Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatwave for end of July?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

NAW!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Owen what are you on about - Its the middle of July for peats sake... were talking about NEXT WEEK HEATWAVE ??????????????????????????????

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Owen what are you on about - Its the middle of July for peats sake... were talking about NEXT WEEK HEATWAVE ??????????????????????????????

Yea and this is the british isles you are talking about here! Remember were you are!!? Rain rain rain and more rain is the show... you'd think it would give up i dinny know where all the water comes out of either.

owenc wrote: »
    Yea and this is the british isles you are talking about here! Remember were you are!!? Rain rain rain and more rain is the show... you'd think it would give up i dinny know where all the water comes out of either.

Is he trying to wind me up?? Remember where I am ??????????????????????????

Your talking about cold winter..... Its JULY & its a heatwave thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

british isles......speak for yourself.....

• Advertisement

df1985 wrote: »
    british isles......speak for yourself.....
    Thats exactly what wound me up ... why does he start ths rubbish all the time.. I abandoned the snow threads because of this nonsense.. Im in feckin dublin, ireland end of !!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,146 ✭✭✭✭km79

anyway :rolleyes: what are ye thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Thats exactly what wound me up ... why does he start ths rubbish all the time.. I abandoned the snow threads because of this nonsense.. Im in feckin dublin, ireland end of !!

Well tbh we're officially part of a group of islands unfortunately called the British Isles, dont react to it, thats all he wants.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Well tbh we're officially part of a group of islands unfortunately called the British Isles, dont react to it, thats all he wants.....

And keep remembering that he's 14! He'll grow up some day and learn sense.

Domscard wrote: »

Lol sure jaysus im old enough to be his mammy.......:-)
    I was just about to ask him was he 12 or something..... Anyway sorry for flipping & disrupting the proceedures - where are we at now... will I pick up the charcoal for the barbie or will i keep the umbrella up over the clothes line ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The British Isles is a geographic label, it's blind to borders and politics.

A great table quiz question is:

What is the largest river in The British Isles?

The British Isles is a geographic label, it's blind to borders and politics.

A great table quiz question is:

What is the largest river in The British Isles?

Pick me.. Pick me !! The largest river in the British isles is ........... Drumroll please ................................................................................................

The one running from the washing line to the shed !!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭CCCP

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Joe Bastardai

WO! Roll the tape back there
    Is that a joke or does
    That man have the greatest name i've ever heard?!

Lol sure jaysus im old enough to be his mammy.......:-)
    I was just about to ask him was he 12 or something..... Anyway sorry for flipping & disrupting the proceedures - where are we at now... will I pick up the charcoal for the barbie or will i keep the umbrella up over the clothes line ????

Emigrate :) Or enclose the entire garden in a tarpaulin - won't be any darker inside than it is under the clouds and at least it'll be dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭pauldry

Humid and muggy and cloudy next week with rain or mist at times in the North and West. South and East warmer and drier. Temperatures should be 16 to 22c Nights will also be 15c in Northwest therefore making it seem like wer having a steaming July when in fact its $£!+

IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Well the charts all look good until at least the end of the month this morning. So I'm going with MT Cranium who says it'll be warm and sunnt next week. He even reckons we'll get temperatures in the high twenties towards the end of the week!:cool:

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Well the charts all look good until at least the end of the month this morning. So I'm going with MT Cranium who says it'll be warm and sunnt next week. He even reckons we'll get temperatures in the high twenties towards the end of the week!:cool:

Well youve just cheered up my day along with MT.

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

would be great if this extended over the august bank holiday weekend also but lets just see if we get the warm sunny weather in the first place.

I doubt its going to be any warmer than predicted i don't know were mt is getting 29c from but it ain't coming here! the highest i seen on the models is a sad 23c...

We live in hope. Gorgeous day here in East Donegal. OH is painting away at the house, getting a tan and listening to his Ipod. It doesn't get any better than this :) The forecast on Yr for the weekend for us is poor enough, but tomorrow is supposed to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Latest GFS is just warm and relatively dry weather right to the end of the run from this weekend onwards. :D I hope it's right!

Latest GFS is just warm and relatively dry weather right to the end of the run from this weekend onwards. :D I hope it's right!

How warm is it, if its not like 27c i don't care as i'm used to 19c and it just feels normal..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The average high for Coleraine is something like 12c. So unless you live in a greenhouse i don't think you are well used to 19c.

The average high for Coleraine is something like 12c. So unless you live in a greenhouse i don't think you are well used to 19c.

Its actually 18c so don't post random crap if you don't know what your talking about. Some parts of northern ireland are 20c so you are certainly wrong on that one!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

How warm is it, if its not like 27c i don't care as i'm used to 19c and it just feels normal..

You couldn't cope with 22C last week! :confused:

The RTE weather seemed a little bit hopeful tonight at 9pm. :pac:

You couldn't cope with 22C last week! :confused:

The RTE weather seemed a little bit hopeful tonight at 9pm. :pac:

That was humidity.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

That was humidity.:rolleyes:

It was no more humid than normal for Ireland - so if there is a heatwave next week it will likely be just as humid.

Besides - I thought you enjoyed Florida at 40+C - and it's extremely humid there.

It was no more humid than normal for Ireland - so if there is a heatwave next week it will likely be just as humid.

Besides - I thought you enjoyed Florida at 40+C - and it's extremely humid there.

Whatever its going to get cold tonight like 2/3c so i am concentrating on that next week we can concentrate on the heatwave!!? YAY i can't beleive its going to be cold again.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Domscard wrote: »
    what are ye talking about, all of ireland is in the british isles!!! you would think people here would know a thing or two about geography

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    what are ye talking about, all of ireland is in the british isles!!! you would think people here would know a thing or two about geography

Don't beleive me then you mustn't be too good a geography because it is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

Advertisement