Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely drunk women.

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Was in a situation this weekend where i could easily have 'pulled' this woman i got talking to in a pub.

Long story short, i didn't. Why? She was totally wasted at the end of the night. I'd been talking to her for about an hour & noticed she was hammering back vodka & cokes like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway when it came to the crunch she seemed fairly keen to 'get to know eachother better' she slurred at me. Truth be told, she was only ok to look at (not that im a brad pit look-a-like or anything) & the smell of vodka off her would have made a russian alcoholic gag.

Now i wouldn't have minded a bit of company but this girl was wrecked & i found it a huge turn off to be honest. Also, strangely her friend reacted in a very grumpy/pissed off way when i tried to talk to her??? Looking at me suspiciously as if i was trying to take advantage or something when it was yur one that approached me in the first place!:rolleyes:

Well whats the general opinion on these sort of situations? Would you drive on or would you walk away?

No hilarious i'd ride anything me! replies please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Walk away, fast. Women who are completely pissed are a huge turnoff for me, theres tipsy, theres happy drunk, then theres hammered, the first 2 are fine. Way I see it is I could be anyone if shes that drunk, shes not even really interested in me, just....parts of me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

If I have the same or higher level of intoxication than the girl in question then I drive on. If I am sober and she is drunk then thats a dead end. In fairness if she was that drunk by the end of the night then she would more than likely have her head in the toilet bowl rather than anywhere else;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

sounds like it would be just a mess.. she could end up being sick, or worse again, have some sort of emotional mickey fit and accuse you of all sorts.. getting off with a drunk stranger is roulette, there's 1 chance in 10 that it would be worth it (depending on what you call 'worth it')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I turned down one very hot women and quite a few OK ones as well as female friends because they've been off their heads even when I was too. I've actually turned down a lot more women for being drunk that I've ever gotten with, something I don't plan on doing in future. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

Walk. Its always ends up more trouble than its worth. So ive been told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It depends last thing ya want is the "took advantage" label. If you are just as drunk then yeah.

But if she is mega hammered as in cannot walk unaided then sketch. Idealy she would be at the few drinks buzz stage.

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Well somebody's a virgin...

Well read. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If I was hammered there's a good chance I would.

But I am sober enough that I realise she is drunk, then I wouldn't. Would feel weird for me TBH. I like girls like I like my whiskey, not drunk. :D Tipsy and very merry I would, as long as I had had a few drinks too. Sex with a drunk person while sober just isn't fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

When she is drunk in the face, meaning her face looks drunk, she's too drunk for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

It could have been great and she might have really rocked your world on the night but it was equally likely she would not have and her behavior would have been unpredictable.

I would say her friend was there to get her home safely and was none to pleased about it either. So it was a "counting chickens before they are hatched" event so unless your name was Vladimir Smirnoff she was going home with her friend.

You may have stood a better chance with the friend -who was probably asking herself why thetrainwreck was getting the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Way too dangerous if she is so drunk she is sluring her words I would definitely walk away.

Being that drunk is always a huge turn off, I really can't stand when a man or a women gets so drunk they basically have to be babysat by their friends the rest of the night, it comes across as extremely selfish and so annoying to me and that is without taking into account she could wake up in the morning and accuse you of all sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im leaving this open for now but have deleted a couple of posts,drunkmonkey and scaregilly,please familiarise yourselves with the charter before posting,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I'd like to post what I think of drunk women through the guise of a BBC Documentarian

Drunk women, like the giant ant-eaters of southern polynesia, are one of the most unattractive forces on the planet,as many case studies will show.

They're behavioural nature rapidly changes on a constant basis. This acts alot like camoflauge.
    The inebriated female draws the sexually frustrated male into her inclosure, saying such things as "Your really cute".

This lowers the males guard as he becomes intranced by the females supple breats and firm buttocks.
    The females mood will then change revealing her true form."Nobody likes me", "I'm fat".

It is at this point there is no escape for the male. His fate, like many before him, has been sealed.

The female also has a repellent to ward off would-be attackers. She releases it in the form of "THIS SONG IS ABOUT ME!!" and "I JUST GOT MY PERIOD!!"

The natural habitat of the drunk female is a dense, rainforest like area, flowing with smoke and alcohol.

I forgot to ask -but were you the one buying the vodka's

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

So no one is actually worried about the idea of taking advantage of someone who is too drunk to consent? The closest we get is "she could wake up in the morning and accuse you of all sorts."

Wow. Just wow.

Alcohol has always been an extremely grey area when it comes to removing someone's capacity to give consent, I reckon there is a huge number of irish people that have woken up one morning in a bed that they do not remember getting into and what they got up to last night.

I reckon people are also assuming they have been also heavily drinking as well, so if the woman is drunk enough to not properly give consent chances are the man in the situation is also drunk enough to not properly give his consent either, but this happens all the time, Irish nightclubs are full of adults who have drank themselves beyond their legal capacity to give consent and they end up in each others company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

taconnol wrote: »
    So no one is actually worried about the idea of taking advantage of someone who is too drunk to consent? The closest we get is "she could wake up in the morning and accuse you of all sorts."

Wow. Just wow.

Don't even think about it.

Please don't turn this into a all men are bastards thread & i hope the subtle accusation above isn't aimed at me.

To answer a few questions, no i didn't buy her any drinks & she wasn't completely & utterly wasted but yes pretty drunk. But not legless.

As someone else said if i had been equally pissed then i'd say this thread would never exist.:D I didn't get drinking till 9 o'clock so i only had 3/4 pints in me when i met her hence my ability to accurately describe the situation.

Someone else said it would just end up a mess? Thats exactly why i walked away, my buddy said this as well. The thought of more than likely having to look after the girl as she spewed chunks down the toilet all night & then having to arrange a taxi at 5 in the morning does tend to be a turn off.

I couldn't be arsed TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I think if your are as drunk then it is def ok to drive on but if not it can lead to some weird mornings even if nothing happened.

Like a house party I was at once. Two friends of mine work up naked in the same bed and couldnt remember if they did any thing lol. Turns out they didnt :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Maguined wrote: »
    Alcohol has always been an extremely grey area when it comes to removing someone's capacity to give consent, I reckon there is a huge number of irish people that have woken up one morning in a bed that they do not remember getting into and what they got up to last night.

I reckon people are also assuming they have been also heavily drinking as well, so if the woman is drunk enough to not properly give consent chances are the man in the situation is also drunk enough to not properly give his consent either, but this happens all the time, Irish nightclubs are full of adults who have drank themselves beyond their legal capacity to give consent and they end up in each others company.
    Fair enough, that's your assumption but it isn't clear. Good post.

Don't even think about it.

Please don't turn this into a all men are bastards thread & i hope the subtle accusation above isn't aimed at me.
    Please don't tell me what to post and don't try to represent my comment as an "all men are bastards" comment and therefore invalid. I think my comment was sufficiently gender neutral but just to clarify, it applies to both genders.

Its one of those assumptions we all take for granted, I doubt any single poster would argue it is okay for a stone cold sober man to take home an extremely drunk girl so no one really mentions it as taken as a given.

When both people have been drinking in a pub its a lot more grey, both people are intoxicated but then it gets really dodgy as how do you compare peoples levels of intoxication, I know some people that start slurring their words after 2 beers but are mentally all still there while others I know can be completely mentally shut down but still act like they are completely fine, a friend of mine gets drunk and always makes his way home safely and always seems fine but never remembers anything past his 4th drink, to any woman he meets in a club he would seem perfectly fine but realistically he could not give genuine consent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Forget that. I wont even kiss a girl that's noticably more drunk than I am. I like to think I can get a girl based on my own merits, not some magic potion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Please don't tell me what to post and don't try to represent my comment as an "all men are bastards" comment and therefore invalid. I think my comment was sufficiently gender neutral but just to clarify, it applies to both genders.

Whats up with "Wow just wow"? as though your disgusted at how insensitive we all are or something? Are you dissapointed about something?

Its just a bit of light-hearted banter.

Whats up with "Wow just wow"? as though your disgusted at how insensitive we all are or something? Are you dissapointed about something?

Its just a bit of light-hearted banter.

I think its just a bit of a miscommunication where taconnol may have read some of our posts as meaning we would have no problem taking a drunk woman home even if we were completely sober which would make that person a scumbag.

Though this is only my estimate, I am not trying to speak for taconnol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Maguined wrote: »
    I think its just a bit of a miscommunication where taconnol may have read some of our posts as meaning we would have no problem taking a drunk woman home even if we were completely sober which would make that person a scumbag.

Though this is only my estimate, I am not trying to speak for taconnol.

I do think she made a fair point. The question is 'would you take a really drunk woman home', most of the answers seem to be no, for various reasons including how unattractive it is when someone's that drunk, how it won't actually be a good experience, how you can't be sure she genuinely likes you and how you might be accused of something the next day.

I wouldn't see any reason to assume that everyone was also thinking of another reason (i.e. that you can't be sure it's consensual) but not saying it??

Wow. Just wow.

Well I had the consent form ready for her to sign but she could have still claimed drunkeness and it would've been ruled inadmissible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Wow. Just wow.

I'm sorry but that kind of attitude really ticks me off. So it is only the woman that can be taken advantage of in this situation. If you look at the majority of replies most say that they wouldn't take a girl home that was even more drunk than they themselves were. At what level of inebriation is a woman not bale to give consent? I guess it is one where she is practically unconscious and I see no one here saying that they would take advantage of some one in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

amacachi wrote: »
    Well I had the consent form ready for her to sign but she could have still claimed drunkeness and it would've been ruled inadmissible.
    being drunk does not remove the ability to consent.

This is an excuse used by women when they wake up beside an "uggo".

So no one is actually worried about the idea of taking advantage of someone who is too drunk to consent?

Hiya Taco.

That is very subjective as and what yardstick do you use. If a person is still walking and talking they can give consent.

The closest we get is "she could wake up in the morning and accuse you of all sorts

People do a lot worse when they drink -such as drive.

We do not excuse that as poor judgement so why excuse sleeping with someone.

That she might well regret her behavior the following morning.

Surely, she has some responsibility for the amount she drinks and her behavior after that. She is not a child and knows that drinking to that excess reduces her inhibitions.

It may be gender neutral but what about looks.

If you look at it though the regrets could be because you no longer fancy the person in the same way that you did when you were drunk.

Say the young guy going off with his mothers friend or his boss ,which is hugely embarressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Wow. Just wow.
    tbh, a grown woman is responsible for her actions, drunk or not.

And one would have to be absolutely legless to not be able to consent.

Huge difference between preying on extremely drunk women and having a drunk woman come on to you or getting with someone while you're both drinking.

And the context of the first post and posts following it clearly indicate that it's the latter that's being discussed.

• Advertisement

This thread is the most depressing I've read in a long, long time.

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. My post was gender neutral and I clarified that in a later post. As was pointed out by another poster, my issue with the discussion was that of all the reasons discussed for not wanting to take a drunk person home, their inability to consent wasn't one of them. If both people are drunk then tough on both of them but when one is sober and another drunk, the burden of responsibility changes.

And as an aside, it is a disgrace that in 2010 anyone still thinks that a person being drunk makes them in any way responsible for a sexual assault. That goes for men and women.

Advertisement