Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayTV Discussion (reasonable discussion ONLY!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just after reading your rant about Irish Tv. Buy a dictionary

Ah! why bother when I have you to correct me? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 imissplaytv

Can't believe ye all. So this is the reason my favourite tv programme is off air. it's all down to ye lot. I loved it and i think ye did too. I miss the Lauren and Aoife and of course i miss JG (oh and the crazy redhead too, can't remember her name now though) I wondered where all the complainants came from and now i know after reading this thread. I miss the regular callers sure they were like family to me. Oh Mary and her doing so well out of it. Bet shes not too happy with ye either. Is there any chance ye might all get together and look to get it back on. There is three of us older ladies that got together two or three times every week to watch it. We use to have sleep overs in each others houses and drink a few whiskeys before we'd start ringing in,ah sure we had great times, our phone bill were crazy but we had nothing much else to do with our pensions, bingo is no good anymore when ya cant smoke, so we looked forward to Playtv. If ye decide to have a go at getting it back on, count the three of us in to support ye all the way. Think about it anyway cos as im sure ye know, ye are powerful people.

Can't believe ye all. So this is the reason my favourite tv programme is off air. it's all down to ye lot. I loved it and i think ye did too. I miss the Lauren and Aoife and of course i miss JG (oh and the crazy redhead too, can't remember her name now though) I wondered where all the complainants came from and now i know after reading this thread. I miss the regular callers sure they were like family to me. Oh Mary and her doing so well out of it. Bet shes not too happy with ye either. Is there any chance ye might all get together and look to get it back on. There is three of us older ladies that got together two or three times every week to watch it. We use to have sleep overs in each others houses and drink a few whiskeys before we'd start ringing in,ah sure we had great times, our phone bill were crazy but we had nothing much else to do with our pensions, bingo is no good anymore when ya cant smoke, so we looked forward to Playtv. If ye decide to have a go at getting it back on, count the three of us in to support ye all the way. Think about it anyway cos as im sure ye know, ye are powerful people.

Not sure how to take this, sarcasm irony? Ye should organize outdoor Bingo during the summer months so ye can smoke. We wouldn't mind the show continuing if it was fair.

Damn new dictionary got me thinking sarcasm was irony. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Re the above's message - get the feeling you work in TV3 or your names might have an Eileen or Peter ring to them....(excuse the pun) !!!

If you are either of these two individuals, you will know what i'm talking about, you sure would want it back on, as you made a small fortune on poor gullible people!

Great the sun in out, am going to plant a few plants now!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

TV3 are still hurting from our win some 3 months ago. Their plants are still busy posting crap.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Can't believe ye all. So this is the reason...

...ye are powerful people.

116744.jpg

Paranoia springs to mind!!!!!

Is that you Maureen? Or even David?

Paranoia springs to mind!!!!!

See this thread is just like Play TV.

Haddockman wrote: »
    Is that you Maureen? Or even David?

No, not Maureen or David even, guess again Bond!!!

You're good, no doubt about it.:D

• Advertisement

I rest my case.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Style reminds me of IGUY (T*)

[...although there could be another whose name I can't recall at this time.]

All TV3 sympathisers in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

I miss all the good moments on playtv :o

How long is a moment?

Elmo wrote: »
    How long is a moment?
    ;) :eek:

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Style reminds me of IGUY (T*)

[...although there could be another whose name I can't recall at this time.]

Bond is good, damn it!!

But Auld-yin you're in a league of your own!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Elmo wrote: »
    How long is a moment?

About as long as a piece of string! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I hate to admit it but there are still some nights when I come in from a night out and I have a momentary urge to "see what madness is on Play TV tonight" and then remember with a slight touch of melancholy that we got rid of it ;)

Probably because it was around this time of year that it started first, wasn't it?

Ironically, their website is still up and has no mention of the aforementioned events:
    http://www.playtvireland.com/

EDIT: In other news, when did James Bond become Captain Haddock? :D

About a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

i miss play tv nothing for me to watch now when i cant sleep

The stuff that replaced it is equally mind numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

carolluke1 wrote: »

l_c6a68832cdba42b9b00b96b8bdf579ed.jpg

"Please don't shoot me.....I can't explain the cat on the bus questions either!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Just to say, what a team we still are. :):P:p

Well just a mention on this site that was so active and now a bit lonely. but on it...JUSTICE WAS DONE....

And watching a bit of Brainbox the other night.. did hear a familiar voice, and name from about 25miles north of Dublin..beginning with a C.
    And I just laughed.......really the song say's it very well......"When will they ever Learn".

Triangle Roberto...How's the redhead? Of course you won't be telling us about her!!! and where's JG gone???? he should join Miriam 0'Callaghan and be the co-host on Primetime, (well he would be well informed on a certain topic) so maybe she might even have him on as a Guest...oh i'd love that interview....he could tell the public how he became so knowledgable about a certain colour,(although he might be a be pearly white in that area), (ha ha), an expert in deep freezing, what he puts on his baps, and of course his expertise in wildlife!!!

Jeepers that would make a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They can give Aoife a guest host on Tonight with Vincent Browne now that he is on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

dont know if anyone found some Play TV south Africa but here is some contained in Derval Mellets latest Show Reel.

http://vimeo.com/12531909

Mo mention of the fact that two of the three intermedia shows featured in the showreel have been cancelled. playtv ireland and canada.

It has been impossible to find any footage of the South African show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Starstreak

Haddockman wrote: »
    It has been impossible to find any footage of the South African show.
    Why do you want footage? It seems to be the same production company broadcasting the same stuff from the UK. Recently a local version has come out, which they show on e-TV (free terrestrial channel).

picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=127

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Starstreak

http://bblounge.co.za/picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=117

Here's another from Brainbox (SA).

What I would like to know is how you got them to stop (:D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement