Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Command & Conquer: The Integration Limerick

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭

Just to give boardsies a heads up on the C&C event in LAC (Limerick Airsoft Camp) on July 31st.
    They're expecting between 200-300 people so if you fancy a good day out, you know where to go ;)
    I'll post up more information as I get it.
    Price is €25 which includes lunch (normally pizzas...mmm)
    It's not a milsim, just to let people know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Do we have to wait for the team to have enough money before we can respawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Do we have to wait for the team to have enough money before we can respawn?

I'll find out

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I'll find out

T'was a joke, you know, C&C

Stonewolf wrote: »
    T'was a joke, you know, C&C

ahh...I was wondering wtf?:D
    Never played C&C so didn't catch it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Well I lol'd! :D

So is there anymore information on this event? Like what type of game it is and what we'd be doing? Or is it just a load of little games? And are those numbers actual bookings or just a guesstimate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Well I lol'd! :D

So is there anymore information on this event? Like what type of game it is and what we'd be doing? Or is it just a load of little games? And are those numbers actual bookings or just a guesstimate?

Tbh that would be very funny if a team dies they have to earn more cash to respawn . have them have people that would be the harvesters collecting ore

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

Right just to say if Scarecrow dose not now but Henry said he is allowing people to camp over the night before to help out get the fort ready.there is no ammo limit as he already said not a milsim and the guns are going to be chronoed standard stuff really.contact Henry for registration music and BBQ after game in the garage for free for participants.details of game will be given out on the day lunch will be brought to camp to be consumed on own time.
    Sry Scarescaw if i just jumped ahead.

scar 101 wrote: »
    Sry Scarescaw if i just jumped ahead.

not at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM

Prob fills you in with all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cathal2

what does it mean that you can reinforce the fort the night before

• Advertisement

cathal2 wrote: »
    what does it mean that you can reinforce the fort the night before

I suppose put extra walls or something like that around it..or a few tyres etc..

What Scare said

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

On the 31st of July, Saturday, at Limerick Airsoft Camp, there will be a gathering of all the enthusiasts from all over IRELAND. It will be a day to remember for more than 200 hundred participants who will vie for medals, in a scenario that would create a WAR ZONE in Ballyneety.

Registration is on going from this day forward and will commence at exactly 10am of the 31st of July 2010.

Participants will be allowed to camp out and reinforce their fortress the day before the event.

AEG's will be strictly chronographed before the game.

Lunch will be brought to each camp and may be consumed on the teams' own time.

Registration is 25 Euros per head, including LUNCH.

Details of the game will be relayed on the day.

The WAR commences at 5pm.

Music and BBQ will follow the game at LAC TUNNEL. All the participants may camp out for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Would not mind checking this out, if herself does not end up dragging me along to the Iron Maiden concert in Dublin the night before.

2-300 people sounds like a hell of a lot of people is that an estimate ? Is there that many Regular Skirmishers here in existance! :eek:
    Would be a great sucess for Limerick Airsoft if that many arrived. (Could be a good oppertunity for a Positive Press Article on the day)

Quite a lot of Cars that would need parking with that number.
    it would be quite a sight to see if that many arrived, Pappa Johns will have to hire extra staff to make all the Pizza's :D

~B

bullets wrote: »
    2-300 people sounds like a hell of a lot of people is that an estimate ? Is there that many Regular Skirmishers here in existance!

I'd say you'd be lucky to get 200 (no disrespect to the organisers), I reckon numbers are down with people conserving their money. That said, you might get people out who haven't played in a bit and see it as a way of extracting good value from the few games they get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭seanoff

After playing in LAC a good few times I'd have some doubt's that there would be enough space for 200 to 300 or is Henry ex-steading the site further or what.

if you where there the sunday 2-3 weeks ago i think up to now you'll see that there is some extending to the cqb zone but the 2 forestry's are a little bit bigger than when i first played at it.

They're extending the boundaries and adding two more fields in I think.

As for the game..it's the same as was played a few months ago with the balls.
    Basically teams of 25 people.
    Each team gets 100 balls for their base.
    Each player carries one ball with him, if hit he has to hand it to the guy that got him and vica versa.
    The team with the most balls at the end of the day wins.

Really enjoyed this the last time...was getting sick of playing CQB and the forest so it was a very enjoyable change :)
    Remember there was a Polish team there who were excellent, played very fairly, took all their hits etc....and they weren't afraid to climb trees, climb the roof of the maintenance area and one guy even waded down the dyke :D
    They really were a credit to airsoft.:)

I'm trying to get more details from Henry about this..will push him over the weekend to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Would we be able to arrive later than 5, like I would be finished work at 6 and would like to get to this, I'd probably have 2 with me aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

I think the LADS team should go in for this.
    Myself,tony,john mc,liam,jason,andy,derek etc..surely we would have 12-15 ?

Members of the force.....unite!

• Advertisement

I'd love to come along to this Negotiation's with the other half are ongoing. if Sucessful there will be two of us.
    Will be a fantastic oppertunity to take loads of photo's and video if there are high numbers.
    (If I can make it I hope fingers crossed I will have an SA58 Carbine to skirmish with and herself will have an M4 stubby)

I dont drive and herself has only started driving and the
    furthest she has been from home driving wise is LAC!
    so hopefully if we make it, people that are not camping can
    use the front carpark area rather than the back, as she will
    be nervous if its gonna be parallel parking and mud tracks.

Gonna have to go through all the introductions again if we make it there though.
    I'm the most useless person in the entire world when it comes to remembering names
    but I do remember faces. (must look into getting a "bullets" velcro name badge).

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

thehorse wrote: »
    I think the LADS team should go in for this.
    Myself,tony,john mc,liam,jason,andy,derek etc..surely we would have 12-15 ?

Members of the force.....unite!

Dude, working all weekend! So i will have to sit this bad boy out. Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Is this on sunday 4th july.??:eek:

nah...July 31st (Sat i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

i see no info on this from the man thats supposed to be organising this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dave cinzano bianco lister

allrite fellas i was wondering is this open to indeviduals of is it just for teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dave cinzano bianco lister

allrite fellas i was wondering is this open to indeviduals of is it just for teams?
    also will there be rentals of do i have to sort out a shoota for the missus?

Yep..Henry will have rentals available (I already asked him as I need one for the brother)
    And it's open to individuals as well...everyone will get paired with a team for the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

So does anyone know if showing up at 6pm(after the start) is a no go?

• Advertisement

If I make it hope I get paired with the Home Team and not the away, something just not right about shooting the Locals.

~B

Advertisement