Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

vonnie10 wrote: »
    Kian from Westlife !!!

Well i didn't think we were allowed to spill the beans or they were gonna lock the thread...
    But basically about 7/8 years ago my older cousin who is friends with gillian who is now married to shane got us backstage passes to one of their concerts!! So we were wandering around backstage getting a tour when i spotted Kian and went running over to him to ask for an autograph. He was at the door of his dressing room when i got to him but instead of a warm welcome he ignored me and slammed his dressing room door in my face. I was 13 and had just paid for his concert. Also it wasn't like i was disturbing him in his personal time it was at a concert where he was supposed to be working and i had just shelled out to see his concert!!! Not Impressed !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You got backstage passes through a contact which doesn't give you the right to just charge up to a performer!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

kmart6 wrote: »
    You got backstage passes through a contact which doesn't give you the right to just charge up to a performer!

Maybe i didn't have the right but i was a child at the time and it wouldn't have killed him just to even give me a smile!! Surely if they are going to meet and greet their fans, a concert would be the most appropriate time right? I still think it is incredibly rude and arrogant behaviour. After all it was fans like me that put him where he is now!! I met the rest of the band and they were lovely especially nicky and shane! (Nicky even apologised for it) But Kian ??? Think he's a twat even watching him on TV he comes across like a smug arrogant numpty... and he didn't do anything to dispel that perception of him when i met him in person

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

vonnie10 wrote: »
    Well i didn't think we were allowed to spill the beans or they were gonna lock the thread...
    But basically about 7/8 years ago my older cousin who is friends with gillian who is now married to shane got us backstage passes to one of their concerts!! So we were wandering around backstage getting a tour when i spotted Kian and went running over to him to ask for an autograph. He was at the door of his dressing room when i got to him but instead of a warm welcome he ignored me and slammed his dressing room door in my face. I was 13 and had just paid for his concert. Also it wasn't like i was disturbing him in his personal time it was at a concert where he was supposed to be working and i had just shelled out to see his concert!!! Not Impressed !!!!

What a knob, there is no reason at all to behave like that towards a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

shane filan and mark feehily are really sound guys. anytime i see them out in sligo they will chat away to anyone, pose for pics etc. couldnt be nicer.

ken doherty - met him before a few times. chatted away no problem. i seen him spend the whole night signing autographs and posing for pics with people.

• Advertisement

A neighbour of mine had a very sick child, kid was a huge Man Utd fan and loved Roy Keane. The neighbour was at Old Trafford and left a note for Roy Keane at a reception desk. Roy Keane rang him back and gave him his number, said he would sort him out for match tickets anytime! Even spoke to the kid over the phone. Very sound of him.

Met Liam Gallagher at Knock Airport, legend!

wow this is amazing from roy. ive always thought he would be a dead sound guy despite his angry persona. i like this story.

Martin Sheen: A gent of the highest order. Met him in Galway and chatted awhile. I told him I was a massive Emilio Estevez fan and as he was leaving he asked me for my address. A short time later I get a large envelope in the post, inside a signed picture of Emilio.

awwh thats so good. someone like martin sheen is a real star but seems so sound anytime ive seen him been interviewed. for him to take the time to do this is really cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Shane10 wrote: »
    wow this is amazing from roy. ive always thought he would be a dead sound guy despite his angry persona. i like this story.

One of many, I've heard numerous stories like that. Roy Keane is extremley good when it comes to kids, especially sick children. I have a lot of respect for him that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Clare Bear wrote: »
    One of many, I've heard numerous stories like that. Roy Keane is extremley good when it comes to kids, especially sick children. I have a lot of respect for him that way.

Wasn't there a story that he donated some memorabilia to charity for an auction and then turned up at the auction to bid big money to get it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Jason McAteer at a charity football match. Tried to get an autograph and it was like trying to get blood from a stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

... Damian Dempsey on Inis Oirr last Oct - sound out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    A wrestler for the WWE, who might be better known to the general audience as the lead guy for the film "The Marine".

Again who?

Oh and the rudest celeb I've met is Nichelle Nichols
    ThCan I just say, though, on the thread at large that a lot of the anecdotes seem to centre on randomers horsing up to famous people when they're in a restaurant/pub/nightclub and being surprised when they come away with a flea in their ear. How would you like it if you were out with your family or your mates and you had strangers approaching you, expecting you to perform?

Nichelle was at a autograph/book signing when I met her so she wasn't on her down time

Louis Walsh. :rolleyes:

He's a smug little twunt

Simon Cowell, on the other hand, was lovely

chocgirl wrote: »
    Linda Martin (Eurovision) is not nice in any way, completely stuck up nasty piece of work.

She was an ignorant twunt when I auditoned for You're a Star a couple of years back (she was pissed because I brought my iguana with me to the audition but that still no excuse for being a twunt), she interrupted me after I only sang one line of the song I was singing, she didn't even want to let me audition at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Demonique wrote: »
    She was an ignorant twunt when I auditoned for You're a Star a couple of years back (she was pissed because I brought my iguana with me to the audition but that still no excuse for being a twunt), she interrupted me after I only sang one line of the song I was singing, she didn't even want to let me audition at all.

Ok firstly, why the fcuk did you bring an iguana to a singing audition?

and secondly, Twunt??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

xzanti wrote: »

and secondly, Twunt??????

If that's a question as to what a Twunt is, i guess its Tw*t/C*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

rednik wrote: »
    Jason McAteer at a charity football match. Tried to get an autograph and it was like trying to get blood from a stone.

He never learned to write, god bless his cotton socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

Birneybau wrote: »
    He never learned to write, god bless his cotton socks.
    That explains it! :cool:
    ..or maybe he writes with his feet :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That was you??
    I really felt for ya..the tone of the raddled old bitch like you were commiting some sort of animal cruelty by bringing the thing on..'That pooyer creature'
    What you should've done was bring a cobra in a basket and throw it at her,the stupid old wench.
    That particular bit made me hate her with a passion for being such an old cnunt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xzanti wrote: »
    Ok firstly, why the fcuk did you bring an iguana to a singing audition?

That Iguana sang better than Linda Martin ever did..there wasnt a dry eye in the reptile house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Again who?

john ''you cant see me'' cena
    john_cena1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Matt Bellamy of Muse :(

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Matt Bellamy of Muse :(

Really? :( Tell me more, I love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

he and a friend were on the same plane as me and a friend. Eventually she got up the courage to ask for a photo with us after the flight, while he waited with a friend. We went up and my friend asked and he grunted, turning his back to us on purpose,tilting his sunglasses down, saying to his friend : "seriously?! can i not have one minute to myself?"

shocked :confused:

he and a friend were on the same plane as me and a friend. Eventually she got up the courage to ask for a photo with us after the flight, while he waited with a friend. We went up and my friend asked and he grunted, turning his back to us on purpose,tilting his sunglasses down, saying to his friend : "seriously?! can i not have one minute to myself?"

Boo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha funny becuase I saw a clip of metallica sitting out in the sun backstage at a European festival, and a nervous Matt bellamy approached them and introduced himself as a long time fan..they treated him very well
    ha imagine they snubbed him like he did you!!....."f*ck off Bellamy can't you see we're busy.....jeeeeez man!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

I really like that guy :(
    But I guess everyone gets bored of being famous. Probably his couple hours to himself during the flight weren't enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

What else would you expect from someone from the tinfoil hat brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Met Russell Brand and Jonah Hill yesterday at Get Him to the Greek premiere. Russell is an attention whore. Jonah is super nice though and so friendly and laid back. It made me kinda awkward to say anything or ask for a picture because he didn't seem papparazzi hungry at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

hector o HACKogain.. he was near us in the vip camping area of epicnic 2 yrs ago- we tried to have a bit of banter and he told us to 'GET LOST'.. sure we were having banter with every bulb that passed, the rude prick.

Advertisement