybe it's just me thought :pac:

Just interested in everyones thoughts.

Just realised I spelt aggressive wrong in the header, ah well !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

Are you sure they are doing it deliberately ? Perhaps with all the alcohol consumed they don't realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

the aggressiveness that i came across was when i was talking to a girl for a while, and then when i was going to the bar, i asked 'so do you want a drink'?
    she went nuts and said "how can you ask that? you should say 'may i'" and then i got a punch in the arm for my troubles.

so that went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

the aggressiveness that i came across was when i was talking to a girl for a while, and then when i was going to the bar, i asked 'so do you want a drink'?
    she went nuts and said "how can you ask that? you should say 'may i'" and then i got a punch in the arm for my troubles.

so that went well!

It could have been worse ballsymchugh...she might have hit you in the family jewels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

so that went well!

Buying a woman a drink? Are you 17 per chance??

That said, you should've given her an elbow to the temple - self defence an all that :pac:

PaulieC wrote: »

That said, you should've given her an elbow to the temple - self defence an all that :pac:

nope!
    i did it out of politeness actually, she wasn't a looker in any sense of the word. so she had everything going for her!

• Advertisement

nope!
    i did it out of politeness actually, she wasn't a looker in any sense of the word. so she had everything going for her!

Fair enough

As a rule of thumb I'll only buy drink for women who're my mates or I'm going out with - and their friends out of politeness.

working in a club twas hilarious seeing fellas buying women drink - spending a fortune, then watching her walk out the door with some handsome fella who nipped in for the steal when she was well oiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

On the occasions this has happened to me its invariably being a young - 20ish - girl,caked in slap and totally rubbered,I dont frequent bars that these creatures go to so its rarely an issue.I have though turned around before and reprimanded them for being that ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Accidently spill some of your guinness on her dress if she pushed hard enough next time:D

People in general are getting much ruder and more impatient imo, its clear on our roads, nights out, queues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Just wondering has anyone else noticed how agressive some women seem to have gotten in Ireland lately?

I was out on the town last night and ended up in a club. The place was packed. But anyway every girl that walked past me seemed to feel the need to elbow me in the side or shove me in the back if I was blocking her way at all rather than saying excuse me. It literally happened with about 20 different women :confused: I've always been used to men being aggressive arseholes on nights out but they're generally less gung ho about it as they know they could well get a punch back. Its only in the last few months thought that I've noticed how nasty and rude some women can be with the pushing and shoving. Is it because women think no man will retaliate if they shove them?? Maybe it's just me thought :pac:

Just interested in everyones thoughts.

Just realised I spelt aggressive wrong in the header, ah well !

they must be French

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Yaeh. Was in the Acadamy last Tuesday for Example. Was Jammers yet some girls thought it was fine to just barge their way around, usually in gaggeling groups and use their elbows to smash you in the back.

****ing bitches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Some young one absolutely cracked her face off my elbow wakling past me....then tried to pin it on me! I was only taking a sup of my pint (which didn't spill a drop!)

Another time, my button got caught in someone's handbag. She just yanked the bag to free herself and broke my button clean off in the process! ****ing biitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

PaulieC wrote: »

What's wrong with offering to buy someone a drink if you're getting on well? I'd offer a to buy a guy a drink if I liked him.

I ended up going to Karma in Galway the other night and it was torture, only lasted 20minutes before we fecked off back to The Roisin. Too many young screaming girls that were nearly kicking you out of the way. The guys were pretty rough aswell shoving past you.
    I think it's mainly an age + alchohal thing. A lot of people that go to those kind of nightclubs in their late teens or early twenties I found are just plain rude. Not all of them of course but the majority.
    I'm 23 so I'm aloud diss my age group :pac:

Flojo wrote: »
    What's wrong with offering to buy someone a drink if you're getting on well? I'd offer a to buy a guy a drink if I liked him.

I responded to the op with why I said this above - never said there was something wrong with it - wann buy somebody a drink go right ahead - my point was, from experience working in bars - alot of fellas are made fools of by women, buying them drink

i was out last night, and was trying to walk through a pretty busy bar and some girl in front of me thought she could easily do the dance through the bar to shyte music dance. her elbows knocked the drink i was carrying and spilt a bit on her. then she turned around and started complaining. should've punched her in the stomach. pre-emptive strike to what wexfordia said could happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I don't think I have this problem, I'm 6'2" so if any girl tried to push me out of the way she'd just hit impenetrable muscle and bounce back. :D

height makes no difference my friend, i'm 6ft, and my default look is just grumpy apparently. judging by the amount of people that tell me to cheer up when i'm feeling just fine anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I find that shít people often congregate at shít, commercial club nights, therefore I avoid them.

In any typical nightclub, there are annoying, self important, aggressive and very drunk people of both sexes.

