Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Books Wanted / For Sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 3na

hi guys,
    does anybody have first year books for english,spanish and anthropology?especially english...needed asap!!thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

louliewan wrote: »
    Do you still have history books?

Yeah i do. Mail me and tell me what want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

3na wrote: »
    hi guys,
    does anybody have first year books for english,spanish and anthropology?especially english...needed asap!!thanks

I have a few first year English books.. which ones are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Hi I was wondering is there any websites that do brand new or 2nd hand books at cheap prices?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hey!

I have the two geography books needed for first year to sell.
    Both in perfect condition, with plastic covering and no marks on either.

In bookshop, pack is €107.50, I'm selling for €75 for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Looking for The Roaring Girl by Dekker and Middleton second hand. Anyone have it?

Also need Fundamentals of Biogeography by Richard John Hugget
    Biogeography by C. Barry Cox and Peter D. Moore

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 3na

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    I have a few first year English books.. which ones are you looking for?

the book is just called first year english?! nuim actually got parts of various books they use and got them all printed into one book...cant get it anywhere else and the library dont have it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dustfree

any French books out there? I need En Bonne Forme, 8th ed., Les exercises de Grammaire, Niveau A2, French Grammar & Usuage, 2nd ed., Practising French Grammar, A Workbook, Antigone and Modern French Short Fiction......not much then! I'm on campus for the rest of the week so can meet up any day, thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

the book is just called first year english?! nuim actually got parts of various books they use and got them all printed into one book...cant get it anywhere else and the library dont have it!!

That's actually a really clever idea! I don't have it though, sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys I Need some economics accounting and som business books. I need 2 copies of each.

I need business accounting by ifrs.
    I don't know what's the name of the Econs book but I'll stick them here when I know them.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

If anyone has this book could they please sell it to me . . i REALLY need a copy!!
    Thanks!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

dustfree wrote: »
    any French books out there? I need En Bonne Forme, 8th ed., Les exercises de Grammaire, Niveau A2, French Grammar & Usuage, 2nd ed., Practising French Grammar, A Workbook, Antigone and Modern French Short Fiction......not much then! I'm on campus for the rest of the week so can meet up any day, thanks.:)

If you end up having to buy these new then buy from any other bookshop than the one in JH, they're much cheaper elsewhere.

En bonne forme is used right up to third year so you're probably best off buying it new, unless you can get a like-new copy from someone who's just graduated, but I know my own copy is written in and highlighted and has notes written in and such so new would probably be best.

Is french grammar and usage just a suggested book? It's just a grammar and verb pack which you can get much for cheaper in different forms. I have a verb pack and grammar book (two separate books) that I got for like €7 each which do the job perfectly. Ask Michelle the french secretary and she'll help you out and let you kjnow what's compulsory and what isn't.

Before I left Maynooth in May there was second hand copy of Les exercises de grammaire in the second hand bookshop run by the SU in the SU building. Have a look there for the others too, loads of french literature there because it's only needed for one semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 llennocO

Hi,

I can sell you those books, PM me when you get a chance! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I have Principals of economics by Mankiw €15

Economics By BEGG Seventh edition

Learning statistics with real data bruce E trumbo (3 of these) €12 each. as new (needed for data analysis at nuim)

Howard Anton Calculus 5th edition and 4th edition €20 each

Sallis Hill Calculus 9th edition €30

Also have lots of pure math books, And shaums outlines for many areas in maths (Like less stress for college) Ask me more if interested by pm

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Hi Brennra, a friend of mine is looking for the two British Isles books for second semester if you still have those, send me a pm if you have them and want to meet up, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dustfree

If you end up having to buy these new then buy from any other bookshop than the one in JH, they're much cheaper elsewhere.

En bonne forme is used right up to third year so you're probably best off buying it new, unless you can get a like-new copy from someone who's just graduated, but I know my own copy is written in and highlighted and has notes written in and such so new would probably be best.

Is french grammar and usage just a suggested book? It's just a grammar and verb pack which you can get much for cheaper in different forms. I have a verb pack and grammar book (two separate books) that I got for like €7 each which do the job perfectly. Ask Michelle the french secretary and she'll help you out and let you kjnow what's compulsory and what isn't.

