Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 2 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

That's pretty much that, I would say. Almost flawless performance by the Colts tonight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Saw the first half

Good running game from the Colts
    31st in 2008 and dead last in 2009, very unimpressive.Now maybe I've mixed up 2008 and 2009 but I'm certain on the position, very very poor

You can get away with such lack of balance with Peyton Manning but it's an obvious area to be improved

Both Adaii and Brown did well in the 1st half

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

TD Giants!!

(someone has to oppose Davy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Looks like I was the only one who had faith in the Dolphins! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Well Done Tom Cable on bringing in Gradkowski for the 2nd Half!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Well Done Tom Cable on bringing in Gradkowski for the 2nd Half!!!!

Yep, looks like they are really committed to Jason Campbell :D

It will be interesting to see how this plays out given that Al was comparing Campbell to Jim Plunkett a couple of months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fell asleep at HT in the Pats game, disappointed the f'n Jets won :mad:.

Minnesota 0-2 - old man Favre 396 yards - 1 TD - 4 INT's in 2 games for a 56.1 passer rating.

Chicago 2-0 - Jay Cutler 649 yards - 5 TD's - 1 INT in 2 games for a 121.2 passer rating(leads league).

/copies to email and sends to Viqueens friend :D

Bring on the Pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Great win for the Jets in the first competitive game at that magnificent arena.

Would have thought the videotape jibe would be taken as a joke given the exclamation mark. Sense of humour required lads.

Super catch for the Pats second TD in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

J.E.T.S J.E.T.S. Jets Jets

15-1 Baby!!

Ah embrace the insanity of being a member of gang green:D

Delighted for Sanchez and LT looked good again

raven136 wrote: »
    15-1 Baby!!

Lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Lol :rolleyes:

no need for the sarcastic eyes,it was meant as a joke,same as sanchez and ryan did.

no need for the sarcastic eyes,it was meant as a joke,same as sanchez and ryan did.

Don't worry I Lolled and :rolleyes:'d at them too!

Edit: it's the sort of joke that makes a team look bad, tbh.

Don't worry I Lolled and :rolleyes:'d at them too!

Edit: it's the sort of joke that makes a team look bad, tbh.

But they embrace it and brought it guys to go along with those who are talkers and are cocky,Jenkins,LT,Edwards,Holmes,Bart Scott.

Everyone has a problem with the Jets attitude but it works for them and not every team keeps it quiet.

I honestly think it has been blown out of proportion,regarding the amount of talking.As Scott said,they just happen to be on tv show and said nothing that other teams dont say.

I hate the false modesy of most teams and at least the Jets come out and say we think we are better than everyone and if they didnt believe that something would be wrong.

As a Jet fan,i love it.A team that finally matches its Fans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Well said raven:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

There was lots of activity from Patriot fans at the beginning of this thread, a lot of hatred for the Jets, a lot of calling them arrogant (pot, kettle, black anyone?), one of them even mentioned that he couldn't see how anyone was going to beat NE this year.

It all seems to have gone quiet from that corner at this stage. Wonder why that is? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

fisgon wrote: »
    There was lots of activity from Patriot fans at the beginning of this thread, a lot of hatred for the Jets, a lot of calling them arrogant (pot, kettle, black anyone?), one of them even mentioned that he couldn't see how anyone was going to beat NE this year.

It all seems to have gone quiet from that corner at this stage. Wonder why that is? ;)

To be honest it was a good win for the Jets and fair play to them for raising their game and getting the job done. But to be honest I stand by my original conviction on the Jets. I still think they are overrated.

The Pats play calling yesterday in the 2nd half benefited the Jets big time. To go from controlling the game and change our style in the 2nd half killed us. Brady kept throwing to Moss and 2 of his passes to Moss were picked. Had the Pats stuck to the Original game plan by spreading the ball out and not depending on Moss it would have been a tighter finish to the game.

The Jets took advantage of our poor finish to the game and fair play to the cúnts on their win but we are 2 games in and the Regular season is a marathon not a sprint. Beating the Pats still doesn't change my outlook on the Jets at all. It showed me we have a lot of work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

A safety as first score? Was gonna put a fiver on that for the craic. Was 25/1. 2-0 Saints.

But they embrace it and brought it guys to go along with those who are talkers and are cocky,Jenkins,LT,Edwards,Holmes,Bart Scott.

Everyone has a problem with the Jets attitude but it works for them and not every team keeps it quiet.

I honestly think it has been blown out of proportion,regarding the amount of talking.As Scott said,they just happen to be on tv show and said nothing that other teams dont say.

I hate the false modesy of most teams and at least the Jets come out and say we think we are better than everyone and if they didnt believe that something would be wrong.

