Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »
    Well, like you say, the subject of the thread is done with. The launch is over and nobody else is going to buy the book. So hence the thread can wander.

I have a feeling it may be running down an evolutionary dead end, however. And it's never too late for a meteorite strike.

What about a climatic shift?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I must admit I've never seen this BC&P thread, or if I did I'd forgotten it.
    That may explain why I was toying with JC so much :o

However, a lot of the posts with JC got posters to provide evidence for
    evolution, there is no loss in doing this, especially in a thread devoted to
    John May & the hope is he'll eventually come across this thread and
    actually read the posts. It's a long shot but at the least the 25,000+ may
    come across these posts :cool:

I don't see how a thread talking about an evolution denier that had posters
    contantly providing evidence for said theory is off-topic?

I don't see how a thread talking about an evolution denier that had posters
    contantly providing evidence for said theory is off-topic?

You're bursting my bubble that evolution is my religion and that I accept it on faith.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Dades wrote: »
    Well, like you say, the subject of the thread is done with. The launch is over and nobody else is going to buy the book. So hence the thread can wander.

I have a feeling it may be running down an evolutionary dead end, however. And it's never too late for a meteorite strike.

I suppose in an ideal world what I would prefer is for the John May thread to go stale (and any relevant news that does crop up in future to be posted here) and for a new, completely ridiculous creationist vs evolutionist thread to emerge as a standalone car-crash that I can completely avoid.

As it stands, I guess I can just completely bow out of this thread forever. If something relevant does turn up though, someone send me a PM ;)

P.S. I appreciate the irony that my off-topic rambling (and possibly unintentional back-seat modding) is probably as against the charter as what I'm complaining about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Originally Posted by Dades

Malty_T
    What about a climatic shift?;)
    ... would a Worldwide Flood qualify?:pac:

Improbable wrote: »

How about you justify statements like:

Originally Posted by J C
    the 'fossil record' is obviously a record of burial in Noah's Flood
    ... how about billions of dead things buried in rock layers laid down by water all over the Earth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

J C wrote: »
    ... how about billions of dead things buried in rock layers laid down by water all over the Earth?
    ................um. JC......About that evidence you want. Please clarify as per my several requests

Thanks

................um. JC......About that evidence you want. Please clarify as per my several requests

Thanks
    JC.
    I have politely asked a number of times as to what evidence for evolution you would accept and very rudely and unchristian like you have ignored my question.
    Im sure most folk here would love to be able to help you but as I've already said we have a problem:
    If you are going to either swat evidence away with your bible because the evidence conflicts with its contents
    or
    You will dismiss other wise valid scientific evidence as an elaborate hoax/ conspiracy
    Then in what format will you accept evidence?

Please answer.

(Edit - Christian like)

Remember?

Thanks
    Some evidence ... any evidence ... for 'Pondkind to Mankind Evolution' would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm sick of this, I'm sinking down to the creationists level

If god created us 6000 years ago:
    • Why do we have wisdom teeth?
    • Why are mens balls on the outside? Serious design flaw there!
    • Why do we have an apendix?
    • Why do so many people have heart attacks?
    • Why can't he design a hip? Every old person needs their hip done.
    • Why did he give us a coccyx?
    • How come we don't grow an arm back like a lizard does?
    • Why does he keep inventing diseases?
    • Why do men have nipples?
    • Why are some people born deformed?
    • Why do so many people need glasses?

Some evidence ... any evidence ... for 'Pondkind to Mankind Evolution' would be nice.

Jesus H tap dancing Christ JC. Stop dodging and ducking and diving like a demented dingbat (I know you appreciate alliteration)
    You are the only one waffling on about pondslime to mankind like it actually means something.
    I would like one of your epic answers, with or without coloured text and smilies detailing how any rational person is required to present evidence which will fit through your double layered filtration system. You know the one;
    (1) If its not in The Boys Big Book of Boll*x Biblical Fairy Tales' its not getting in.
    or
    (2) If it is actually scientific evidence then its a lie/hoax/conspiracy/discrimination/ (insert paranoid ref' here)

WHAT DO YOU WANT?.

Oh and on a side note wasnt Creation Science created in exactly the same way as the science behind the FSM and Pastafarianism. That being that you create the science to accommadate the subject matter?
    Only with less humour?
    BUT PLEASE ANSWER THE BIT ABOUT THE EVIDENCE FIRST PLEASE!!!!

Paparazzo wrote: »

Because as we get older we get wiser.
      They are PERFECTLY designed to keep sperm at the PERFECT room temperature for fertility and PERFECT sex.
      The fall.
      The fall.
      The fall
      The fall.
      The fall.
      The fall.
      So they can be stimulated and we can enjoy PERFECT sex.
      The fall.
      The fall.
    :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Ghost Buster: The problem is that the only way for J C to answer your question is by admitting that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Paparazzo wrote: »

Originally very good ... now not so good ... because of the Fall.
      There is no design issue ... and women like them that way!!!:)
      Gives Evolutionists something to scratch ... when they are thinking!!! :eek:
      Provides peri-natal gastro-intestinal protection.
      Poor lifestyle and diet ... no pump that man could design a 'fist-sized' pump that beats 101,000 times a day. During a lifetime it beats about 3 billion times and pumps about 400 million litres (800 million pints) of blood.
      Not every old person ... but old age and death are a direct result of the Fall.
      Essential for proper bipedalism and as an anchor for essential muscles.
      Proof that we didn't 'evolve' from Lizards.
      Disease and death are a result of the Fall of Creation.
      Common design.
      Mutations.
      Ocular degeneration from a perfect Creation over time since the Fall.

Ghost Buster: The problem is that the only way for J C to answer your question is by admitting that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpWVk3h2SA8

?
    The power of music eh!

wrote:

The Evolutionist answers:
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Theistic Evolution :eek:
      Evolution
      Evolution
      Evolution :pac:

:pac:

Why is JC dodging my ernest request as to what form he will accept evidence in?
    He likes the place his head is in and wants to stay there forever?

Why is JC dodging my ernest request as to what form he will accept evidence in?
    He likes the place his head is in and wants to stay there forever?
    Touché

... show me .... and everyone else da monay!!!

i.e. some ... any evidence for Evolution.

• Advertisement

Touché

... show me da monay!!!

What does that mean?
    Will you answer or not?

Jesus H tap dancing Christ JC. Stop dodging and ducking and diving like a demented dingbat (I know you appreciate alliteration)
    You are the only one waffling on about pondslime to mankind like it actually means something.
    I would like one of your epic answers, with or without coloured text and smilies detailing how any rational person is required to present evidence which will fit through your double layered filtration system. You know the one;
    (1) If its not in The Boys Big Book of Boll*x Biblical Fairy Tales' its not getting in.
    or
    (2) If it is actually scientific evidence then its a lie/hoax/conspiracy/discrimination/ (insert paranoid ref' here)

WHAT DO YOU WANT?.

Oh and on a side note wasnt Creation Science created in exactly the same way as the science behind the FSM and Pastafarianism. That being that you create the science to accommadate the subject matter?
    Only with less humour?

This is what i asked just a few posts ago. It was only the most recent of many. You are quite impolite sir.
    And yes I have become impolite but Im not as blessed by Christ as you are :-)

This is what i asked just a few posts ago. It was only the most recent of many. You are quite impolite sir.
    And yes I have become impolite but Im not as blessed by Christ as you are :-)
    The Ghost is Busted!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

As such an eminent scientist, philosopher and theologian as well a proponent of intelligent design could JC please explain redshift and the presence of introns.

This is a serious question to which I would appreciate a well constructed and serious answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

robindch wrote: »
    For comparison, here he is from a few years back before his mutton chops went white and before it seems he started developed what seems to have become be a fairly cold and nasty hatred of non-creationists:

Looking at that looper just reminds me of the Bill Hicks quote

“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

or

WHAT DO YOU WANT?.

Only with less humour?
    The Ghost is Busted!!!:)
    Pathetic, truly pathetic. You are essentially Bobby Henderson but without the humour or irony. You believe in your spaghetti monster, noodly appendages and beer volcanos.
    http://www.venganza.org/

Fluffybums wrote: »
    As such an eminent scientist, philosopher and theologian as well a proponent of intelligent design could JC please explain redshift and the presence of introns.

This is a serious question to which I would appreciate a well constructed and serious answer.
    The explanation for red Shift (courtesy of AIG) is as follows:-
    The red-shift of starlight is a decrease in the energy of the light. This energy decrease results in a lengthening of the wavelength of the light, measured with an instrument called a spectrometer. Red is the rainbow color with the longest wavelength, hence the name "red-shift." Stars do not actually become red in appearance since the wavelength change is usually slight. Almost every star and galaxy is found to be red-shifted. The following list summarizes some of the alternative explanations for the origin of this stellar red-shift.

