Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kfc Galway BAD?

Options
  • 16-06-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Anyone else use the kfc in galway :confused:
    went there this evening -brutal filled my orange from a club orange bottle :eek: yes bottle !! and no ice!! a-holes

"just what I ordered lovely warm club orange" -

the drumsticks were brutal - and i mean really bad :p - dog had a feast at least :D.

KFC are usally ok but this was the worst one I've been to -

even the radio order is a bit of a pisser as its before the menu - great design penfold.

anyone else have a bad experience at this cowboy kfc outfit or did I just hit a really bad night?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Haven't tried it yet,but i've been talking to a few people who've said it's not as nice as they've had in other branches.
    Giving you a drink out of the bottle is just taking the piss tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

and why are they unable to give a decent portion of chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

u2me wrote: »
    went there this evening -brutal filled my orange from a club orange bottle :eek: yes bottle !! and no ice!! a-holes

the drumsticks were brutal - and i mean really bad :p - dog had a feast at least :D.

even the radio order is a bit of a pisser as its before the menu - great design penfold.

anyone else have a bad experience at this cowboy kfc outfit or did I just hit a really bad night?

500ml or 2ltr?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

wouldn't feed my dog kfc to be honest... unless you took the skin off first.

Good way to give the poor beast liquid poos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

There must be another outbreak of "Crypto" in Galway eh? well either that or just in the Doughuisce area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭u2me

2 ltr bottle - chips were ok but small portions alright -have to check the poor dog 2moro - feel sorry for him now prob s**t himself 2nite - don't think i will be going back...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nedb93

ya im a fast food enthusiast, and i have to agree that this kfc is particulary poor, the food is poor the freindly service is a bit false and dont get me started on the radio order mechanism, and the location of the menu and the readilility of the menus, i wont be back there again in a rush, back to mickey d's the old reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

2 ltr bottle - chips were ok but small portions alright -have to check the poor dog 2moro - feel sorry for him now prob s**t himself 2nite - don't think i will be going back...........

Bad form alright,if it was a 500ml bottle you'd put it down to the machine being out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The two times I've been there I went to the drive through got the boneless banquet meal thing can't say I was displeased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 caoimhe321

KFC Galway (very poor food but of course very high prices)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Woah woah woah everybody! Lets not jump to conclusions here. All KFCs are muck, not just Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

2 posts............. I smell black propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I like the chicken (drumsticks etc).
    The burgers are nice but the buns very bready
    chips are rank.

Menu is taking the mick- very obvious they have the meal deals jumping out at you so you'll order them.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Woah woah woah everybody! Lets not jump to conclusions here. All KFCs are muck, not just Galway.

Ya that's a bit unfair on all the other KFC world wide.
    Tell me again why is it not called Kentucky Fried Chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Had a big Daddy meal there. Burger tasted like chemicals, chips like cardboard and the drumstick like......well the drumstick was quite nice. Def would never eat there again though.

At OP : Pretty sure you are not supposed to give your dog chiken bones as it is very easy for them to choke on them. Maybe you just gave the meat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Rylan wrote: »
    At OP : Pretty sure you are not supposed to give your dog chiken bones as it is very easy for them to choke on them. Maybe you just gave the meat.:)

Gave him the meat, from a piece of KFC chicken, how's that done then:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Tell me again why is it not called Kentucky Fried Chicken?
    Snopes knows.

dinneenp wrote: »
    The burgers are nice but the buns very bready

you were hoping for a more chickeny bun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

went there with an open mind, and were sorely disappointed. Portions were small and expensive, the chicken pretty awful, the beans rank (the 'choice' of sides is vile, too - I mean, coleslaw, beans or gravy???? yuk), and the chips very starchy. The only nice thing was the popcorn 'chicken' (I use that term loosely).

Will not go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I was looking forward to this so much. The Chicken wasn't great. I got a starter too or side...it was smaller chicken tenders. They were much nicer. Never been a fan of their chips. No biscuits or extra crispy??!...Had it in Athlone, it was nicer there but still not as nice as America. What gives!?

• Advertisement

it's too bad their chips aren't any good.

