Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive women on nights out.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

donfers wrote: »
    A) skipping the queue, either sweet-talking the bouncers or sweet-talking some clueless gob****e who lets them step in alongside himself in the queue, the clown thinks he is in as they chat away happily with him in the queue only to ditch him as soon as they get in

B) going to the bar to get drinks: they'll barge in ahead of people who have been waiting, batting the eyelids etc and of course the barman will be taken in by the cleavage and go to her first (see A)

E) if they make a move on you and you don't respond you are either "gay" or they invent something to the bouncers to get you thrown out (has happened to me)

F) they often get in for free or a discount by flirting with bouncers/owner/person on till

Nothing like the local then! :D
    Basically the only girls that get "special" treatment is either "regulars" or if something happened (like a fella being a bit too... touchy) with them. Other than that it's fair game. If they hit a bloke they either get hauled out or get hit back.

Although I've had the thing of "HE STOLE ME BLEEDIN' MONEY!"
    and the nice barmaids reply was "that's my boyfriend, do you want to be thrown out". Of course I wasn't her boyfriend but it was funny.
    I know the people that you're on about but if you don't treat them that way, they'll soon leave and you cdan have a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I remember back in 1st year of college, a girl says to my mate at the bar 'will you buy me a drink'. He replies 'grand, what do ya want' and she says whichever, to which he replied 'sound, give me the money so'.

Watching her walk off was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

nedtheshed wrote: »
    In fairness,most of the above only happens if its allowed to happen.If a bloke is that big of a sap to buy drinks/look after bags/pay for taxis in a vein attempt to get lucky then they deserve it.

So... you actively condone the swindling of the less intelligent of society? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Galvasean wrote: »
    So... you actively condone the swindling of the less intelligent of society? :P
    Damn right,if I could find a woman silly enough to buy me drinks you better believe Im ordering a double vodka.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Damn right,if I could find a woman silly enough to buy me drinks you better believe Im ordering a double vodka.:pac:

Jaysus! That's horrible! :mad:

At least get a triple Jack and Coke FFS! Just because the woman is odering doesn't mean you have to be a gentleman! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Damn right,if I could find a woman silly enough to buy me drinks you better believe Im ordering a double vodka gonna marry her!:pac:

FYP for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I remember back in 1st year of college, a girl says to my mate at the bar 'will you buy me a drink'. He replies 'grand, what do ya want' and she says whichever, to which he replied 'sound, give me the money so'.

Watching her walk off was brilliant.

Bit crude this, but years ago I was in Galways for the Races.

We got chatting to some girls in the queue into Boo Radley's.

As soon as we go in the door one of the girls asked (demanded) me to buy her a drink.

I was after a few beers so I just came out and said "Grand, but you have to do something for first". "What?" she says. "Give me a BJ" says I.

Seemed like a fair trade at the time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

the aggressiveness that i came across was when i was talking to a girl for a while, and then when i was going to the bar, i asked 'so do you want a drink'?
    she went nuts and said "how can you ask that? you should say 'may i'" and then i got a punch in the arm for my troubles.

so that went well!

When she started going nuts you should have said "Oh you must have misheard me. I said you look fat in that dress."

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

from a girls perspective, I think it should be half and half. As in yes Ive been bought a drink before from someone I met in a club, but afterwards when we were sitting down, and finished that drink, Id find out what his drink was and offer to get the next round. Seems fair in a way. As for taxi and food, thats terrible and really no guy should put up with that sort of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Flojo wrote: »
    What's wrong with offering to buy someone a drink if you're getting on well? I'd offer a to buy a guy a drink if I liked him.

I ended up going to Karma in Galway the other night and it was torture, only lasted 20minutes before we fecked off back to The Roisin. Too many young screaming girls that were nearly kicking you out of the way. The guys were pretty rough aswell shoving past you.
    I think it's mainly an age + alchohal thing. A lot of people that go to those kind of nightclubs in their late teens or early twenties I found are just plain rude. Not all of them of course but the majority.
    I'm 23 so I'm aloud diss my age group :pac:

You made the grave mistake of going to Karma on a thursday. It's a serious first year night full of "woo" girls. Actually all clubs in galway are seriously "fresh" these days, weekdays are all first year students and saturdays are plagued by secondary school students for feck sake. I think that the rudest groups are kid's in their late teens and them gold diggers in their early 30's who think they're hot stuff because all the hammered idiots are all over them. I'm not generalizing now, I know girls in both these age groups who are in no way rude on nights out but some of them are just horrible. The worst people to be around IMO.

