Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

theowen wrote: »
    Nice handwriting :p

Ha thanks lol:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Im just wondering will this be enough to study:

Documents:
    -Sunningdale in detail
    -Abod and coleraine read over twice or so

SnP-
    -Pretty much everything except northern ireland(cant stand tht section)
    -Focus on factors tht contribute to partition(my predicition),Sinn Fein,C na G & FF social & economic,eucharistic congress in plenty of detail & briefly go over rest

DnD-
    Detailed:
    -Lenin & Stalin(& Show trials)
    -Origins and growth of fascist regimes(& Nuremberg)
    -Britain during the inter war periods(&Jarrow)
    Moderate Details:
    -Hitler & Mussolini Foreign Policy
    -Anglo American pop culture

Us:
    -Us Domestic policy
    -Us foreign policy(& Vietnam)
    -Troubled Affluence-Racial Conflict(& Montgomery Bus boycott)
    -Advances in Military Technology,Information tech,Space tech(& Moon Landings)

If u have any chapters u think i should study / get rid off please let me know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Has anyone done political and social reform, 1870-1914 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

ryanf1 wrote: »

yep!:D
    what topics are you focusing on??

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Yep!
    Im doing education, 1913, redmond and davitt

• Advertisement

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Yep!
    Im doing education, 1913, redmond and davitt

howcome you're doing 1913 and davitt? i left them out cos they were both up last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

cweeva wrote: »
    yep!:D
    what topics are you focusing on??
    Role of women ,Education, Catholic Church Mainly.Hared to know about home rule because it was up last year, Im starting to look at the land question as well.

Role of women ,Education, Catholic Church Mainly.Hared to know about home rule because it was up last year, Im starting to look at the land question as well.

Role of woman aswell, education is likely but i just dont have time to do it:rolleyes:
    i have home rule done, focusing mainly on the elections and home rule under redmond!
    and constructive unionism, it's never come up, i'm hoping for that one!
    and bitta the cultural revival aswell seeing as there was no culture last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Tony1130 wrote: »
    Im just wondering will this be enough to study:

Documents:
    -Sunningdale in detail
    -Abod and coleraine read over twice or so

SnP-
    -Pretty much everything except northern ireland(cant stand tht section)
    -Focus on factors tht contribute to partition(my predicition),Sinn Fein,C na G & FF social & economic,eucharistic congress in plenty of detail & briefly go over rest

DnD-
    Detailed:
    -Lenin & Stalin(& Show trials)
    -Origins and growth of fascist regimes(& Nuremberg)
    -Britain during the inter war periods(&Jarrow)
    Moderate Details:
    -Hitler & Mussolini Foreign Policy
    -Anglo American pop culture

Us:
    -Us Domestic policy
    -Us foreign policy(& Vietnam)
    -Troubled Affluence-Racial Conflict(& Montgomery Bus boycott)
    -Advances in Military Technology,Information tech,Space tech(& Moon Landings)

If u have any chapters u think i should study / get rid off please let me know :P

that definitely sounds like enough.
    Pop culture ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

cweeva wrote: »
    howcome you're doing 1913 and davitt? i left them out cos they were both up last year?
    that doesnt mean they wont come up this year.
    Theres the ones i enjoy, dont like butt and parnell stuff.

• Advertisement

What has a better chance of coming up Montgomery BB or Advancements in technology??

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

a few people are predicitng US economy BUT, is the CAUSES of the boom or the SOCIAL EFFECTS of the boom more likely to come up? because we only ever did an essay on effects...

Also, for the rest of the course I'm doing
    Sov&Part:
    Sinn Fein, why 1916 failed, why Treaty negotiations failed, CnaG and FF economy

USA:
    Civil Rights, Vietnam (why in&why out), social effects of post war boom and collapse of consensus

Dict&Dem:
    Anglo-American Pop culture, how stalin maintained control through terror&propaganda, church-state relations and i havent picked a 4th yet. maybe how mussolini came to power

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

i actually hate sovereignty and partition :( my essays are from fourth year and are therefore extremely terrible!! my one on the eucharistic congress is just going on and on about banners and bunting and flags and how awesome the place looked... hahahaha..oh im fuuucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Tony1130 wrote: »
    What has a better chance of coming up Montgomery BB or Advancements in technology??

Technology with space race. Montgomery came up as the document last year.

k thanks i've studied vietnam & Foreign policy & Domestic Factors in a lot of detail and ill study adv in tech the morning of the test since it starts at 2.00

Good luck to u all in the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Just a quick question in relation to the essay's in the exam. A friend of mine heard that you need to quotes as part of your essay and that you need more sources than just the history book. Is this true ? Personally i'm not so sure but if it is then my history teacher has really left us in the dark.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

hey, like yi all i am dreading this history exam, i need a least a b1 and im freakin out! this is what ive learned (well hope to have learnt)

D+D:
    church state relations germany +italy
    stalin: show trials (just)
    JARROW (please god)
    hitlers foriegn policy
    little bit on nuremburg if stuck

America:
    how did america get involved in vietnam and why it failed
    US economy-boom and decline
    moon landing
    little bit on montgomery+ toubled affluence

irish history:
    GAA/gaelic league
    1885 general elction (fingers crossed)
    1913 lockout
    tiny bit on unionism and home rule

documents:
    SUNNINGDALE!!!
    ill cover coleraine a little bit to get thro it aswell!

there the things i hope to learn...in a few days!:) do ti think ill be covered...im so nervous.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Has Jarrow ever come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

theowen wrote: »
    Has Jarrow ever come up?

It's come up pretty much every year in some form or other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

people say it cant come up 4 da fifth year in a row, but id put money on jarrow coming up again, and its a nice essay too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

jenjenxx wrote: »
    people say it cant come up 4 da fifth year in a row, but id put money on jarrow coming up again, and its a nice essay too!

Their is nothing more they can ask on it... Making it highly unlikely to come up.

D+D: Facist Regimes, Anglo American ( please god...!!!) Nuremberg Rallies, Church State Relations, anti Semitidm.

USA: Vietnam why and how, montogomery plus troubled affluence/racial conflict, moon landing plus advancements, cold war tensions

SOV: EC and broader, 1916 rising, Belfast case study plus broader... And another I can't think of!

NI book: everything. But I don't have essays done one cultural significance of ABOD and steps to sunningdales establishment. If anyone has notes a sample answer or paragraph points I can use to make up my essay let me know please!!!

I'd recommend studying Lenin & Stalin plus show trials i guarantee its coming up in some form along with germany + italy & jarrow march

For the irish book anglo irish relations hasnt come up in a while & factors tht contribute to partition from 1912 also .. and of course Eucharistic Congress!

Us Foreign and domestic should pretty much cover u unless they throw up a question on a president or sumtin.. Come on Vietnam and McCarthyism

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MarkDurc

reckon il b safe with this:

Sov and Par:

Anglo Irish Relations 1923-1945
    Eucharistic + Lan. Edu. Rel
    WW2 North and South + Belfast
    Treaty + Civil War
    and maybe Partition for backup

Dic and Dem:

Mussolini(to a tee)
    Stalin + Russia(not Lenin)
    Hitler(consolidating power and establishing totalitarian regime, propaganda, characteristics of nazi state)
    Britain Soc/Eco problems

USA:

Montgomery
    US Foreign Policy(both periods)
    Vietnam

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'm studying all of my D+D topics today:confused:

Was going to do:
    1. Stalin purges and show trials
    2. Jarrow
    3. Nuremberg and Nazi propaganda
    4. Weimer and Hitler to power (that's all nothing about Hitler Germany)
    5. Vichy collaboration & resistance
    6. Church state Germany and Italy
    7. The Final Solution
    That's all I have time to do now.
    Hope it will be enough.
    I'm the worst procrastinator ever. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

I have zero time for History study :(
    So I've cut it down to this:

SOV: Sinn Fein 1918 Election; Fianna Fail and CnaG Economic/Foreign Policies and consolidation of democracy for CnaG

DIV&REALIGNMENT: EEC; Second Vatican Council; Hungarian Uprising

D+D: (this is the one I'm most worried about so I'd appreciate any suggestions to do other things)
    I've done:
    Anti Semitism
    Nazi Propaganda
    Mussolini coming to power and consolidation of democracy
    Stalin Show Trials/Use Of Terror
    Characteristics Of Fascist/Dictator Regimes

Should I do something on Church state relations?

For the documents I'm gonna do Sunningdale & Coleraine in detail and then roughly ABODs. There's a very slim chance of that coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

can somebody answer these few questions for me, much appreciatedbiggrin.gif

1) Alot of people are goin on about pop culture coming up, I know the anglo american pop culture essay but im certain thats in the 1920s and 1930s

what would you basically put into a pop culture essay thats set around the 50s and 60s...or is this even possible to come up?

2) what does subjective and objective mean

3) I know cng ff, jarrow, rise of fascism, vietnam and 1918 GE. going to learn improvements in intechnology and anti semetism today

are there any other massivly tipped essays that i have left out?

ty

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Here everyone - don't cut corners with the document. Don't just learn Sunningdale. Sure, focus on it, but for God's sake learn all three! Have enough to write 2~ pages on it... You really are just throwing away marks if you don't learn all three...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

brianw1 wrote: »
    can somebody answer these few questions for me, much appreciatedbiggrin.gif

1) Alot of people are goin on about pop culture coming up, I know the anglo american pop culture essay but im certain thats in the 1920s and 1930s

what would you basically put into a pop culture essay thats set around the 50s and 60s...or is this even possible to come up?

2) what does subjective and objective mean

3) I know cng ff, jarrow, rise of fascism, vietnam and 1918 GE. going to learn improvements in intechnology and anti semetism today

are there any other massivly tipped essays that i have left out?

ty
    Economic war with britain and Eucharistic Congress could show up. Montgomery/racism is good to know aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fuzzel

fufureida wrote: »
    Their is nothing more they can ask on it... Making it highly unlikely to come up.
    I reckon that's exactly what people were saying last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

zam wrote: »
    Here everyone - don't cut corners with the document. Don't just learn Sunningdale. Sure, focus on it, but for God's sake learn all three! Have enough to write 2~ pages on it... You really are just throwing away marks if you don't learn all three...
    I'd say it's a flip a coin sort of thing really :confused:

Advertisement