This isn't a recent thing either, so no, I would not say that women have gotten like this lately.

I love clubbing, but massive clubs which are packed with students, culchies etc. on the weekend, and who play nothing but the same, commercial songs week in week out I avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I don't think I have this problem, I'm 6'2" so if any girl tried to push me out of the way she'd just hit impenetrable muscle and bounce back. :D

Just watch out for the small ones... they'll get you in the nuts! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I find that shít people often congregate at shít, commercial club nights, therefore I avoid them.

In any typical nightclub, there are annoying, self important, aggressive and very drunk people of both sexes.

This isn't a recent thing either, so no, I would not say that women have gotten like this lately.

I love clubbing, but massive clubs which are packed with students, culchies etc. on the weekend, and who play nothing but the same, commercial songs week in week out I avoid like the plague.

Bingo bongo right there. My most regular club night which i attend is the !K club in The Sweeny roughly every second Thursday night. Run by sound heads, frequented by sound heads and playing music i like.

Why go to a hole you don't like when the city if full of options?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Yea but in most Towns in Ireland the only club is the commerical club I was in Karma on Saturday night in Athlone and my god Ive never been in a club filled with so many cnuts pure rude like who push you outta your way to get by you and there was the older crowd in there.

But nobody has manners anymore I hate the way people dont say thank you or hold a door anymore cost nothing to be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

But nobody has manners anymore I hate the way people dont say thank you or hold a door anymore cost nothing to be nice

I agree totally; manners cost nothing. In fact I'm going to start a new thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

From my own personal experience that isn't the case; people always hold the door for others and when I do it, the person says thanks. This gesture isn't common in the rest of Europe, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Not so much pushing but the last night i was out, as i was walking by some girl with my drink she slurped some of my pint:eek: right out of my hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Maybe she liked you? did you talk to her about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

jugger0 wrote: »
    Not so much pushing but the last night i was out, as i was walking by some girl with my drink she slurped some of my pint:eek: right out of my hand....

If ever there was a way into a conversation and perhaps something more that was it....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That's a horrible way to come onto someone!

drink-thief.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

lads, it's not just barging their way around the club, they get away with absolute murder on a night out...when I say "they" I am not referring to all women, just the "professional night-club woman", who basically has a shoite job and lives for her night out, prepares all day for it, loads of make-up and fake tan, maybe hair extensions, accessorised to the max...you know the type, they are everywhere if you frequent the larger more commerical mainstream clubs....anyway apart from barging their way around the club, they generally do other stuff too that I don't approve of like

A) skipping the queue, either sweet-talking the bouncers or sweet-talking some clueless gob****e who lets them step in alongside himself in the queue, the clown thinks he is in as they chat away happily with him in the queue only to ditch him as soon as they get in

B) going to the bar to get drinks: they'll barge in ahead of people who have been waiting, batting the eyelids etc and of course the barman will be taken in by the cleavage and go to her first (see A)

C) they get guys to hand their coats/handbags in for them (see A)

D) they actively seek out a guy to pay for their drinks (see A)

E) if they make a move on you and you don't respond you are either "gay" or they invent something to the bouncers to get you thrown out (has happened to me)

F) they often get in for free or a discount by flirting with bouncers/owner/person on till

G) they'll try to scrounge taxi and food out of you too, you of course will have to queue up and pay for food and taxi while they sit around giggling somewhere or examing their nails or making loud drunken screams about the most inane stuff imaginable

..the worst part is if if you object to any of this stuff then you are the badguy, oh and you won't generally get your end away either

conclusion: stick to the indie underground places, far more interesting people there and the stuff I mentioned (A-G) doesn't tend to happen there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Maguined wrote: »
    Maybe she liked you? did you talk to her about it?

hmmmm really didnt think about that, cant remember what i said to her wasnt too impressed with her at the time, thought it was a bit weird!
    If ever there was a way into a conversation and perhaps something more that was it....

God dammit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

In fairness,most of the above only happens if its allowed to happen.If a bloke is that big of a sap to buy drinks/look after bags/pay for taxis in a vein attempt to get lucky then they deserve it.Maybe its that Im older now that I pass no remarks on the shenanigans of some sections of society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Some drunken and I do mean drunken bitch on the dance floor, slipped. My mate picked her back up by the wrist and the shoulder. She punches him, then he asks "what the fu*k are you doing, I was just getting you on your feet".

Her loving response was... a kick to the stomach followed by me elbowing the... "female" in the jaw and telling the nice lady to keep away otherwise she'll get another for her trouble.

Funny thing is, her friend couldn't have been more apologetic. Hell, even the bouncer said "nice shot" when I left the floor.
    The funny thing is... nobody did anything or said anything negative to me over it. So much for women being little innocent girls, eh? :D

Advertisement