KFC's chips were always nice in Canada. Maybe we have to wait for the fryers to get old :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EBONY00

Find this fascination with KFC hard to understand, anytime ive been to one, hygiene seems to be their least priority. I find them a bit overpriced tbh aswell. When it comes to chicken aswell give me a snackbox from supermacs anyday. McDonalds would be my fav restaurant tho

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Supermac..horrible
    KFC..rubbish, all over the world
    Subway - cardboard
    BK- Nice
    McD- acceptable

local chipper with home made chips etc, lovely...get past the marketing globalisation of these chains and the product is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

galah wrote: »
    went there with an open mind, and were sorely disappointed. Portions were small and expensive, the chicken pretty awful, the beans rank (the 'choice' of sides is vile, too - I mean, coleslaw, beans or gravy???? yuk), and the chips very starchy. The only nice thing was the popcorn 'chicken' (I use that term loosely).

Lets not carried away here. KFC is ok, nothing special.... but the gravy is unreal!!!!! Jesus I cant get enough of the sthuff! Sure South Park even dedicated an episode to Cartmans KFC gravy addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Rylan wrote: »
    Yeah, we had to bring our dog to the vet twice when she got at chicken bones, they got stuck in her teeth. Dogs can digest just about anything but cooked chicken bones are to hard and have lost all their natural flexibility so just shatter into sharp pieces.

Supermac..horrible
    KFC..rubbish, all over the world
    Subway - cardboard
    BK- Nice
    McD- acceptable

local chipper with home made chips etc, lovely...get past the marketing globalisation of these chains and the product is poor

You put McDonalds above Supermacs?

Fastfood in general is disgusting and cannot understand why anyone would expect anything good coming from them!

Something that did puzzle me about the KFC drivethru is that the only menus are at the actual speaker itself. Surely it would have made more sense to put some at the entrance to the drivethru?

Even when you get there, the writing is pretty small - so if you have bad eyesight, you cannot read them whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grainnereills

any kfc i ever had, UK, US or here was manky...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

EBONY00 wrote: »
    Find this fascination with KFC hard to understand, anytime ive been to one, hygiene seems to be their least priority. I find them a bit overpriced tbh aswell. When it comes to chicken aswell give me a snackbox from supermacs anyday. McDonalds would be my fav restaurant tho

This myth that all KFC restaurants are rat-infested disease holes is just that - a myth. I dont doubt that there a are a few outlets that have a poor hygiene record but overall KFC has a good stantard of cleanliness.
    A survey of restaurant food safety in the United Kingdom conducted by Transparency Data for The Independent newspaper found that more than half of 491 Chinese eateries failed to meet all legal food safety requirements. In addition, almost half of the Indian restaurants and Indian take-out eateries and Kebab diners scored poorly on the survey.

Chinese
    55 percent with under 3 stars in 5-star ratings
    Hundreds of Chinese eating places failed to score more than two out of five for hygiene.
    Sample Size: 491

Kebab
    53 percent
    Many takeaways selling the Middle-Eastern meat snack were dirty, found the survey.
    Sample Size: 567

Indian
    48 percent
    Fewer than half of restaurants and takeaways serving Indian food met all legal requirements.
    Sample Size: 453

Fish
    28 percent
    Fish restaurants and chippies performed better, but still one quarter fared badly.
    Sample Size: 2,053

Italian
    21 percent
    One of the better performers, with almost half of the premises rated four or five star.
    Sample Size: 123

McDonald's
    4 percent
    The US burger giant had the highest proportion of four and five star scores, 84 per cent.
    Sample Size: 312

KFC
    1 percent
    The cleanest, with one in 100 fried chicken outlets scoring badly, despite a recent court case.
    Sample Size: 91
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2010/06/chinese-restaurants-lead-eateries-in-food-poisoning-incidents/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

look at the sample size - 91? that's hardly enough to base a survey on.

when did galway become a poor people's area? did cartman decide to smuggle KFC chicken skins here? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

EBONY00 wrote: »
    McDonalds would be my fav restaurant tho

I've seen it all now:D

You really need to get out a bit more if your "fav" restaurant is McDonalds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement