Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatwave for end of July?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

owenc wrote: »
    Don't beleive me then you mustn't be too good a geography because it is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

He said it was in the British Isles!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

lord lucan wrote: »
    He said it was in the British Isles!:rolleyes:

Hes being sarcastic.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Hes being sarcastic.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No he's not.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

John85 wrote: »
    No he's not.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes he is hes trying to deny it because it has the word "british" in it:rolleyes:.... its 9.5c here!:eek:

Yes he is hes trying to deny it because it has the word "british" in it:rolleyes:.... its 9.5c here!:eek:

Its 5c here and dropping

• Advertisement

Its 7c here and dropping

Lies!? Theres nowhere down south below 12c! Plus its only us and scotland that will get the cold temps, theres just no way its that cold down there. Your too close to the atlantic... sorry sunshine we are getting the coldest.:P

and ballypatrick forest has the coldest temp on the island.:P The boy on the bbc even said that country areas in northern ireland and scotland will briefly hit 0c!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Owen lad.do yourself a big favour and when you are all grown up, never, I repeat ,NEVER, revisit your past posts you did as a kid.

Lies!? Theres nowhere down south below 12c! Plus its only us and scotland that will get the cold temps, theres just no way its that cold down there. Your too close to the atlantic... sorry sunshine we are getting the coldest.:P

and ballypatrick forest has the coldest temp on the island.:P The boy on the bbc even said that country areas in northern ireland and scotland will briefly hit 0c!!

Down south :confused: .We will see in the morning ;)

Owen lad.do yourself a big favour and when you are all grown up, never, I repeat ,NEVER, revisit your past posts you did as a kid.

You do the same.;)

Down south :confused: .We will see in the morning ;)

Yes we will... where do you live. how high up. The temps in your area are like 13, 14c. Knowing you, you'll probably lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

You do the same.;)
    I rest my case

Yes we will... where do you live. how high up. The temps in your area are like 13, 14c. Knowing you, you'll probably lie.

Igloo_outside.jpg

Igloo_outside.jpg

Knew you were lying, stop trying to wind me up its deprestly failing!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

here in Sligo in the South we have a temperature of 11.7c at 11.42pm.

Tonight will deifitely be the nite that decides the boards min temp winner.

Since Sligo is considered to be in the South does that make Dublin in the West and Cork the East. Who spun Ireland anyways or should that be the British Isles? :)

Next week my folks are on hols so heatwave is guarenteed. They never get bad weather though they are going South (the real South) to Kerry and Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Its actually 18c so don't post random crap if you don't know what your talking about. Some parts of northern ireland are 20c so you are certainly wrong on that one!?

The average annual high in Coleraine is 18c is it? Jaysus it must be Ireland's best kept tropical secret. Hopefully one day you will realize the only random crap being posted here usually has your name attached to it. :mad::(:eek::o:rolleyes:;):):p:mad::mad::mad:

Well it's 6.5c here now, 0c is a real possibility here now by the way the temp is dropping, we shall see in the morning but it'll have to be early like 4am!! Btw don't listen to that boy john the stations down there are all 13c meaning the lowest he could be would be about 10c the stations here are about 8c that's why I'm 6.5c

The average annual high in Coleraine is 18c is it? Jaysus it must be Ireland's best kept tropical secret. Hopefully one day you will realize the only random crap being posted here usually has your name attached to it. :mad::(:eek::o:rolleyes:;):):p:mad::mad::mad:

O shove it sure the average July max for armagh is 20c

Well it's 6.5c here now, 0c is a real possibility here now by the way the temp is dropping, we shall see in the morning but it'll have to be early like 4am!! Btw don't listen to that boy john the stations down there are all 13c meaning the lowest he could be would be about 10c the stations here are about 8c that's why I'm 6.5c

Its 2c here now eoib .Its very cold out.Looks like i am going to win :D

O shove it sure the average July max for armagh is 20c

Well there's a big difference between the annual average high and a single monthly average high.

And what do you want me to shove? Snow? Guess i'll have to go to Coleraine for that since it's the snowiest place in Ireland. Or is that the Coldest? Or the Wettest? Or the Hottest? Or the Driest? I can't remember. I've learnt so many wonderful facts about Coleraine on here that i can't remember them all. Are those my feet?

Its 2c here now eoin .Its very cold out.Looks like i am going to win :D

I'm in the minus figures down here. I've 3 jackets on with hot water bottles sewn into the lining of each of them.

ice%20cold_4a91b4a188e15.jpg

• Advertisement

Its 2c here now eoin .Its very cold out.Looks like i am going to win :D

Don't try that with me it's deeply offensive my name is owen not eoib get that right! Oh and you fail it's not 2c there it can't drop 10ckn 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

The British Isles is a geographic label, it's blind to borders and politics.

Au contraire, 'the British Isles' is a geopolitical label that has colonial political expediency written all over it. It's as relevant as calling Ularu in Australia Ayers Rock.

As to the heatwave, is it still coming, I washed me Onion Jack shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Don't try that with me it's deeply offensive my name is owen not eoib get that right!

You tell him Eoghan! ;)

Don't try that with me it's deeply offensive (like most my posts) my name is owen not eoib get that right! Oh and you fail it's not 2c there it can't drop 10ckn 2 hours

ok .its now 1c by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Oh and you fail it's not 2c there it can't drop 10ckn 2 hours

But by your reckoning it could drop 60C in 2 hours:
    owenc wrote:
    10.5c now and dropping .1c every 2 mins and with little wind it should stay like this hopefully all night! Wonder how low i'll get.

I'm so glad I don't live in the coldest/hottest/wettest/driest/most humid/sunniest/cloudiest/snowiest/frostiest place in Ireland/British Isles/Europe etc.

Awe well ... It's 5.5c here now something john isn't at!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Awe well ... It's 5.5c here now something john isn't at!?

Sorry guys, but I'm the winner tonight I think. -4.2c in Galway now! :eek::eek: Frost all over the shop. :eek::eek:

Taken earlier in the sublime moonlight:

frost.jpg

5.5c, tsk! :p

Sorry guys, but I'm the winner tonight I think. -4.2c in Galway now! :eek::eek: Frost all over the shop. :eek::eek:

Taken earlier in the sublime moonlight:

frost.jpg

5.5c, tsk! :p
    Huh? Live the pic.. Currently 5c have got 3 hours to hit 0c we may hit it!? Nearest station around 7c so hopefully 2/3c for them i wonder what the record is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

i wonder what the record is!!!

This one:

little chips chipping! :eek:;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

So no heatwave then?

Advertisement