Before I left Maynooth in May there was second hand copy of Les exercises de grammaire in the second hand bookshop run by the SU in the SU building. Have a look there for the others too, loads of french literature there because it's only needed for one semester.

thanks, will do that, hadn't thought to actually check with the french dept!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

68508224 wrote: »
    Economics
    1st Year Books

•Economics: European Edition - Krugman, Wells, Grady - €40

hi do you still have the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

68508224 wrote: »
    Economics
    1st Year Books

•Economics: European Edition - Krugman, Wells, Grady - €40

hi do you still have the above.

Hi I also have this book if theirs is gone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

luv-eirexx wrote: »
    If anyone has this book could they please sell it to me . . i REALLY need a copy!!
    Thanks!!! :)

I have this book if you want to pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I think their selling the vol 1&2 books in the second hand bookstore, and the rest of the pack is just novels that you can pick up for a fiver here and there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Looking for Second Year Books
    Media Studies and Spanish

SPA220- Spanish Literature & Culture
    -La Casa de Bernado Alba, Federico García Lorca (Manchester University Press 1996)
    -Historías de la Artámila, Ana María Matute (Barcelona: Destino 2007)

SPA203/204- Language Classes
    -Avancé Nivel Intermedia Avanzado (Green Cover)
    - Actividad para el marco común europeo de referencia para las lenguas

MD203- Key Thinkers
    - Media and Cultural Studies: Key Works, Durham, Meenakshi Gigi and Douglas M Kellner (eds) (Oxford: Blackwell 2006)
    - Key Themes in Media Theory, Dan Laughey (2007)

MD205- History & Theory of Cinema
    - Imaging Reality: The Faber Book of Documentary, Mc Donald & Cousins

MD207- Research Media Skills
    - Researching Communications: A Practical Guide to Methods in Media and Cultural Analysis, David Deacon (2007)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

1st Year Geography & Greek and Roman Civilisation

Introduction to Physical Geography by Charlton & McCarron
    Introduction to Human Geography by Boyle, Gilmartin & McCafferty

I'll let these both go for €50 together

1st and 2nd Semester Greek & Roman books

The Odyssey of Homer by Lattimore
    Homer's Odyssey- a companion guide to Lattimore by Jones
    Hesiod's Theogony and Works and Days by West
    The Romans: From Village to Empire by Boatwright, Gargola & Talbert

The World of Athens: An Intro to Classical Athenian Culture by Joint Association of Classical Teachers
    Plautus Four Comedies
    Cicero Defense Speeches
    Catullus The Complete Poems

These are all in perfect condition and the recommended texts from the department. I'll let them all go for €80

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 keithconnolly

First Year Books for sale , all in excellent condition

Economics:

Economics European Edition
    Krugman, graddy, wells

€40

Business

Organisational Behaviour

Robbins/Judge

€40

Understanding organisations

Charles Handy

€10

Geography

Introduction to Physical Geography

Ro Charlton and Steve McCarron

€35

Introduction to Human Geography

Mark Boyle , Conor McCaffery, Mary Gilmartin

€35

Pm if interested please

Geography

Introduction to Physical Geography

Ro Charlton and Steve McCarron

€35

Introduction to Human Geography

Mark Boyle , Conor McCaffery, Mary Gilmartin

€35

Pm if interested please

Didn't you try to buy these from me last year and say you 'wouldn't pay a cent over €40 for both'? Ye trying to make a profit or something?!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I'm still looking for a copy of Essential Calculus

PM me your price if you're selling a copy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 keithconnolly

Didn't you try to buy these from me last year and say you 'wouldn't pay a cent over €40 for both'? Ye trying to make a profit or something?!

:pac:

Those two books were bought out of the bookshop last year @ 65 each , still have prices on and all

Those two books were bought out of the bookshop last year @ 65 each , still have prices on and all

Ah I'm just having a laugh with ya that I was selling the exact same thing last year but you wouldn't pay €50 for both but now you're looking to sell them for €70 combined :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 burgers

I have all the first and second year history books for sale..
    Also all the first year Irish books and most of the second year ones...
    P.M me for the details!:D

Hi do you still have any second year history books? Damn college bookshop is looking to rip me off...AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

El Pr0n wrote: »
    First year Philosophy book for sale;

An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion, third edition, Brian Davies. Almost immaculate condition, save my name on the inside in biro.

€10?

Now sold :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

How much for Economics: European Edition
    Krugman Graddy & Wells.
    hey i've it in my list for €40,perfect condition

Advertisement