Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Transformers Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ive been having great craic with this.

taking my time though to drag it out. at the battle of iacon now playing as soundwave.

on the whole if feels like killzone with the ability to turn into a tank/jet/truck and blast/ram your enemies when you run out of ammo.

:)

about the only complaint i have is the writing is tiny on my telly (which admitedly is years old so it mightve been designed for 50 inch monsters ) and ocassionally i find myself missing the point of certain levels (case in point one part where i was meant to snipe autobots on a rail/level above me but i didnt even see the sniper rifle i was meant to use till after wards , using the frag launcher to fire sticky grenades at em and denotate them when they came closest to the autobots instead- which i have to say was alot of fun .)

i actually bought the PS3 specifically to get this game and dont regret it. i actually think its much better than the armada game as theres far more of a story to it including character banter (come on dont tell me you didnt crack a smile when barricade asked megatron if he was joking when suggesting a particular bit of strategy and megs responded " yes barricade, im well renowed for my sparkeling sense of humour !" ) and the weaponry on the vehicle mode comes in damn handy.

and as a loner i have to say its good to see how meaty the levels are . ive NO interest in online multiplayer stuff so its good to get a game that takes a good while to complete.

all in all i hope this gets a sequel !

though mind you i'd still kill for a single player socomm type game using a special team

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

as theres far more of a story to it including character banter (come on dont tell me you didnt crack a smile when barricade asked megatron if he was joking when suggesting a particular bit of strategy and megs responded " yes barricade, im well renowed for my sparkeling sense of humour !" )
    Yes the banter between the characters is great - there's another bit like this
    when Megatron "compliments" Breakdown saying that "your incessent whining got us through!"
    :D

Also the bit with
    Starscream and the seekers earlier on when one of them complains about him calling them fools and that they think he doesn't respect them! - his answer: "shut up... fool!"
    :p

I've just finished the Decepticon campaign so onto the Bots next.. although I have to admit, I have a feeling I'm gonna miss playing as Megatron!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Having aquired a second hand PS3 this week I think I'll get this game, but I don't wanna pay full price so I'll probably get one second hand at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Soundwave was great to play as. He has some great lines too.

Wasn't crazy about Optimus... Warpath is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got around to finishing the campaign tonight.. Very good overall, but I think the Decepticon half was better. Hopefully this gets a sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Rented it from Xtravision last Thursday. Finished the Decepticon campaign last night and unlocked Slipstream for multi.

I'm stock on part of the 2nd Chapter in the Autobot campaign.
    The one where Ratchet is attempting to repair Omega and you have to prevent him from taking damage.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'm stock on part of the 2nd Chapter in the Autobot campaign.
    The one where Ratchet is attempting to repair Omega and you have to prevent him from taking damage.

One of the hatches you can open on Omega Supreme's right has some healing grenades in it. I found they helped me get through that section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

One of the hatches you can open on Omega Supreme's right has some healing grenades in it. I found they helped me get through that section.

Thanks monkeyfudge. I'll give that a try. I miss the days of Infinite Health and Infinite ammo codes.

It's a tricky enough section alright.

Make sure you don't stray too far from Ratchet, so you can resuscitate him if he goes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Not sure if anyone is playing this on PC, but after travelling the length and breadth of the country looking for a copy, (well ok, Dublin and Waterford), it's finally available on Steam.

I know it's been on D2D before this, but every other game I own I have bought, (in some cases for the second time), through Steam.

Admittedly I haven't played it yet, I'm saving it for the weekend :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement