Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who the hell dumped that dog

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Who the hell dumped that dog,was on the train back from ***** yesterday and my daughter rang me saying there's a big black dog and it won't go away from the house,so i got home an seen this thing more like a horse and it kept on howling,an i said to my daughter where did that monster come from she said someone with a pick up truck stopped at the end of the cul-de-sac an threw the poor thing out..
    so i tried to hush it away an it started growling at me so i said to feck with this,tried to ring an emergencey service to pick it up but to no avail,all an all i rang the guards they came out an tried to ring an emergency service but to no avail either...
    There it was howling all night right outside the ***** door,rang the pound between 9.30 and 10.30 an he got onto someone else,low and behold the rspca came out an yer man would not go near this dog,if ya ask me it was a cross between a great dane and a rothweiller,so he got a few sausages and injected it with a sedative,he gave the dog 3 times over the max dose an do ya think the dog with go asleep ..no way yer man tried to put that thing around his neck and it went for him,
    bout half an hour later her back legs start goin"rite says ur man i'll give the noose another try..no way did not work either,so he made a decision to call the guards an for them to get the army out to shoot it on the spot"it was just to big...cops came and they waited a big longer for the sedative to kick in and it did phew i said i didn't want a dog shot in my garden****
    the dog warden said he was gonna have another try with the noose and the 2 cops behind him with tazer guns,TBH it was like a scene from a movie when the cops come in with the guns held in front of them"the warden got him in the noose and the cops followed with the tazers but the poor dog didn't do much as the sedative kicked in but not fully as the dog was struggling like hell...the 2 cops were about to tazer the poor oul thing an the warden stopped them sayin there was no need...

To end this story if anyone seen that open back van around the ********** area gimme a shout..hopefully these people will be caught and brought to justice or if you have an idea who owns this dog lemme know

Description : Female

Black with sort of whitish spots huge paws and big floppy ears and droopy jaws and kinda oldish..

i should have took a photo but just didn't think sorry

Edited for particular reasons ::

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

That's absolutely horrific. I hope they get what is coming to them. Lots of animals being abandoned during the recession unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

:( this makes Candy sad :( If you find you cant afford a pet then find the time to give it to some nice owners. Seriously, there is absolutely no need for animal abandonment/cruelty ever! things like this make my blood boil! Most animals cant fend for themselves like us, we have to look after them in some way no matter what.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Can you not entice it into a wheely bin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

sorry forgot to add it looked like it only had pups about a month ago,i only coped on that the only reason it stayed at my ****** is cause i left a ****** outside it an it filled up with water during the rain..that water probabally saved it's life :mad:

edited for particular reasons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Evidently the OP does not appreciate the karmic aspect of their username :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

She was probably terrified and/or may have come from a puppy farm and not been properly socialized.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

definition of tldr

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Good story there OP. It'd be ridiculous if they'd had to get the army to shoot a dog....only in Ireland! It's the fella that threw him out of the truck that should've been shot

just bein chattin to the neighbour an he said wait till his girlfriend comes home,she didn't get the reg but only the colour she seen what happened..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

• Advertisement

excellent stuff i got them cheers..i mean the PM's

How beautiful and nice life would be without some stupid people without compassion and imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RandomUsername

I saw the van during the weekend , the poor dog caged up in the back and an undesirable at the helm wearing a sleveless vest , It's a white pickup Transit on UK plates , Reg from memory is **05 *** , I'll keep an eye out for it and post up full reg if i see it again ,I saw it in Deoghuisce

excellent stuff as the neighbour describes it a white pick up thanks for that info

I just hope this guy wont treat more dogs this way. (i dont think it was the first one- just hope the last).

by the time i am finished it will be his last

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Now that you mention pick up truck, I think I saw this pass through the main Galway Road in Tuam about a week ago. I remember thinking to myself that the dog was f**kin' massive! But it wasn't in a cage or anything. It was just sitting in the back looking fairly happy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

And seeing as the Vehicle was a particular sort make sure the revenue know that the owner is avoiding paying the VRT and Irish Road tax on it too.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/2010/pr-230810-vrt-ncts.html

( from 1 september)
    From now on an individual has seven days to book an appointment and 30 days in which to finalise registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Bring the planet clogging scumbag who did this all the way to the court. That way, we'll all know where he lives and he'll be sure never again to come within an asses roar of any animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

By the sound of him, I'd say he has "no fixed abode", is unemployed but can spend €60k on a wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

That is disgusting. The poor animal :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Must be a traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Must be a traveller.

How is this statement useful to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

inisboffin wrote: »
    How is this statement useful to anyone?

It's nice to segregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi

where is the dog now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    It's nice to segregate.

I'll leave you to it so I suppose. Best I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I was so sad to read your story...I've always been an animal lover and having just got a puppy last month I can honestly say that it is beyond me how cruel people can be. This "person" posed a threat to both the dog and your family. The poor dog must have been so confused and scared as I'm sure your daughter was too. Absolute scumbag, hope he is caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

heartless bastards. given that's its a female and may have had puppies recently, possible she a cast out from a puppy farm and dumped cos not suitable for 'designer'/forced breeding anymore?

ffs people who dump any animal deserved to be dismembered and castrated piece by piece, being shot is too kind. I've had the experience as a child of witnessing a dog conveniently dumped in my parents area, if I'd known a bit better then I would have gotten all the details of the car and reported them. We always ended up taking in whatever strays were about.

hope they catch the cruel bastards.

ok i just thought i would fill ya all in,i found where he live,who he is his reg of the van the works thanks to somebody on this forum..i will be ringing the dog warden tomorrow....i will fill you in more when i ring him :D had no time to do it today

oh yeah he is a traveler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

DOTHEDOG wrote: »

oh yeah he is a traveler

I refuse to believe this...

Advertisement