Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

My regular is Talents in Terryland, handy for me on a sat as it means not having to go into town and park. Just a basic cut etc and reasonable prices.
    For a treat every now and then I go to Sinead (i think thats her name) in the Hut. She is excellent and good craic too, and not afraid to try new styles with you. Price is higher tho and I havent gotten my hair cut by any of the Huts other stylists.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

SOA is pretty decent and very reasonably priced (next to King's Head, pink).
    Zenith is good too. Don't want to get into a slagging match about the bad ones, as it's arguably libel...

Does anyone else ever find that you have to argue with some hairdressers to take enough off your hair though? It drives me twits, as I know I'll have to go back way sooner if I don't keep asking them to take more and more off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

I went there on Thursday with a photo from a magazine of what I wanted, the hairdresser is called Basha and doesnt have english but with the help of the photo and the other girls who speak english she gave me EXACTLY the photograph haircut. Even down to the wispy bits put in for fancy effect..and it came to 35 yo yos..there was another irish lady there who said half of the staff in the hospital go there as she is so highly recommended. She's now my new hairdresser.

Ohh definately going there on Friday, usually go to Momento, have a photo of a cut I want so will bring that in. And its behind the Park Hotel, how do you get in there? Do you have to make an appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Joan, from The Hair Company, Eyre Street, is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Catríona in Isis on Sea road, she really does give a great cut at a reasonable price..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I got such a bargain on Friday in the hair co, on eyre st. They are doing special offers, including a restyle for 35. Was my first time there, and caroline did a great job, was delighted with my new do. I'd highly recommend the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Msfc wrote: »
    Ohh definately going there on Friday, usually go to Momento, have a photo of a cut I want so will bring that in. And its behind the Park Hotel, how do you get in there? Do you have to make an appointment?

Momento was my old place of choice too before I found this place. The one thing is though, ask for the taller girl called Basha...the smaller girl has the same name but she really isn't as good I don't think. the good hairdresser is a tall very thin pretty girl usually colouring/cutting. I usually amke an appointment but they will try fit you in anyway anytime. Also recommend the blonde lady there with short hair who does nails/eyebrows etc..super :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Has anybody been to Velvet in Bearna? I was going to make an appointment but would prefer to get a recommendation for someone in particular.

I had a hairdresser in Toni and Guy called Siobhan a few years back and she said at the time she was moving to a new salon in Bearna but I ended up moving to Dublin so I didn't get to go there. I'd like a really good cut and colour too so is there anyone in particular that's really good there for both those things?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Joan, from The Hair Company, Eyre Street, is very good.
    Agree - Joan is great

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

siobhan from tony and guy is now out in Velvet in Barna.

Anyone have recommendations for curly hair hairdresser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Im looking for a hairdresser in Galway city that does good highlights at a fairly reasonable price .. i know colour is expensive im just wondering what is the rate these days. i used to get highlights years ago but have since gone back to my natural brown colour but thinking of going lighter again for the summer! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :cool: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭milktwosugars

Ehhhh, does anyone have the number for Angel on Foster Street, can't seem to find it on the net and I would definately like to partake in the recession ass kicking bargains to be had there. I mean it's my patriotic duty to improve my boyfriends mood by getting that bargain and therefore help boost the local economy.
    Ehm.....:p

Love that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,783 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Love that place!

Make that Loved. It closed a few weeks ago.

Don't think there were any signs saying they'd move elsewhere, and the signage is gone from the building now.

Sorry, Ignore that, I've just realised you were talking about Forster St, not Merchant's Rd (which I'm sure was called Angel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭milktwosugars

Thank's so much...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

ANDYS on the bothermore road def the best i have ever been too and uts wekk priced as well plus the girls in there aer lovely:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 midouri

Angelandie wrote: »
    I went to Angel behind the park house! One of the hairdressers hasnt the best english but the nail technican and the other girls have good english and help you out. The cut and manicure i got was super and only cost €60 for the both together. Am due to go back to get hair coloured!

HI would anyone have a contact number for Angel please?

Trying Angel tomorrow for both cut and colour :) Fed up with ridiculous prices here for ok cuts!

Thank you for posting up the phone number! I couldn't find it online.

Sale on there. Got wash cut blow dry for 28euro. Colour is i think 52

Went to Angel Hairdressers today behind Park House Hotel!

Cut, colour (semi perm+ highlights)... wait.... 65 euro!

And I am so happy, especially especially with the cut and I am never paying 60 euro again just to get my hair cut. It's madness!

The girls there were so so nice, and she even suggested getting my eyebrows tinted to match- guess it helps that there is a beauty salon there as well. They were doin a girl's nails there and they looked gorgeous.

This place is a real find.

Thanks to everyone for posting about it. I'm sticking with them from now on.

• Advertisement

pog it wrote: »
    Went to Angel Hairdressers today behind Park House Hotel!

Cut, colour (semi perm+ highlights)... wait.... 65 euro!

And I am so happy, especially especially with the cut and I am never paying 60 euro again just to get my hair cut. It's madness!

The girls there were so so nice, and she even suggested getting my eyebrows tinted to match- guess it helps that there is a beauty salon there as well. They were doin a girl's nails there and they looked gorgeous.

This place is a real find.

