Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Slimseamie

somebody said bobby charlton earlier and i will second that.

i met him at a book signing in easons, took money out to buy his book just so i could get the autograph and a picture and in fairness i got both but he wasn't very friendly and seemed terribly grumpy, i asked him did he think man united would win that evening and he replied "thats the plan".

Very dismissive answer to a harmless attempt at conversation, looked like he didn't want to be there, i was really dissapointed with him, good book though!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Slimseamie wrote: »
    somebody said bobby charlton earlier and i will second that.

i met him at a book signing in easons, took money out to buy his book just so i could get the autograph and a picture and in fairness i got both but he wasn't very friendly and seemed terribly grumpy, i asked him did he think man united would win that evening and he replied "thats the plan".

Very dismissive answer to a harmless attempt at conversation, looked like he didn't want to be there, i was really dissapointed with him, good book though!

Ya he not nice and even on TV comes across as a bit of Dick.
    However Jack on other hand is top man as is many of former Irish players.

Have met dozen or so Irish players from both Rugby and Football and all dead sound except for Ronan O Gara.

Met Peter Kay few weeks ago and was very nice too, no problem having conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Wonkagirl wrote: »
    hector o HACKogain.. he was near us in the vip camping area of epicnic 2 yrs ago- we tried to have a bit of banter and he told us to 'GET LOST'.. sure we were having banter with every bulb that passed, the rude prick.

In all fairness to the man, he seems like a prize wanker. I saw him at a shop opening a few years ago, and thought he was full of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

Degsy wrote: »
    That Iguana sang better than Linda Martin ever did..there wasnt a dry eye in the reptile house.

Brendan O'Connor said "there's only room for one auld lizard in the room"

Kinda insulting to compare the iguana to Linda Martin, dontcha think?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

carmel27 wrote: »
    In all fairness to the man, he seems like a prize wanker. I saw him at a shop opening a few years ago, and thought he was full of it.

Ya I taught he be dead sound but total opposite when I met him at races few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Demonique wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor said "there's only room for one auld lizard in the room"?

He also said to Linda Martin "she brought it so the two of ye could mate"
    Demonique wrote: »
    Kinda insulting to compare the iguana to Linda Martin, dontcha think?

Certainly it would be insulting to the Iguana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 yvonne1979

Declan Mc Manus aka Elvis Costello is a gent. Met him in a sandwich shop.
    Mark Feehily is a lovely man too. I've seen him around Sligo.
    Ian Rush=Legend and gentleman.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 yvonne1979

Who are Twink, Linda Martin and Brendan O Connor and what are they famous for??
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

carmel27 wrote: »

Absoloutly agree..Hector is so full of himself.. used to see him in the Vic in Galway yrs back..before he was 'famous' like he is now, although he was known on tv. He jus looked so full of himself and wanted people to notice him. really cant stand the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Absoloutly agree..Hector is so full of himself.. used to see him in the Vic in Galway yrs back..before he was 'famous' like he is now, although he was known on tv. He jus looked so full of himself and wanted people to notice him. really cant stand the guy.
    Thank God for that. I thought I was the only person in the country who is totally underwhelmed by the bloke. He is the Irish James Corden; unfunny no-mark who is everywhere at the moment.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Thank God for that. I thought I was the only person in the country who is totally underwhelmed by the bloke. He is the Irish James Corden; unfunny no-mark who is everywhere at the moment.

Come on, I don't even like James Corden but he's a million times more talented and likeable than Hector.

Come on, I don't even like James Corden but he's a million times more talented and likeable than Hector.
    Corden is about as funny as rabies in an ISPCA dog shelter! He even nearly makes Russell Brand seem entertaining; nearly!

blueser wrote: »
    Corden is about as funny as rabies in an ISPCA dog shelter! He even nearly makes Russell Brand seem entertaining; nearly!

Still makes him a superior comic than Hector.

Still makes him a superior comic than Hector.
    Big deal. I'm funnier than Hector, and I'm about as fuuny as Rabi.....
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Passed Snoop Dog last night in the laneway beside the Olympia signing and getting photos with his fans...he seemed a total gent, saw Katherine lynch earlier she seemed very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Kris Marshall if he counts as a star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 guybague

Damien Mulley. Grade A phucktard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 guybague

Michael O'Doherty (VIP Magazine) - another prize prick.

Remember this?

" I've been called a ponce, a cretin and a tosser ..."

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/ive-been-called-a-ponce-a-cretin-and-a-tosser--anonymous-bloggers-are-the-ultimate-cowards-1924607.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

One of the Spice Girls.
    An absolute pig of a woman who treated all like dirt under her feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

Andrea Roche

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Biggins wrote: »
    One of the Spice Girls.
    An absolute pig of a woman who treated all like dirt under her feet.

Some are greater suspects than others, but we need a name!
    Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ayup

Some are greater suspects than others, but we need a name!
    Please?
    Who would you put at top of the list?
    You are probably guessing right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Who would you put at top of the list?
    You are probably guessing right.

The talentless one?

fontanalis wrote: »
    The talentless one?
    Well thats most of them but yes the top talentless one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

I'm guessing "Ginger" or "Posh"...leaning more towards the first, but maybe selective amnesia has me undervaluing their artistry.

Well thats most of them but yes the top talentless one.
    The ''Not Common'' one?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sue Rocks wrote: »
    Andrea Roche
    Never heard of her, is she Stephen's brother or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Met Russell Brand and Jonah Hill yesterday at Get Him to the Greek premiere. Russell is an attention whore. Jonah is super nice though and so friendly and laid back. It made me kinda awkward to say anything or ask for a picture because he didn't seem papparazzi hungry at all.

I saw Russell Brand in Heathrow T5 a few weeks ago... wanted to gob on him, but couldn't get near enough. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Seanohea

I met Aiden O'Brien, the horse racing trainer in America at the breeders cup, nicest celeb/ famous person I ever met, even invited myself and my friend for a tour of ballydoyle stables in Tipperary where he trains the horses. We took him up on the invite and it was a brilliant day :)

Advertisement