Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 2 thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'd hate to give you nightmares Donkey, but there's every chance you could have to sit through a Jets-Patriots AFC championship game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Syferus wrote: »
    I'd hate to give you nightmares Donkey, but there's every chance you could have to sit through a Jets-Patriots AFC championship game! :pac:

Best to quit Boards while you're ahead Donkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What did you expect? These same Pat's have spend the off-season and this whole week telling everyone how the Jets are actually an average team Sanchez is a poor QB so they need massive theirs egos a bit after the hammering they took when the Jets beat them.
    Sanchez is not a good QB, he had a good day. In fact he seems to enjoy night games much like when he was in USC. I was willing to wait and see this season with him but his performance against the Ravens showed that when pressured he makes bad decisions much too often. There is no fixing that.

He is just like Jason Campbell, that guy who your team signed this summer. I told you that was a mistake but at least they are learning faster than they did with JaMarcus and bencing him after two games. Gradkowski isn't much better though to be fair.

I hope you hate us even more when we get that top 5 pick in next years draft.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Syferus wrote: »

Zero Chance of this, as I said above 1 will not make the the playoff's!

Reacher I'm sorry but to me it seams to me that Jets and Pats fans seem to love to big up their team and make it sound like their world beaters. Well the Jets have the Defence to trouble any team but not the Offence, and the Pats have to Offence to trouble any team but not the Defence. Now combine the two and you get one team that no one could live with and one team that the rams would trash!

Again my opinion, but sure thats what Boards is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sanchez is not a good QB, he had a good day. In fact he seems to enjoy night games much like when he was in USC. I was willing to wait and see this season with him but his performance against the Ravens showed that when pressured he makes bad decisions much too often. There is no fixing that.

He is just like Jason Campbell, that guy who your team signed this summer. I told you that was a mistake but at least they are learning faster than they did with JaMarcus and bencing him after two games. Gradkowski isn't much better though to be fair.

I hope you hate us even more when we get that top 5 pick in next years draft.:D

Thats simply not true about Sanchez performance against the Ravens.Did he even once get a play to throw it downfield?They were too worrried about the 1st/2nd best defence in the league.After one season in the NFL how can you say Sanchez is not a good QB?

Heres some stats for you:23 for 42 passing,3 interceptions and a passer rating rating of 49.1.No,not the useless Sanchez but the great Tom Brady against the Ravens in the playoffs last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think the Patriots have a far better O this year than back then.
    We didn't have a tight end who could block, we now have two of them in Crumpler and Gronk. We didn't have a H-back, we now have Hernandez. These are not just improvements, they are huge improvements.

Fred Taylor is an improvement on everybody we had the in the running game that year. The loss of Faulk now is a problem, we will see how that works out but we only had one option to replace him in 07 and that was Maroney, we now have two options.

As far as receivers are concerned, I think that Tate and Edelman are very special and are way better than Gaffney and Stallworth.

The OL has improved too with Vollmer a huge addition since that time. The loss of Mankins at the minute is a problem but not that big.
    Fair enough, but it's not even the best O in the league this year -- there's at least 2 better than it -- so that doesn't add up, IMO.

Look, you can add up the players and the positions, but at the end of the day, it comes down to performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I can remember a time when people spoke of the Patriots in the same way, and it wasnt THAT long ago :D

So can I ;)

Reminded me of something. Remember those clips Sky sports played every now and again of a particular season. there was one of the late 90's of a player on the sidelines screaming "We are not the indianapolis Colts!!!"

He didn't mean it as a compliment.

Weirdly, carson Palmer said the same thing this season. He meant it differently :D

Advertisement