On a related note, when I was walking towards NUIG (I don't go there, on my way to meet my friends who study there) and on the footpath from the cathedral to the college I encountered the rudest people. Me and a friend were walking alongside one another. With a bit of budging 2 groups of 2 can easily pass by each other. The whole 100 or so yards I walked by loads of people and, literally, not a single person budged an inch. I had to walk behind my hand the whole way. It just annoyed me because it wasnt one or 2 people, id was around 30 and none of them even acknowledged our existence. I've become a student that hates students.

Just last night a passing stranger called me a "spa". She was appauled when I turned to her and asked why I should value her opinion and basically called her a child. The worst thing is there's always a fresh faced guy in a stripey blue shirt to hop in and stick up for them to impress them. Worst kind of people, arrogant and rude. Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

The alcoholic underclass of society consuming vast amounts of gargle for hours on end where getting drunk is the end and drinking is the means. The normal rules of society just dont apply in these clubs. Here's an idea. Turn up to a club completely sober. It's an eye opener.

Drinking in both Ireland and the UK is a health time bomb for the younger generation. I's start investing in livers now if I could, they will be like gold in about 10-20 years when every second drunk is looking for a spare one because they have destroyed their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

In my experience, I get a good kick out of girls and guys trying to barge past me and bouncing off. Being bigger than the average joe has it's benefits :)

Also, on the few occasions a girl has been a bitch to me (thrown a drink over me, hit me or slapped me) she's gotten the same back, be it a drink over the head, a love tap to the arm or a wee light slap to the face. If they're big and bad enough to throw it, they're big and bad enough to take it.
    Lantus wrote: »
    The alcoholic underclass of society consuming vast amounts of gargle for hours on end where getting drunk is the end and drinking is the means. The normal rules of society just dont apply in these clubs. Here's an idea. Turn up to a club completely sober. It's an eye opener.

Drinking in both Ireland and the UK is a health time bomb for the younger generation. I's start investing in livers now if I could, they will be like gold in about 10-20 years when every second drunk is looking for a spare one because they have destroyed their own.

This may be part of it... I don't drink so it's much more obvious to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I know the kind of girls you're talking about, believe me. Snotty little cows like that make me laugh, and I actually feel sorry for them. But I'll have to say it does work both ways, some guys can be just as rude and very obnoxious. I blame most of it on drink tbh. It can make already self-obsessed people worse 10 fold.

They aren't worth confronting, or spend anymore time thinking about tbph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Maybe its that Im older now that I pass no remarks on the shenanigans of some sections of society.

I think that's it. I'm only 23 and I went out for the night there last week, and there was quite a lot of shoving and elbowing. It got very irritating very quickly.

But I didn't notice or mind it when I was 19 or 20. Must be getting old... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Timistry

donfers wrote: »
    lads, it's not just barging their way around the club, they get away with absolute murder on a night out...when I say "they" I am not referring to all women, just the "professional night-club woman", who basically has a shoite job and lives for her night out, prepares all day for it, loads of make-up and fake tan, maybe hair extensions, accessorised to the max...you know the type, they are everywhere if you frequent the larger more commerical mainstream clubs....anyway apart from barging their way around the club, they generally do other stuff too that I don't approve of like

A) skipping the queue, either sweet-talking the bouncers or sweet-talking some clueless gob****e who lets them step in alongside himself in the queue, the clown thinks he is in as they chat away happily with him in the queue only to ditch him as soon as they get in

B) going to the bar to get drinks: they'll barge in ahead of people who have been waiting, batting the eyelids etc and of course the barman will be taken in by the cleavage and go to her first (see A)

C) they get guys to hand their coats/handbags in for them (see A)

D) they actively seek out a guy to pay for their drinks (see A)

E) if they make a move on you and you don't respond you are either "gay" or they invent something to the bouncers to get you thrown out (has happened to me)

F) they often get in for free or a discount by flirting with bouncers/owner/person on till

G) they'll try to scrounge taxi and food out of you too, you of course will have to queue up and pay for food and taxi while they sit around giggling somewhere or examing their nails or making loud drunken screams about the most inane stuff imaginable

..the worst part is if if you object to any of this stuff then you are the badguy, oh and you won't generally get your end away either

conclusion: stick to the indie underground places, far more interesting people there and the stuff I mentioned (A-G) doesn't tend to happen there

+1 All this ****e. And if you did score them, sure it would be rape or assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think that's it. I'm only 23 and I went out for the night there last week, and there was quite a lot of shoving and elbowing. It got very irritating very quickly.

But I didn't notice or mind it when I was 19 or 20. Must be getting old... :)

I'm gettin that alright at 22, never feel comfortable in nightclubs anymore, I end up just drinking and smoking to pass the time until my mates are ready to leave

Of course suggesting going to a late bar where you can chill out, listen to decent music that isn't way too loud, sit down and enjoy your drink is out of the question...why you ask?

Because skantily clad drunk women don't hang out in these places

Advertisement