Thanks to everyone for posting about it. I'm sticking with them from now on.

Glad to hear it went so well! For anyone else considering going, I would strongly advise booking ahead as there have been a few times when they are booked out...there are two girls who do the hairdresser (fondly called Big Basha cos she's tall and little Basha...but recently they call themselves Barbara, probably to help us Irish with the pronunciation or something!)
    Personally I prefer the Big Basha altho she has very little English but gives a super cut.

I've gotten a manicure and tints etc done there too and it's fantastic. going for my first colour with them too next week so will update :0

Ah if you're getting a colour can I suggest you say which you need- permanent or semi permanent, as Big Basha had presumed I had wanted permanent, and I thought she was doing semi-perm. I completely forgot to ask for semi perm as I'm so used to being asked by the hairdresser first.

But that's not a criticism.. just an oversight really and the colour turned out brilliant.

Can't believe I'm posting so much about this, but they really deserve to get word around. she did say some days are really busy, other days quiet.
    Then again they are only there a year so I guess it'll definitely pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

when i moved to galway i got my hair done in one place (no names mentioned) but she done a awful awful job so i know how nervous it can be!! after that time i decided to go with a reliable company that i used to always love in sligo.... so off to peter marks in terryland i went.

result: iv gone back 3 times, always get the same girl too shes fab, cant spell her name at all but she is from thailand and is fantastic. i asked for a certain length and she said straight away it wouldnt suit me and recomended a diff length and it was amazing, she knows exactly what she is doing and is very nice. think its around about 40 yo yos for wash cut and blow dry which isnt bad if u know your not going to be disapointed!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Afragile

Hennybug wrote: »
    Yes i have done a search but can't find any recent recommendations :P I'm not happy with my current hairdresser and want to try somewhere new, mainly for a good cut, somewhere they'll pretty much do what you want but with helpful suggestions - any place that fits the bill?
    Hi yes, know exactly what you mean, would also like to get a really good recommendation from someone who knows, wondering if anyone can recommend a salon in Sligo ? Much appreciate it !

Afragile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Afragile wrote: »
    Hi yes, know exactly what you mean, would also like to get a really good recommendation from someone who knows, wondering if anyone can recommend a salon in Sligo ? Much appreciate it !

Afragile

Should prob be a new thread for this rather than hijacking the galway one but in Sligo I can recommend Rossana's on high street or Cephalo's on Quay Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Micheal_UCD

Could someone recommend which of these hairdressers in Galway would be the best for a guy to get a cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rapide

Hennybug wrote: »
    Is Ronan the main guy in Toni & Guy? If so I went to him a couple of years ago and he made a complete hames of my hair :(

It is totally subjective but i figured if at least a few people went for the same place I might get a better idea :p So far it seems to be Momento and Velvet -although the negative one for Velvet probably cancels out the positive vote :D

I had the worst experience with that Ronan Patterson in Toni&Guy Galway. They turned my hair from blonde to green. I went back to get it sorted and there was a girl called Marcella there to and they so much as told me I was seeing things and they didn't do it!!! I got my coulour done on the Friday and I went back on the Tuesday. They told me they didn't do it someone else must have......Like hello!!! Ronan told me to **** off out of the place and back to my own hairdresser he wasnt going to sort it!!! I am very upset and horrified!!! Customer Service is nothing in this place and he should be shut down for what he said. Does anyone know what I could do to complain about this?? I spent 200 euro and they even tried to charge me when i went back to try and fix it and left me go out the door with my hair wet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fiolee

Hello,

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hairdresser in the portabello, rathmines, grafton st, camden st area? I usually go to ultimate in the GPO arcade but have had enough. I usually get a full head of highlights and a cut, iv got this same treatment done in various hairdressers and it usually takes 2hrs. In ultimate you could be there for 3 and a half! It compleatly takes over your day, the service is terrible, they can not multitask between customers, you also have to hand the hairdresser the mesh paper which I hate doing as i go to the hairdressers to relax and read magazines etc. The cut is only ok and they tell you about a special offer when you book the app but when you go to pay it always costs way more!

Enough ranting. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

rapide wrote: »
    I had the worst experience with that Ronan Patterson in Toni&Guy Galway. They turned my hair from blonde to green. I went back to get it sorted and there was a girl called Marcella there to and they so much as told me I was seeing things and they didn't do it!!! I got my coulour done on the Friday and I went back on the Tuesday. They told me they didn't do it someone else must have......Like hello!!! Ronan told me to **** off out of the place and back to my own hairdresser he wasnt going to sort it!!! I am very upset and horrified!!! Customer Service is nothing in this place and he should be shut down for what he said. Does anyone know what I could do to complain about this?? I spent 200 euro and they even tried to charge me when i went back to try and fix it and left me go out the door with my hair wet!!

What a horrible experience for you! You deserved your money back or for them to fix it for you free of charge. Did they fix it for you? If they didn't I would demand a full refund or threaten them with solicitor action. If they did fix it, chalk it down to experience i.e. never go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Monkeyboots

Does anyone know if that Naturelle place in Dorset Street is still open ? Their website seems to have gone down.

I am looking to have the Kerstraight 12 week blow dry done there but if anyone knows of other places that do this treatment (reasonably cheap) I'd be glad to hear - thanks

Advertisement