Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

rebelmomma wrote: »
    Vinnie Jones - Lovely friendly guy, gave a big ould hug and smelled lovely!! Yummy yummy

Shane McGowan - drunk, smelly but obliging in a 'I will sign my name if it means I can get a drink quicker' kind of way

Brendan O Carroll - met him at Dublin Aiport, i politely said Hello Mr. O Carroll he looked at me like I had called him a ****** or something - small man syndrome!

Kaiser Chiefs - in Amsterdam with my family. My dad thought they were trying to mug me when i ran after them. They were very nice about it and again more than happy to pose for pics! Again smelled yummy and alot hotter/slimmer in real life; the camera does nothing for ya Ricky!

Michael Madsen - signed and posed but god love him I don't think he realised he had done either if ya know what I mean ;)

Sebastien Loeb - hot as ****!!! Have fancied him for yonks. He talked on the phone the whole time I was trying to get a photo with him but I eventually got his attention by grabbing his ass.

Dani Sordo - very friendly and alot more obliging.

Likewise - Mikko Hirvonnen

Frank Kelly seemed nice when I met him.

Bryan McFadden was a whole lot hotter in person but totally loved the attention he got from the younger girls.. disturbing

Miriam O Callaghan was very nice imo!

Cillian Murphy - was very shy.

Lived near ROG for years. He is odd as be ****ed. Well was then anyway.

BTW I am not a stalker
    just observant when I am out!! :)

Not half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'd say Bergkamp is a nice guy, always came off as one.

Jesus...how well did you know him?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

Colin Montgomerie was very rude when i met him! I was only young but was gutted when he was so rude.

Nicky Byrne on the other hand was absolutely lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Spoke to Ed Byrne on the phone when he rang looking for his brother who I worked with years ago, actually worked with his 2 brothers and sister all very nice and Ed always seemed nice enough when he rang , his older brother stephen is actually very funny in his own right

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

packie bonner was in liverpool airport one day..saw a young girl coaxed up to him by her father for an autograph...he just picked up his bag and walked away never said a single word..por young one was in bits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

koppy wrote: »
    packie bonner was in liverpool airport one day..saw a young girl coaxed up to him by her father for an autograph...he just picked up his bag and walked away never said a single word..por young one was in bits.
    That Toto Schillaci is a bit of a boyo though !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Cillian Murphy before he was famous. I was at a screening of an Irish-made movie in which he played a mental patient (this was about 2001), and he appeared in the bar of the venue afterwards, standing right beside my friend and I, looking for his mates. Very charismatic and, I'd say, a little shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shinnerslawlor

Axel Rose - what a disgrace does he remember why he's so rich - his fans, whatta total dick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Axel Rose - what a disgrace does he remember why he's so rich - his fans, whatta total dick

He does seem like the dickiest person ever, like to clinical or psychotic proportions.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cillian Murphy before he was famous. I was at a screening of an Irish-made movie in which he played a mental patient (this was about 2001), and he appeared in the bar of the venue afterwards, standing right beside my friend and I, looking for his mates. Very charismatic and, I'd say, a little shy.

How does that make him rude?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

xzanti wrote: »
    How does that make him rude?

In fairness to mrsdewinter, plenty of people have deviated from the strict title of the thread, myself included, i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ExogenesisMuse

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    he and a friend were on the same plane as me and a friend. Eventually she got up the courage to ask for a photo with us after the flight, while he waited with a friend. We went up and my friend asked and he grunted, turning his back to us on purpose,tilting his sunglasses down, saying to his friend : "seriously?! can i not have one minute to myself?"

shocked :confused:

He must have been in a bad mood lol because my auntie met him on a flight to LA and she said he was lovely :) they talked for a while then he signed a magazine for her and she got a picture when they got off the plane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Kian Egan wasn't particularly nice even before he was in Westlife. I always thought Mark Feehily was a lovely guy.

A guy I know went on a stag with Kian a few weeks ago and said he was great company

But then again my sister said he was a **** when she met him

Who would have thought celebrities can have differing moods :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

harsea8 wrote: »
    Worked for Coca Cola at Wimbledon tennis championships many years ago and was struggling out of a lift with a trolley of crates, when f*cking Cliff Richard barges me out of the way and makes some rude comment about not be able to get the staff these days...w*nker

Funny thing is that I had to deliver some post-mix boxes to the men's changing rooms later the same day and Pete Sampras held the door open for me and was a complete gent!

I realise it's been quite some time since you posted this comment but I had to reply as I also have heard from one of the ball girls at Wimbledon that Pete Sampras was (and no doubt still is!) exceptionally polite, thanking them for their assistance in the matches and always having time for them. It's a pity that some people defined Pete as 'boring' due to his lack of histrionics and his polite manner and reliance on superb tennis rather than drama to be successful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭30kmph

sim2 wrote: »
    Ronan Keating..very in love with a guy called Ronan Keating!!!

Also another guy called Brian Kennedy, no? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Rio Ferdinand at a football tournament in Manchester, Complete prick.

id believe that, he just seems like a complete prick. Running around trying to be a game show host and a movie producer when he should be trying to get mind right on what hes doing on the pitch. Hes just a over paid and overrated prick

i saw johnny vegas drinking in a pub in the isle of man, he must have felt a bit sick so he puked into a empty pint glass at the table and just carried on drinking as normal. i have a mate who saw ronan keating as well and he reckons he just a wa*ker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

viper.10 wrote: »
    i saw johnny vegas drinking in a pub in the isle of man, he must have felt a bit sick so he puked into a empty pint glass at the table and just carried on drinking as normal.

I love Johnny but, my God, that's vile :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Met Russ Brand in a coffee shop/bar in Belfast bout 5 years ago, i said hi when ordering, he looked me up and down with a distained look and turned away muttering something. The guy working there said that he had been in for the last hour and was a real prick to everyone

innovated wrote: »
    Met Russ Brand in a coffee shop/bar in Belfast bout 5 years ago, i said hi when ordering, he looked me up and down with a distained look and turned away muttering something. The guy working there said that he had been in for the last hour and was a real prick to everyone

jes, i hate that russell brand prick america can have him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Pete Tong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Twink. Ive had a number of interactions with her and have never found her to be anything less than totally false and rude.

Brian O Driscoll. Became verbally abusive to me in a nightclub once when he tried to snog me and I turned him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

viper.10 wrote: »
    i have a mate who saw ronan keating as well and he reckons he just a wa*ker.

My boyfriend used to work in a coffee shop and was very impressed with Ronan. Apparently he called my boyfriend "sir" whenever he was served and was very gracious and polite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Millicent wrote: »
    My boyfriend used to work in a coffee shop and was very impressed with Ronan. Apparently he called my boyfriend "sir" whenever he was served and was very gracious and polite.

I'm willing to bet the two of them have been carrying on behind your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

Millicent wrote: »

I have met him several times and have always found him to be polite and gracious. I'm always skepital of people saying he was rude when they met him, but I guess everyone can have a bad day I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

PEOPLE - Celebrities are just like you and me they have good days and bad days

They don't go around Happy & Smiley 24/7 you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boogienights

Great thread, some more detail on these encounters would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RyDar

Kevin Kilbane without a doubt,he's my 3rd cousin so whenever he came to visit his parents (my mother's aunt and uncle) the whole family would swarm around. He's just an arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

RyDar wrote: »
    Kevin Kilbane without a doubt,he's my 3rd cousin so whenever he came to visit his parents (my mother's aunt and uncle) the whole family would swarm around. He's just an arse.
    There goes your free tickets for Landsdowne Road/The Aviva/whatever you want to call it!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

If only twink and Kian could have children together can you imagine the spawn of those two divas :D

Advertisement