Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

da__flash wrote: »
    o did gay finally kick the bucket?!?!:D:P

I presume he's dead, havent seen him in years and bar the occasional soundbite from the RSA, there's very little evidence that he is in fact still alive. Sorry Gay if it turns out youre not dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

made it to rte:

Three men quizzed about YouTube video

[URL="javascript:showPlayer('road_youtube_av.html')"] [/URL]Tuesday, 20 July 2010 20:08
    Three men have been questioned by gardaí about a video posted on YouTube, which shows a group of young men from Nenagh, Co Tipperary, driving dangerously on a country road.
    The Road Safety Authority has described the footage as 'shocking' and 'reckless'.
    [URL="javascript:showPlayer("/news/2010/0720/newsspecial2_av.html?2790591,null,230")"]RSA Chief Executive Noel Brett[/URL] said he was furious, outraged and horrified by the driving behaviour.
    Advertisement

He also appealed to parents to be on the lookout for signs that their children were engaged in this kind of activity.
    In the video, the registration plates of the cars are clearly visible. So too are the faces of the young men involved, who are each identified by nickname.
    At the end of the video they show an email address offering to make other movies.
    Public Against Road Carnage Spokeswoman Donna Price said she was shocked by the contents of the videos.
    A garda investigation is under way and so far two vehicles have been seized and three men have been questioned.
    Gardaí said in general they take strong action against any behaviour that endangers life on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

sonyair wrote: »
    made it to rte:

Three men quizzed about YouTube video

Tuesday, 20 July 2010 20:08
    Three men have been questioned by gardaí about a video posted on YouTube, which shows a group of young men from Nenagh, Co Tipperary, driving dangerously on a country road.
    The Road Safety Authority has described the footage as 'shocking' and 'reckless'.
    RSA Chief Executive Noel Brett said he was furious, outraged and horrified by the driving behaviour.
    Advertisement

He also appealed to parents to be on the lookout for signs that their children were engaged in this kind of activity.
    In the video, the registration plates of the cars are clearly visible. So too are the faces of the young men involved, who are each identified by nickname.
    At the end of the video they show an email address offering to make other movies.
    Public Against Road Carnage Spokeswoman Donna Price said she was shocked by the contents of the videos.
    A garda investigation is under way and so far two vehicles have been seized and three men have been questioned.
    Gardaí said in general they take strong action against any behaviour that endangers life on the roads.

Enter NGA on a white steed.

Well done to those involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

BravoMike wrote: »
    The place where they pull up at the end is know as the Twomilegate. It is in Ogonnelloe, a common mistake made by a lot of people.

it out killaloe:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Its amazing what a wee phone call here and there can start :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Again well done to all involved, it was a featured video on Youtube there for two days during the week. Absolutely disgusted when I saw it, especially in the wake of the deaths in Donegal.

I'm been critical of Gardai for certain actions in the past, but well done to all involved. If this was seen everyday, some of the image problems the force has encountered in the past would be completely reversed. Keep getting eejits like these off the roads and people will appreciate it, and even if you're not Traffic Corps, keep them off the railings at the corner shop as well!

But really, its often been [humoursly] said that an IQ test should be part of registering to vote, judging from the amount of muppets like those lads on the roads, it should be made part of the driving test as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Me and my friend were having a few bottle's of corona each yesterday afternoon opposite his apartment down by the canal before goin to the comedy festival and were stopped and searched by two very sound undercover Gardai,who after finding no lumps? on us said that they didnt mind us havin a few beers as long as we threw them in the bin when we were finished.

Just wanted to say cheers to them,its not often that you hear of peoples positive experiences with the Gardai but I was pleasantly surprised!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Me and my friend... were stopped and searched by two very sound undercover Gardai,who after finding no lumps? on us...
    You sure they weren't undercover doctors? ;)

Seriously though, if you cooperate when you're stopped and just let them do their job, the vast majority will give you that respect back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    If those lads keep that up... well I hate to say it but Darwin's theory will eventually kick in.
    I think the Darwin awards refer to those who are good enough to remove themselves from the gene pool. These guys will probably only kill someone else with these antics.

At the end of the clip, these apes have thrown Darwins theory on its head by returning to the water, where "there" limited "breading" suggests they belong.

Maybe a master race of boy racers who can drive with "there" leg out the window and count to three could, in time, dominate the briney deep. Maybe...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's time to come home deadwood. Just knock at the door and you'll receive a warm welcome.
    deadwood wrote: »
    I think the Darwin awards refer to those who are good enough to remove themselves from the gene pool. These guys will probably only kill someone else with these antics.

At the end of the clip, these apes have thrown Darwins theory on its head by returning to the water, where "there" limited "breading" suggests they belong.

Maybe a master race of boy racers who can drive with "there" leg out the window and count to three could, in time, dominate the briney deep. Maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Garda Armed Response Unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

psni wrote: »
    It's time to come home deadwood. Just knock at the door and you'll receive a warm welcome.
    That's gone right over my head,psni.:confused:

That's gone right over my head,psni.:confused:

I think psni was logged on when he was on the wine.....but its something to do with your spelling....the first link sent ya to spell czechs forum and the P.M......i havn't a balls notion what that was about...:rolleyes:

Maybe a master race of boy racers who can drive with "there" leg out the window...

Spell Czechs would be delighted to have you as a member with this sort of passion for spelling and grammar.

It's a private forum, so just drop Tar.Aldarion a PM asking for access, and you'll be in great company.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ouch. :)

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Ouch. :)

What? I've got access and I think it's a great place to learn the bits and pieces you might have forgotten. Very helpful when you consider our statements and notebooks are picked apart piece by piece for such simple errors in the witness box!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

biko wrote: »

it's not just in Sweden that they dance like this you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

*waits for kerry4sam's new dance video* :D

more smooth moves from are own

• Advertisement

redsurfer wrote: »
    more smooth moves from are own

Is it just me...or does something shout FAKE in my face.....not issue boots or no shoulder numbers...same with the belt...and high-vis too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Is it just me...or does something shout FAKE in my face.....not issue boots or no shoulder numbers...same with the belt...

I bloody well hope so......

I bloody well hope so......

It is, GPO is way too quiet even for a real quiet night;)

i say you are right and they are fake but still,, funny :D:D:D:D:D

Is it just me...or does something shout FAKE in my face.....not issue boots or no shoulder numbers...same with the belt...and high-vis too

From a movie or tv show. been around a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I don't know where they're trying to go with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I don't know where they're try to go with this.

Jesus christ woman if you spent less time looking for abnomalies in the law and just paid your ****ing car tax the happier we would all be.

I believe all gardai should be issued tasers just for these idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When I saw 'Freemen' I stopped the video, as I don't want to waste 2 minutes of my life....

Not your ornery onager

Daily rounds on de youtubez found this.

• Advertisement

Advertisement