It's blind arrogance though. If the Jets believe they are going 15-1, they are deluded. If the fans think so they are deluded too. It may be a joke, but it's the kind of joke that causes people to begin hating the jets. That might not be a problem, but if not ... don't act all indignant if you see one or two of these
    > :rolleyes:

I liked the Jets going into last season, but last night I was probably more up for New England. Coming from a Colts fan, that says a lot about the impact Ryan has had on this team. It could be a legacy lasting long after he leaves too.

/My 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think the majority of people in all cases of life would respect a person more for being quietly confident rather than a loud mouth telling anybody who will listen to them how, great they are. For anybody who feels the need to tell you how good they are at something, it reaks of insecurity.

Not to take away from the Jets win, but i dont like how they carry themselves and act, and it sets a bad example. You dont see the Saints (the best team in football at d mo) acting like that, the Saint are a classy organisation, the Jets not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

To be honest it was a good win for the Jets and fair play to them for raising their game and getting the job done. But to be honest I stand by my original conviction on the Jets. I still think they are overrated.

The Pats play calling yesterday in the 2nd half benefited the Jets big time. To go from controlling the game and change our style in the 2nd half killed us. Brady kept throwing to Moss and 2 of his passes to Moss were picked. Had the Pats stuck to the Original game plan by spreading the ball out and not depending on Moss it would have been a tighter finish to the game.

The Jets took advantage of our poor finish to the game and fair play to the cúnts on their win but we are 2 games in and the Regular season is a marathon not a sprint. Beating the Pats still doesn't change my outlook on the Jets at all. It showed me we have a lot of work to do.

Same as, my opinion of the Jets is the same as it was at the start of the season, they are a team who will be doing well to get into the playoffs.

14 games left in the season....its long way to go.

• Advertisement

I think Ryan is awesome. They are either deliver and we get patriots fans going mad or they fail miserably and get to laugh at the Jets. Win win as far as I am concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

cooker3 wrote: »
    I think Ryan is awesome. They are either deliver and we get patriots fans going mad or they fail miserably and get to laugh at the Jets. Win win as far as I am concerned.

What good is the craic if your football team is sh1te though? What Rex Ryan is doing to me is taking the attention off the fact if he fails Jets fans will go:

"Oh isn't he a great coach for getting one up on the Pats and being such a likeable guy."

For me as a Pats fan beating the Jets is a huge bonus if we do it but the ultimate prize remains the same, A Super Bowl win. To be honest his comments don't have me going mad at all just has me face palming every time he opens his mouth and that he is such an attention seeking sap. He should be more concerned about his football team as a coach rather than entertaining people with his mouth, Because if he never wins a bowl and the Jets go down a winding road of fail he is going to look stupid and Jets fans will turn on him like they did Mangini.

SF should be ahead. Two cheap turnovers within scoring distance.

NO with notimeouts though, for some bizarre reason.

SF should be ahead. Two cheap turnovers within scoring distance.

NO with notimeouts though, for some bizarre reason.

They used the timeouts at the end of the first quarter trying to stop the 49ers, who would've had to punt against the wind. But the 49ers converted on third down so it didnt matter.

Well I don't think they are ****e but I don't think they are currently good enough to win the Bowl.

I think he is what the Jets needed after the Mangini era. There is no denying he did extraordinarily well to get them to the championship game and even gave Indy a run for their money for 3 quarters. He is the sort of coach you love as a fan or hate if you're a rival and perfect for a team based in New York. If you consider how fickle Jets fans can be there is no harm in ingratiating yourself to the locals whether it's his natural personality or by design. (I'd imagine it's mainly the former)

Above else as a total neutral I just think he is damn entertaining and has me caring and following the Jets which in my 10 odd years of increasingly following the NFL I barely gave them a 2nd thought bar the Favre trade.

Bad looking knee injury for Reggie Bush.

Wow, what a finish. Smith brings the 49ers level with a TD and a 2 pt conversion (originally ruled short of the goal line, but booth replay overturns it) with a couple minutes left. Then with 1 minute left, Brees brings the Saints within FG range, and Hartley converts despite the 49ers getting a hand to it on the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Some finish. SF's last drive to get them tied was edge of the seat shít. But when Brees has the pressure on he's deals with it Brilliantly.

49ers should have won that. Far too many mistakes from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What good is the craic if your football team is sh1te though? What Rex Ryan is doing to me is taking the attention off the fact if he fails Jets fans will go:

"Oh isn't he a great coach for getting one up on the Pats and being such a likeable guy."

Coach in trying to turn a negative into a positive shocker.

Advertisement