1. Stellar Motion. If a star moves outward from the earth, its light energy will be reduced and its wavelength stretched or red-shifted. Stars and entire galaxies show varying amounts of red-shift, therefore implying a variety of speeds for these objects. Police actually use this same effect with radar to measure the speed of cars. Stellar motion is often taken as evidence in support of the Big Bang theory. Stars are assumed to be speeding outward as a result of the explosion. This is not the only explanation of red-shift, however.

2. Gravitation. As light leaves a star, the star's gravity may slightly lengthen the wavelength of the light. A gravitational red-shift could also result from starlight passing near a massive object in space, such as a galaxy. As the light escapes from a strong gravity field, it loses energy, similar to what happens to a person struggling to the top of a mountain.

3. Second-Order Doppler Effect. A light source moving at right angles (tangentially) to an observer will always be red-shifted. This can be observed in the laboratory by using a high-speed turntable. A detector is placed in the center and a gamma radiation source is placed on the outside edge. The gamma energy is seen to decrease, or "red-shift," as the turntable speed increases. This is an intriguing explanation for stellar red-shift. When applied to stars, it implies that the universe may be in circular motion instead of radial expansion.

4. Photon Interaction. It is possible that light waves exchange energy during their movement across space and lose some energy in the process. A loss of light energy is equivalent to a "reddening" of its light. A theoretical understanding of this proposed "tired light" process has not yet been developed.

Any of these four explanations, alone or in combination, may be responsible for red-shift. We do not know enough about space to be certain of the source of stellar red-shift.

... and there are anomalies which indicates that red-shifts may not be connected with recession velocities and so may not be a reliable index to distances in an expanding universe after all.
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/TJ/v11/i3/quasar.asp

Fluffybums wrote: »

Oi!! Join the cue.:D
    Ive been asking for and answer to a very basic question for pages now. Jc keeps asking for evidence but wont accept evidence in any recognised form.
    He keeps dodging and looking increasingly pathetic and troll like but hey.... I can persist so long as he look dumber and dumber with each dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Malty_T wrote: »
    :eek::D

You weren't far wrong with those answers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

The explanation for red Shift (courtesy of AIG) is as follows:-
    The red-shift of starlight is a decrease in the energy of the light. This energy decrease results in a lengthening of the wavelength of the light, measured with an instrument called a spectrometer. Red is the rainbow color with the longest wavelength, hence the name "red-shift." Stars do not actually become red in appearance since the wavelength change is usually slight. Almost every star and galaxy is found to be red-shifted. The following list summarizes some of the alternative explanations for the origin of this stellar red-shift.

1. Stellar Motion. If a star moves outward from the earth, its light energy will be reduced and its wavelength stretched or red-shifted. Stars and entire galaxies show varying amounts of red-shift, therefore implying a variety of speeds for these objects. Police actually use this same effect with radar to measure the speed of cars. Stellar motion is often taken as evidence in support of the Big Bang theory. Stars are assumed to be speeding outward as a result of the explosion. This is not the only explanation of red-shift, however.

2. Gravitation. As light leaves a star, the star's gravity may slightly lengthen the wavelength of the light. A gravitational red-shift could also result from starlight passing near a massive object in space, such as a galaxy. As the light escapes from a strong gravity field, it loses energy, similar to what happens to a person struggling to the top of a mountain.

3. Second-Order Doppler Effect. A light source moving at right angles (tangentially) to an observer will always be red-shifted. This can be observed in the laboratory by using a high-speed turntable. A detector is placed in the center and a gamma radiation source is placed on the outside edge. The gamma energy is seen to decrease, or "red-shift," as the turntable speed increases. This is an intriguing explanation for stellar red-shift. When applied to stars, it implies that the universe may be in circular motion instead of radial expansion.

4. Photon Interaction. It is possible that light waves exchange energy during their movement across space and lose some energy in the process. A loss of light energy is equivalent to a "reddening" of its light. A theoretical understanding of this proposed "tired light" process has not yet been developed.

Any of these four explanations, alone or in combination, may be responsible for red-shift. We do not know enough about space to be certain of the source of stellar red-shift.

... and there are anomalies which indicates that red-shifts may not be connected with recession velocities and so may not be a reliable index to distances in an expanding universe after all.
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/TJ/v11/i3/quasar.asp

And introns??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement